Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 31819202122232425262728

Thread: TEd Example Maps

Adreno's Avatar Senator

Default Re: TEd Example Maps

upload needed

Adreno's Avatar Senator

upload needed
    Last edited by Adreno; October 02, 2012 at 04:21 PM.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Haven't been able to check personally, are those 2 land ? Siege ?

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Adreno's Avatar Senator

both siege, but they have some issues for now.. so dont bother :p

Ordinarius

@Taharqa I haven't seen your Old Cairo Pyramids map yet. I must cheer you. Do you think you could be able to recreate also completely different setting?

>PitroMicca :

What do you mean by different settings?

- new textures?
    - new buildings?

Well, I would like to say yes but, right now, i just created my own brushes when i needed them for more specific landscapes and shapes.

If you find a tutorial to edit buildings, importing like 3dsmax creations, I would do it.

Ordinarius

Sorry for the stupid question, Taharqa, but then in Old Cairo pyramids and obelisks are just mountains with different brushes?

LordKainES's Avatar Ducenarius

How the hell can I build bigger walls??? I´m always searching if there is an option to increase height on walls but I did not find it...

Adreno's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by LordKainES View Post
    How the hell can I build bigger walls??? I´m always searching if there is an option to increase height on walls but I did not find it...

you have to set it to freeform first, the highest you can go is 15 meters above the ground.. so if groundheight is 10, set it to 25..

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

seem pretty interesting here, i wonder what kind of map can be create using ted
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

I am proud to present the historic castle of Nagoya!

The construction of thr castle began in January 1610 and some 20 feudal lords were part of it. The castle was the main residence of the Owari branch, the foremost of the three Tokugawa clan lineages. It became the new capital of Owari Province. A notable part of the castle is the Ninomaru Palace thought to have been completed in 1617.

Read more on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nagoya_castle

The map is based on the model that is displayed in the castle and satelite images of the castle grounds as they are today. The Castle is very large and has alot of buildings so i suggest turning down the settings if you have a weaker machine. Please inform me if you find any bugs.

I also have a version of the map with walls instead of the earthwork but they don't function properly as they cannot be climbed. And also i don't know how to add deployment zones for more players so if someone knows how feel free to tell me. There are also more screenshots on the steam workshop page.

A thanks to Erwin Rommel for having the idea of making this castle.

I have also updated my previous maps and put them on the workshop so you can get the latest versions there. Also the map called mountain lake which i haven't uploaded to this site.
    If there is a wish i will upload the other maps here also.

Have fun with this new map.

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

I am proud to present the historic castle of Nagoya!
    You should be even moar proud, its the first EVER, AFAIK, of a historical castle map done faithfully.

It is an epic masterpiece of TED map workmanship, instead of random cluster of mud huts near the castle grounds as some would apt to do and slap in and say its a city, you've done historicaly appropriate neat rows of buildings and mansions of retainers carefully planned just outside the castle walls. The kuruwa grounds are neat and the lined with trees, this little details just shows how much you've based on real plans. Outstanding job. And if faced with ted limitations, your workaround with the tenshu being in the edge of the honmaru was brilliant. Finally, you've made a Sōkuruwa! Or that earthen outermost kuruwa which surrounds the retainer's mansions.

Awesome work. +rep!

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII

Indefinitely Banned
    The western part of an Island They thought a kind of Coffee...

Cant Agree More with Erwin Rommel...
    Hey, If You have more time, You Should make REAL Nijo Castle, Siege of Osaka, Siege of Odawara, Kasugayama, Hiraizumi in Heian Era...

Some Suggestions:
    Japanese Sieges are a long Affair...The Besiegers Tend To Just Wait, Fortifying Their own Positions...(Remember Odawara? or just think of Caesar at Alesia)
    I say add EFLined Barricades and Earthworks, Ramps, Trenches at 100m from Outer Defenses.

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

OMG, +rep, of course! Great, awensome, stupenda map!

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

Presenting Lakeside Castle!

I did this map when building Nagoya got a bit tedious. It's my previous map called Mountain lake but turned into a siege with a small castle at the foot of the mountain.

I did a siege camp on this map. Its mostly my guess of what it would look like. Hope you like it weirdoascensor!

I would like to do further historic castles but i would need good documentation on them with preferably a lot of pictures other than artists impressions of the castles. Without the model i probably couldn't have made Nagoya. And I didn't make any siege camps for Nagoya as you would need a massive army to besiege such a place and with it also a massive siege camp which would have been to much work and also mostly outside the map itself where the camera behaves quite erratically.

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

How about this one. A real Azuchi Momoyama Jidai (Late Sengoku) Castle!

(Nagoya you built was post Sengoku )

No need for buildings, just kuruwa and tents and a tenshu....and lots of built in field fortifications for the attacking side lol and maybe stationary ships to simulate a blockade.

Hell maybe even a naval map version

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII

What is this castle called? The main problem with this one is that i cannot recreate the angles of the walls and I'm not sure it would fit the map. And the AI will probably not know how to attack and stop its troops somewhere in the middle of it. Get me some more ideas and I will decide which one to do next.

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: Show off your newly created Maps!

Installation Instructions ?

Is it possible to add these maps to the single player campaign?