Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Withwnar's Submod Collection v1.7 [3.2 compatible]

Default Re: Withwnar's Submod Collection v1.6.3 [3.2 compatible] - 22-Jan: minor updates, easier installation

Hi, I downloaded the whole files and used installation option 1. My game launches 2 seconds before crashing to desktop :/ I had several other mods on my version but nothing really serious. I didn't make vanilla backup when melting files during installation . I have a feeling game crashes when music is supposed to start playing ... Any idea to make the game work again?

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Default Re: Withwnar's Submod Collection v1.6.3 [3.2 compatible] - 22-Jan: minor updates, easier installation

It is probably the other submods you had. It only takes one tiny conflict to break the whole game. You could try reinstalling those but it will probably just break something else.

If no good then you'll need to reinstall TATW.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Rhadamantys View Post
    I had several other mods on my version but nothing really serious. I didn't make vanilla backup when melting files during installation
    Quote Originally Posted by Withwnar View Post
    It is probably the other submods you had. It only takes one tiny conflict to break the whole game.
    Yeah, rule of thumb is to never mix mods that the creator(s) do not state work together in instructions or if asked about it directly; as often features within the mods will stop working and at at worst the game crash

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

OP updated with a notice at the top regarding Secret Forest Trails shortcuts, also added to the SFT thread's OP.

Hey i've got a Problem.
    (First sorry for my bad english I'am from Austria)
    I followed the Installation-Guide and when i start play and go to the diplomacy = CTD and when i double click on a other city the games also i habe a CTD
    Maybe its about the Translation?

Not sure. Translation? You are using a translation submod ... German perhaps? That could cause a CTD, yes, unless it is correctly merged with this collection.

double post pardon me
    Last edited by The Tarman; October 28, 2013 at 07:14 AM.

No BS or joking manner here when I say to the community and the Creators that your work here is in deed worthy of any and all praise it has or will receive in the future. Here is ti the hope life rewards you great guys with something you seek while on the journey forward!

Thanks SS. I have been quiet on the submod front for some time but always working behind the scenes on modding tools and some projects: DCI-LA and OSCAR. Random acts of gratitude such as this remind me why I bother.

May you find what you seek.

Here is a report on the installation (You make it so easy can it truly be called such? lol) and my time spent enjoying the extra content in game.

Well, I will make a long story short and give (In my best Bill & Ted impressions) a hearty "Most Triumphant!" and a "Most Excellent!" and even a little air guitar that is so powerful, any and all witnesses swear to have been rocked to their cores my real face melting guitar solos! It is a great addition to the already great core of mods/sub mods in other words! Radical dude! Thanks again!

I just got your mod to work. It was not your problem, but mine in that I forgot to change the .cfg and .bat files when making multiple installations of third age in different mod folders. After that everything worked fine. I did a quick campaign as Arnor with early DCI's and they worked fine. I am on turn 53 and having a lot of fun. The bodyguard changer has been really nice as well. The OoG managed to siege Fornost and my general there changed from cavalry to BR Dunedain. Probably saved the day as he was one of only three infantry with a lot of archers and the OoG had their starting Troll's with them.

Thanks
    Brian

Good to hear. And thanks for the thanks.

I reinstall third age and then this submode but i still get a crash error; and all i wanted was the force diplomacy command. (os xp)

Then you could just try Total Diplomacy instead. Link is in the first post.

Or: the first post in the Total Diplomacy thread has a link to a "generic" forced diplomacy solution.

EDIT: as to the crash some people had that problem when they didn't install the sound files properly.
    Last edited by Withwnar; May 22, 2014 at 04:17 AM.

Thanks Withwnar , I already found it. But would have been nice to find a page with all Third Age submods ;this date base it huge to find some specific submod.

would have been nice to find a page with all Third Age submods
    It isn't all but it's still useful: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...PDATED-FOR-3-2!!!

Hi, is this collection compatible with either FRoGE v2.5.1 or MOS v1.6.1?

Quote Originally Posted by SKirby14 View Post
    Hi, is this collection compatible with either FRoGE v2.5.1 or MOS v1.6.1?
    Welcome to TWC SKirby14

No they're not compatible

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Thanks for the welcome!

Do you have any advice about which of these collections I should use, as a beginner to TATW?

Quote Originally Posted by SKirby14 View Post
    Do you have any advice about which of these collections I should use, as a beginner to TATW?
    If you're brand new then my suggestion is always to play the vanilla game first some, and then you know weither and what kind of content and/or changes you're interested in, to know what submods fit your taste best.

Personally this is my favourite TATW submod so it's my choice hehe, but if you stand and ponder between different mods, why not get them all and test your way trough?
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...erent-submods)