Thread: Oh No!! Not the dreaded installation question!!!!

Gavmundo's Avatar Senator
    Morecambe, UK ... in the realms of the North!

Default Oh No!! Not the dreaded installation question!!!!

:original:
    Now i'm not exactly a newbie at this as I have several mods installed and I've never had a single problem but I'm having one now.

Ok this might be a stupid question but when you say you need a clean install of 1.5.... the only vanilla install I have includes BI so its 1.5 for RTW and 1.6 for BI so I figure this mod should work in that folder but it doesn't seem to. I copy the 5.0 files into this folder but when I run the game its just a vanilla RTW with only three Roman factions selectable. Now I know this mod makes Rome unified so know this isn't right.

Is this because you really do need a RTW minus BI to play it?
    I don't use mod switcher so I have several folders of modded RTW's and the only vanilla game I have is the BI one so i'm not keen to install from scratch and even if I did I'd have to find a patch with just the files as using the official one would mean Installing it into the original folder which I can't do.

Any ideas anyone? There doesn't seem to have been many problems on the forum to do with installation so hope this isn't something really obvious or I'll feel stupid

:wink:

Default Re: Oh No!! Not the dreaded installation question!!!!

Hi!

I have TE installed on RTW Gold Edition, which has RTW 1.5 and BI 1.6, so that doesn't cause a problem.

You have to point the installer to the "Data" folder in the "Rome - Total War" Folder, and not just the "Rome - Total War" folder, if what I just said makes any sense .

Hope it helps.

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Its just a simple .exe, point it to the data folder in the Rome Total War folder you want it installed to, and just run it.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Hi, I have this problem too and I have already tried the above and its still not working!

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

This mod is for Rome Total War, NOT Barbarian Invasion. And since BI is the 1.6 patch, Im not sure what would happen if you installed into that data folder.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Yeah guys, this mod is for RTW 1.5, whether you have BI or not it doesnt effect the installation of TE. Just let the .exe install TE into the correct RTW Data folder and you're good.

Gavmundo's Avatar Senator
    Morecambe, UK ... in the realms of the North!

Mine's fine now. Didn't realise it had to be installed in the Data folder as most of the other mods are just directed to the root folder. Didn't see anything in the installation instructions in the sticky that mentioned the data folder. Works fine now it's in the right place

Started a Campaign as Epirus last night. Looks a great Mod!

OK I got it installed correctly but when I try to start a campaign it says "please select an item from the list"

The Black Reaper's Avatar Hell's Gate

you probably dont have the right patch... it sometimes does that if you dont have the right patch for the mod

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 4.0 GHz | CPU Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 + | Mobo: Asus m4a79xtd evo
    Ram: Corsair XMS3 2x4GB DDR3 1333 MHz | PSU: Antec Truepower 650W | GPU: Evga Geforce GTX 580

Under the Patronage of the Honorable Nicholas Rush

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mstrange
    OK I got it installed correctly but when I try to start a campaign it says "please select an item from the list"
    Reinstall the game, then reinstall TE

I had just gotten through reinstalling! Btw is ver 5.0 for TE require any previous versions?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mstrange
    I had just gotten through reinstalling! Btw is ver 5.0 for TE require any previous versions?
    No it doesnt, just install TE 5 over a fresh install of vanilla 1.5. And when you reinstalled did you delete the RTW folder?

yes I did. I have gold edition so I should already have ver 1.5.

It works! Decided to reinstall one more time this time without BI and it works!