Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Various Druchii Unit Cards - And Some More

Artifex

Default Various Druchii Unit Cards - And Some More

Made some cards yesterday and today, thought I would share them. Obviously focused on showing off fancy armour details rather than showing the whole elf.

One set is with frames (called Art gallery style) and one is without (called Standard style).

OK, so who are these blurry, messed up freaks? From left to right: Swordsmen, Spearmen, Crossbowmen, Black Ark Corsairs, Har Ganeth Executioners, Black Guard and Bodyguard, Shades, Cheerleaders of...hrrmmm... Witch Elves of Khaine, Assassins, Dark Riders, Cold One Knights and Bodyguards, Reaper Bolt Thrower, Sorceress (I made a portrait of her because it looked nice and the unit is so rare and valuable it's quite comparable to a really awesome and valuable general). The ship also got a frame but it's not showing here (lazy me).

Below are... well, the same crew but without frames and in a slightly different order.

Installation: Unpack and paste the "mongols" folder from the style of your choice into Call of Warhammer's data/ui/units folder. The name of the Call of Warhammer may differ depending on what version of the mod you have, I'm not sure about that.

REMEMBER TO BACKUP THE ORIGINAL UNIT CARDS IN CASE YOU WANT TO SWITCH BACK

I have continued unit card modding for the Beginning of the end times submod, found here
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...da-Greenskinz)
    Most of these are present in Rage of the Dark Gods too and thus compatible. I will add the druchii over there too in time once I have included their new units.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Maltacus; November 06, 2019 at 02:10 PM.
    The Misadventures of Diabolical Amazons - Completed.
    An Orcs Tale, a Third Age AAR - Completed.
    Reviewed by Alwyn in the Critics Quill
    My Dread Lady, a Warcraft Total War AAR - 27 chapters done.
    Home to Midgard, a Third Age AAR about two dwarves, a spy and a diplomat - Completed (pictures remade up to chapter 19).
    Reviewed by Boustrophedon in The Critics Quill

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Default Re: Various Druchii Unit Cards

Beautiful!

+rep

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Cool!

nice
    +rep

Malagant's Avatar Libertus

nice one's
    will you make more for other factions too?
    Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes
    Fortis cadere, cedere non potest

Artifex

Many thanks everyone, it's so nice you liked them.

I am NOT planning to make a card minimod like the one I made/am making for Third Age Total War, but maybe I will add some other factions or some units. The Druchii cards did particularly little justice to the impressive models that are in the mod, in my opinion.

Druchii and Sylvania have a special place in my Call of Warhammer heart, being the first faction I played and the first campaign I could play continuously without campaign-breaking crashes respectively, so one or two Sylvanian cards might rise from murky tombs in the future.

However, tomorrow happens to be the Swedish national day (independence/sovereignty and later the first "modern" Swedish constitution) and I'm thinking of making some Nordland cards to celebrate, since Nordland has several hints towards Swedish military history (seafaring traditions, somewhat of a backwater compared to richer southern neighbours, importance of crossbows, volleys fired before infantry charge, both famous and infamous for offensive infantry tactics). Tzeentchs followers also wear beautiful blue, but there is already a very cool mod with chaos unit cards available. In addition, Nordland has become the most troublesome enemy in my Druchii campaign so I will have plenty of opportunity to enjoy their new cards.

Edit: Here we go. Quality is laughable compared to the Druchii but then, there isn't as much to work with in terms of armour details and such things.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

From left to right: Swordsmen, Marines, Spearmen, Halberdiers, Greatswords and Bodyguards, Archers, Crossbowmen, Handgunners, Nordland heavy Crossbowmen, Pistoliers.

Last edited by Maltacus; June 05, 2012 at 06:31 PM.
    Home to Midgard, a Third Age AAR about two dwarves, a spy and a diplomat - Completed (pictures remade up to chapter 19).

Artifex

Finished a Tzeentch campaign recently and made some new cards as it progressed. From left to right: Chosen of Nurgle, Champion Knights of Nurgle, Chosen of Tzeentch, Champion Knights of Tzeentch, Marauder Horsemen, Chaos Knights, Tzeentch Sorcerers on Discs, Chaos Dwarf Warriors, Chaos Dwarf Blunderbuss, Bestigors (incidently the best of these cards too, as the name suggests ).

