Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: RS2.5 Hotseat Campaign

Primo's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: RS2.5 Hotseat Campaign

We wait for evalation to get it working.

Evalation's Avatar Centenarius

Ive tried everything, the only thing left to try is to reinstall rs2 all over agian and then see what happends. ill get back to you when im done. Should take about an hr to be fully completed.

As i said i will not hold everyone up and start getting people pissed off because we cant move on, so if i am unable to fix it ill quit the campaign and someone may take my place.
    scince playing total war this is the very first time i have attempted a multiplayer campaign with anything.

I asked luke in pm, maybe i should ask in public. When i start hotseat campaign it takes me to a screen where the lists are
    The Battlefield
    Multiplayer
    Loads
    Etc..

When downloaded thracrians princess i followed lukes intructions to the letter, but something is wrong scince everytime i click on load it says load custom battle, load battle replay.

When you say "unzip" a folder what do you mean. Maybe thats my problem, because i just click on extract then choose the path where i want it to go. Is that where im messin up?
    Also i have two folders called "Hotseat" in my directory, one in rome total war, the other in the rs folder (which is the one i sent it to as instructed)

If anyone might have a clue please help would be greatly appreciated
    Last edited by Evalation; June 03, 2012 at 03:49 PM.

The Hotseat folder needs to be in rome total war, not in the rs folder.
    when you start the game via launcher with the hotseat submod you should also be able to start a campaign, not play costum battles or "the battlefield"

Id like to inform everyone that i fixed it with sadlogics explanation. Im ready to go but i dont know what to do now as when i load the save it starts with belgae and when i end the turn it goes right back to belgae.

Thanks agian sad,
    Eva

Ill check back later for a reply, Sad i sent you a few pms but i guess your occupied.

Gotta report to my superiors be back later.
    Last edited by Evalation; June 03, 2012 at 06:54 PM.

oh i see whats the problem now
    Thracian Princess didnt end her turn thats why its belgaes turn.
    You need to click on a city and start the script so you dont get back to another belgae turn.

i tried uploading the save but it said invalid file?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH nothing goes right for me!!@!@!
    Last edited by Evalation; June 03, 2012 at 08:26 PM.

Not to junk up your thread, but...I'm impressed. I didn't expect hotseat to work in RS on any version. I have a game going with some friends on RTRVII, but was too scared to try it in RS just because of all the scripting. Kudos. Now I have to go check out RS again.

Rhaenys Targaryen's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Evalation View Post
    Id like to inform everyone that i fixed it with sadlogics explanation. Im ready to go but i dont know what to do now as when i load the save it starts with belgae and when i end the turn it goes right back to belgae.

Thanks agian sad,
    Eva

Ill check back later for a reply, Sad i sent you a few pms but i guess your occupied.

Gotta report to my superiors be back later.
    Either you or ThracianPrincess didn't activate the script.

edit: Oh, read what i missed and he got it working. And yeah, uploading to TWC didn't work for me either, which is why I uploaded it on mediafire and linked to the download page here.

also, sorry for completely forgetting about ending my turn.
    Last edited by Thracian Princess; June 04, 2012 at 12:39 AM.

Dont worry about it, I got to Macedon and i diddnt look at none of your things. I did however have to click on a city to start the script to save and exit though but diddnt get to look at much.

Edit:How do i upload a file onto mediafire or whatever other place.
    Last edited by Evalation; June 04, 2012 at 01:12 AM.

PM'd you about that, Eva . I hope my explanation makes sense. I have a habit of making absolutely no sense when I try and explain something >.<

I am not a participant this hotseat but I am following it closely its very interesting would have loved to join but I just don’t have the time which is why I never asked for a spot.
    Concerning uploading problems, did you guys Zip or rar the save file before attempting to upload since TWC will only allow certain file formats which will be listed in the upload window if you scroll down a bit.

Yes, it was most definitely a zip file when I tried to upload it. What happened when I tried to upload from my PC was nothing. It would sit there saying "Waiting for TWC" or something until it went to a "Connection has time out, try again" page. When trying to upload from a URL it was also a zip file, yet told me it was an invalid file.

I wonder how long this campaign will take if all of this commotion is happening over one turn...

Primo's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare Moon View Post
    I wonder how long this campaign will take if all of this commotion is happening over one turn...
    Over the first turn. There shouldn't be any technical difficulties, and everyone should know how it works after that - thus it will be faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare Moon View Post
    Very good point. My free time is running out while problems arise with people's turns.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Vader View Post
    Over the first turn. There shouldn't be any technical difficulties, and everyone should know how it works after that - thus it will be faster.
    Exactly. All this commotion is people figuring things out in practice, instead of just thinking about it in theory. Once that's done with things will speed up.

I do hope that no more problems like this occur in the future, I'm so anticipated for this and the more I wait the more suspension I get.

Anthropoid's Avatar Tiro
    In the nether regions of the Puritan hinterlands

Like I said, these things can literally take YEARS

But yeah, totally true that the beginning is the slowest part. I bet in a week or so we will have 10 turns done, assuming that once we get the rhythm down we do a couple "Jam Sessions" were we finish a couple turns in quick succession.

Just to assure you guys, we'll have no problems when it's my turn! I'm all ready smooth, and I've got everything planned!