Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Withwnar's Submod Collection v1.7 [3.2 compatible]

xbraun's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Withwnar's Submod Collection v1.6.2 [3.2 compatible] - 25-Nov: CTD fix

I installed twice, i can open the game but the messages don't pop up at the start,
    I do see the secret forest trails but i cant use them, yes i tried playing as elves

Do u have an idea why it isn't working?

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Default Re: Withwnar's Submod Collection v1.6.2 [3.2 compatible] - 25-Nov: CTD fix

I'll bet there's an error in the log about missing sounds. If so then SoundExtractor wasn't properly run.

I have added some additional instructions to the OP. They aren't different steps, just written in a different way that some found easier to follow. Try that.

It worked many thanks!

But i have one more question
    The changeable bodygaurd function isnt working with Shift + c
    And i cant find it in the keyboard options menu

Any thoughts?

Excellent. Thanks for reporting back.

Probably keys.dat was not deleted. install.bat should be doing that. Did you see the point about running that BAT as administrator?

EDIT: I just added it to the second instruction list but it was always in the first list.

Yep did run it as admin
    Will it work if i do it again?

Thanks for the quick reply btw!

No harm in doing it again. But have a look after to see whether the file exists. If it does then delete it manually. But if the BAT didn't work (any error messages?) then it might have failed to copy across the Palantiri files too.

Did it again and couldn't find keys.dat

Trying it again now
    Ill let u know

What version are you using? The latest, 1.6.2?

yea i downloaded yesterday

it wasn´t working yet.

are there any other files i need to delete??

btw i gave you my first rep

No. Missing key shortcuts are this file's problem.

BTW the file is keys.dat in here:
    {M2TW}\mods\Third_Age_3\preferences
    not:
    {M2TW}\preferences

Pretty sure you knew that but checking anyway.

Try looking under the virtual store, something like: C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3\preferences

Thanks for the rep. It doesn't count until you have 50 posts but the thought matters.

Do i need to remove the keys.dat file,?
    I found it but can't open

You found it in the virtual store? Yes, delete it and try the game.

It works
    Thanks again

Whoa! Wasn't quite expecting a result there. So you found it in the virtual store, right? Can you tell me exactly where it was?

Can you do me a favour and use the Palantiri when you get a chance? I'm wondering if you see the graphic effect around the screen while viewing, like it shows in the Palantiri Revision thread's first post.

i went to C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3\preferences then i pressed the show compatibility files button

let me check for the palantir

Sounds like it was in the virtual store then, probably because this wasn't done:

Quote Originally Posted by King Kong View Post
    Installation instructions for Windows 7 and Vista, XP Non-Steam users:
    Disable UAC before installing TATW, run all TATW installers as Administrator.
    Thanks for confirming. I will add a note to the instructions.

As for the Palantiri, a viewing should look like this:

Default Re: Withwnar's Submod Collection v1.6.3 [3.2 compatible] - 22-Jan: minor updates, easier installation

New update. The main change is including the latest Total Diplomacy. A few other submods have had minor updates and these have been included.

Also, there is now an alternative, simpler, installation method. Thanks to Ngugi for suggesting it.

Default Re: Withwnar's Submod Collection v1.6.3 [3.2 compatible] - 22-Jan: minor updates, easier installation

+rep for your work
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Brilliant mods! Thanks for your hard work!