The last three are mercenaries so they will show up for all chaos factions able to hire them.

Unpack and paste the "lithuania" and "mercs" folders into the ui folder (see instructions in first post) and merge and overwrite. To add them to another chaos faction you can select the cards and just copy into the folder of the other faction you have chosen. As always, changes to the cards are totally save-game compatible and do not interfere with modifications of other things than these unit cards.

Happy chaos-ing!

Vice's Avatar Biarchus

Nicely done yet again! +rep!

Artifex

Marauding Slaanesh cards (yes, I will get to the important part, =daemonettes, eventually):

Marauders and Marauder Desolators, Axe Throwers, Mounted Marauders, Chosen on foot and Knights, an alternative Chaos Knight. Slaanesh bodyguards also included but not showing.

Unpack and paste the card(s) you like into the factions folder in Call of Warhammer...data/ui/units.
    teutonic_order is Slaanesh (monastic order being the hedonistic heathens of course )
    denmark is chaos undivided
    lithuania is Tzeentch
    novgorod is Nurgle
    norway is Khorne (berserkers of the north)

Artifex

Buggy forum, attempting to upload this: Apparently nothing works tonight .
    Last edited by Maltacus; November 17, 2013 at 04:19 PM.

Greetings Maltacus, so are you considering to upload those new unit cards in another site? Because I'm just waiting for them to start a Ostland campaign, and a new Karaz Ankor campaign.
    I just love your work with the unit cards, particulary the more static ones, instead of the more dynamic positions.
    Thank's very much!

Nice stuff Maltacus!
    Any chance of making a compiled list/file packate of your new cards?

Artifex

Hi all, I haven't signed in for some time, I'm touched that people appreciate my stuff to such extent. I still haven't worked out what's up with uploading attachments, could be something with firewall and virus protection (I'm on a fairly new rig with the ever troublesome Windows 8). Could anyone of you tell me if you can attach things like before right now?
    I've also thought about an external site, will try to upload the stuff that way, anyone has any recommendations? I don't have a clue about what's good in that department currently.
    Remember that changes to unit cards are save-game compatible so you can start new campaigns and change the cards any number of times afterwards without anything being ruined.
    Last edited by Maltacus; December 20, 2013 at 09:05 AM.

Artifex

Trying mediafire for no other reason than remembering seeing it used by some other people on TWC. Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/af...qhx1n/units.7z Install by unpackning/extracting, open the first units folder and pasting the (real) units folder (the one with all the faction folders inside) into the Call of Warhammer data/ui folder and merge and overwrite everything. As always, remember the backups. These are all the cards I have, both vanilla 1.4.4 and my own. I'll sort it out in the future so you only download those I have changed but my head hurts today so the dude abides at the moment.* *That is a pun referring to the movie "Big Lebowski", if anyone wondered. Let me know if this works or not and merry christmas
    Last edited by Maltacus; December 23, 2013 at 05:32 AM.

Damn man, those cards are AWESOME. Just make sure you keep to a strict, uh drug regime, to keep your mind limber. Those strands, man, you gotta keep those strands together in your head, man.
    “The hardest thing in the world is to assume the mood of a warrior. It is of no use to be sad and complain and feel justified in doing so, believing that someone is always doing something to us. Nobody is doing anything to anybody, much less to a warrior.” ― Don Juan
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, USMC

Thanks for the compiled list m8. Ace

This looks like an excellent addition Maltacus!
    A few questions:

1) Is this compatible with any version of Call of Warhammer or just 1.4.4? Since it's just unit pics in the /ui folder it should work on Gigantus' version right?

2) Does the mediafire link have all the unit cards shown on this page?

3) Is it save game compatible? I remember the patch for the MOS issue with Halbarad's unit card not being correct was save-game compatible.

Hi Encablossa,
    I'm currently running Giganticus`version and it works fine for me. No probs with saves or anything

Artifex

Hey Encablossa,

1. It should work on any version I suppose. The only thingthat could change that would be if some units changed their name (the name thatthe game engine uses, which is not necessarily the same as the unit name thatappears in the game).

2. Yes, as well as all the vanilla 1.4.4 cards I haven'tchanged and some more of mine not appearing in the previews.

3. Yes.

Happy New Year Everyone!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast