Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Third Age Total War Crashes...any Suggestions?

Default Third Age Total War Crashes...any Suggestions?

Hi! I just installed the Third Age Mod, and started a campaign. It looks amazing, but whenever I start a battle, the game crashes and says, "Medieval 2 Total War has crashed because of an unspecified error".

Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Thanks

Default Re: Third Age Total War Crashes...any Suggestions?

turn off daylight saving time on your computer clock. Nobody knows why it works, but it does.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Welcome to TATW Midnight'

Turn off the day light adjustment/summer time on your computer.
    Should look something like this http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...2#post11280162

edit: ninjad by a sloth!

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Thanks guys! Works perfectly now...that is one weird bug though xd.

I'll go storm Osgiliath now Thanks again

kieran12's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Harry View Post
    turn off daylight saving time on your computer clock. Nobody knows why it works, but it does.
    That was happening to me, but removing descr_geography from the list let me into the battles. Having another issue now when the battle freezing for me after a couple of minutes.

Jackie Chan's Brother Wang...'s Avatar Semisalis
    The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

I have the exact same problem, but the daylight savings time fix doesn't work for me.

but....but....in my country we don't use daylight saving,how can i fix this random crashing now?

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Chan's Brother Wang... View Post
    I have the exact same problem, but the daylight savings time fix doesn't work for me.
    Test to delete the two descr_geography_new-files in teh data-folder and restart the game

Quote Originally Posted by hameem123 View Post
    but....but....in my country we don't use daylight saving,how can i fix this random crashing now?
    Your computer may still have settings to adjust to it if your country would used it, so check that out first

Otehrwise test to do what I told Jackie Chan's Brother Wang

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

I have a problem about the crashing.

i installed the mod and as soon as I run it it crashes and turns off.

I've tried everything, from unticking the "automatically adjust clock" box, i've re-installed the game multiple times,deleted the two descr_geography_new-files in the data-folder and can't think of anything else.

Can anyone help me?

Hello there and welcome to TWC Forums!

Lets take this to your thread which you opened....
    Last edited by ElvenKind; July 20, 2013 at 07:18 AM.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Hello, I have just played 3rd age 3.2... love it! But the next day when i try to load the campaign it crashes how ever quick battles can still load (unspecified error has occurred) could use some help.. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jerfos20432 View Post
    Hello, I have just played 3rd age 3.2... love it! But the next day when i try to load the campaign it crashes how ever quick battles can still load (unspecified error has occurred) could use some help.. Thanks

1. What seems to be the problem here: You can`t play any battles, or, can`t start a campaign, or, can start a mod, but can`t start a campaign?

2. What Windows do you have? Any Windows Update recently?

3. Is your M2TW a STEAM or non steam version( Retail, DVD, Amazon etc.. ) ?
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

I use a steam version, and the problem is that i cannot load the campaign

Go here ( http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...h-pictures-!-) ) and apply first step explained for Windows 7, 8 and Vista Users: Edit Security for your main M2TW folder ( or, take ownership of your main M2TW folder with TakeOwnership.reg method).

Thanks alot

I have a similar problem and have tried all the fixes that I could find. Instead of battles crashing the game, my game just crashes whenever I try to start a campaign.

For example, deleted the two geography files, turned off daylight savings, disabled the UAC, removed virtual store, ran the exe as an admin.
    I have a retail version and am on Win 7. Also I have the latest versions of TATW and MOS.

Is there any particular fix that I have missed that might fix the problem?

Since you also have MOS submod installed, did you run Cleaner.bat file ? Run it as an Administrator.

Thanks!
    I've run cleaner.bat and also am running it as an admin but the game still crashes.

Also, I get an error message when I start up the game that says C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Temp\PROPSYS.dll is not designed for windows or it contains an error. I couldn't put that in my last post since the forum seems to think its a URL

I have similar problem, every single siege-battle i go into, crashes on the loading-screen, giving me this error: "Medieval 2 Total War has crashed because of an unspecified error".
    Ive tried changing the daylight-settings, and every fix ive seen on those threads you usually link. Im using Windows Vista. I tried deleting those files from /data, but didn´t help. Also im using non-steam version.

I run Divide&Conquer submod, and have tried the cleaner.bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuggoz View Post
    I have similar problem, every single siege-battle i go into, crashes on the loading-screen, giving me this error: "Medieval 2 Total War has crashed because of an unspecified error".
    Ive tried changing the daylight-settings, and every fix ive seen on those threads you usually link. Im using Windows Vista. I tried deleting those files from /data, but didn´t help. Also im using non-steam version.

I run Divide&Conquer submod, and have tried the cleaner.bat.
    Search the VirtualStore for M2TW folder, and delete it if you find it there. If that doesn't work, you will have to reinstall TATW 3.2 +DAC.
    Quote Originally Posted by noglin View Post
    Thanks!
    I've run cleaner.bat and also am running it as an admin but the game still crashes.

Also, I get an error message when I start up the game that says C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Temp\PROPSYS.dll is not designed for windows or it contains an error. I couldn't put that in my last post since the forum seems to think its a URL
    This error message means you have or had some seriuos problem with your system, or, the error is a result of:

An incomplete installation, an
    incomplete uninstall, improper
    deletion of applications or hardware.
    It can also be caused if your
    computer is recovered from a virus or
    adware/spyware attack or by an
    improper shutdown of the computer.

Try fixes 1 - 9 from here and see will it fix the error message:
    http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findby...sing-error.htm

I would suggest steps either 1, 2, 3 , 7 , 8.
    Last edited by ElvenKind; March 10, 2014 at 12:10 PM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast