Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: TEd Example Maps

Default Re: Show off your newly created Maps!

night temple
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The first that comes to mind when seeing Anton's map is "It ain't me, It ain't me, I ain't no fortunate one ooh" !
    French commentaries for TW and RTS:http://www.youtube.com/user/leviath40

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

So the big question is: can anything be done to enhance the maps of the Single Player campaign?

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
    I've read somewhere in the official forum someone (from CA) says it's not supported but possible.
    This certainly picks my hopes up a bit! If the game will let me swap out the (battleterrain > templates) reference with a (battleterrain > presets) reference in template_map.xml, that'll let a bunch of land maps be possible.

My only uncertainty is sieges. I'm rather confident I can just dump new castle maps over the specific (battleterrain > presets) folders and get a few new castles in there. That template_map.xml references the siege deployment zones, but doesn't seem to contain a presets reference, so I can't dump a good ~60 maps in a pack and expect them to magically show up (sadly). Out of our reach, perhaps.

Still, that first bit is intriguing. That template_map.xml also looks like more land maps could be added, although doing it manually seems rather... time-consuming. Very time consuming.
    Last edited by Akaie; May 24, 2012 at 12:18 PM.

The S2 Onin War Mod | Boshin: Total Domains
    Patron of Erwin Rommel
    Under the proud patronage of Radious

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...l=1#post345154

From Eliott Lock himself.

Originally Posted by daniu

Will it be possible to add castle maps created with TEd into the campaign?
    This is not a supported feature, but this doesn't mean it's not theoretically possible.

Elliott

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Anton III View Post
    This thread went down-hill a tad too quickly .

A bit more time on the Kamigori map. I suddenly realized there was no big appeal to running over to that bit of the map on the right, so I figured I would stick dojos down there to make it a more appealing gamble (hopefully). Using forests to cover up my somewhat bad initial design, I did this:

I'm not very happy with the initial setup, so I think that'll be enough for Kamigori. I could go on forever with tweaks and such .
    Oh my god!!!! that awesome genius map I ever seen. Can I try your map? its complete yet? or something more to adds?
    Its easy to make war with others, its never been easy when we need a peace.

My holy damn simple tactic; Strike First, Strike HARD and SHOW NO MERCY.

Adreno's Avatar Senator

Hey guys i was busy with making a new map in the afternoon and after an hour or 3 ive finished a really nice map, but i have a problem loading it when trying to play a custom battle.. my game will crash immediately if i try to load it.. also the strange thing is that the name ive given to the map doesnt seem to be there, but it gets a generic name.. first custom map or something like that.. its the only one ive saved so that should be the one.. i had darthmod installed and i thought it might conflict with the newest patch so i removed it but still to no avail..

anyone know anything obvious i could have missed?

also where is the complete manual? is it only on the official tw forums? couldnt see because i dont have an account there

edit- probably already found it, had to make custom deployment zones and forgot to give both of them different alliance ID's.. should be good now
    Last edited by Adreno; May 24, 2012 at 12:58 PM.

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

@Adreno

I believe your map might be called something like "My First Shogun 2 Map," not what you named it.

Just saw the edit... did you find it after fixing the zones?

Adreno's Avatar Senator

Yeah thats right, ive sort of fixed it now.. allthough i get strange triangles instead of rectangled deployment zones, theyre exactly half the size.. and out of nowhere all the trees and shrubs dissapeared.. no clue about that but im still reading the manual.. know how to change all the map info now though so that will be easy aswell

as you can see the minimap shows plenty of foliage but its as barren as a desert

I don’t want to be unpleasant, but I’m disappointed with the maps I’ve seen so far. I was expecting to see new castles or battlefields with new challenges. If TEd was released so people could create mediocre maps, then I guess it was a waste of time releasing this tool.
    I apologize if I offended someone, but this is what I think.
    Last edited by Birdofilo; May 24, 2012 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdofilo View Post
    I don’t want to be unpleasant, but I’m disappointed with the maps I’ve seen so far. I was expecting to see new castles or battlefields with new challenges. If TEd was released so people could create mediocre maps, then I guess it was a waste of time releasing this tool.
    The thing has only been out one day.

Adreno's Avatar Senator

Yeah im sure most people are still just trying stuff out.. its easy to use but not so easy that you can make an incredibly good map in an hour time.. the possibilities ive seen are outstanding and im pretty sure there will be a bunch of awesome maps in no time, just be a bit more patient

Hellhound1's Avatar *Knock Knock*

Practicing with mountains and costal bombarding thingies.

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Hellhound1 View Post
    Practicing with mountains and costal bombarding thingies.

Ohh... there is costal cannons! coooool!

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastos Abdes Pantera View Post
    The thing has only been out one day.
    Yeah I know seriously?

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

It`s not like with Bethesda where most people already understood the Creation Kit and had stuff ready real fast. We really can`t say too much until at least a month has gone by.

However, I too, will be watching to see if anything actually substantial is possible, especially in OFFLINE CAMPAIGNS.

Someones acting a little high and mighty about a tool thats only been out 1 - 2 days. Everyones still learning the ropes of what can and can't be done. You honestly can't expect the most spectacular maps before people take the training wheels off.
    Rome > Darthmod Med2:K > SS6.4, Rule_Brittania, Broken Crescent Empire > Empire Realism Napoleon > Darthmod Shogun 2 > True Samurai, [WIP] Mettle Blades and Skills

Tired of changing steam Launcher options for Med 2/Kingdoms mods? use Kingdoms App Launcher

Funniest Thread in Rome 2 history: The new "you got the sandals wrong" thread.

Please, please, please remember that these guys make make primarily for their own purpose/enjoyment and not for anyone else.
    Last edited by VersionLangley; May 24, 2012 at 04:33 PM.

Hmmm I made a giant fortress however the map I made is crashing, I have deployment zones setup properly.....What else causes crashes?

Edit: It seems that nomatter what I do, Ted refuses to save Deployment Zones data. I guess I will have to modify them manually.
    Last edited by Hyzoran; May 24, 2012 at 04:47 PM.

First of all, I think CA forgot to add that option to create only perfect maps. Secondly, maybe you'll be so kind and show everybody how to archieve this desired level of perfection? I'm sure we're all going to be inspired by your example.

Under the Patronage of: Ishan