Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Third Age Total War Crashes...any Suggestions?

JackSnow's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: Third Age Total War Crashes...any Suggestions?

Hi, I seem to be having the same problem as many people but everything I've tried doesn't seem to work fr example;
    I've re installed the mod several times and followed all the steps to the letter.
    I've unticked the daylight saving option from the desktop clock and that hasn't helped the situation.
    and I've also deleted any descr_geography files and allowed full access to the program through the security settings.
    however I'm still getting very random crashes all of the time like when ending my turn. any help would be greatly appreciated

Well if you have adressed everything it would be kind of a mystery?!

From the above list there might be virtual store probs left?

Give those people here more infos:

What windows are you running?
    Steam or not?
    Your engine - i its rather old? Ram? Graphics?

Sometimes its also simple things ... last time you defraged your hd if ever?

Does anyone have any idea why the game crashes when trying to play custom battles with Sauron, Balrog, or Ents? My game works perfectly otherwise that i know of. I have tried turning off daylight savings, UAC, and taken out files mentioned previously. I can play with their factions but when i put in one of those three units the unspecified error message pops up and kicks me out of the game when i start the battle. Does anyone have any ideas?? I am currently using version 3.0.

Hello, I just solved this and i feel I need to share my finding. Just go to the cfg file in the third age mods folder and set rebuild_geography_db = false. Don't delete any descr_geography_new file, this will do it.

I have this problem too, however it seems that when I play with the dunedain faction, battles work fine but when it comes to playing with the grey havens faction, I get an error message before the loading screen for a battle even finishes. Ive tried all the suggestion in this thread, any others?
    cheers

im playing divide and conquer on a non steam account on windows 7.

Hello,

Im quite new on this forum. I love the third age mod, but it keeps crashing when a big battle is about to start.

i did everything you guys told me to do.
    -reinstalled medieval total war + third age
    - did the uac thing
    -removed map.rmw
    -removed the 2 geo files
    -changed my daylight timer

but i keeps crashing.. its very frustrating.

my pc is only a half year and has good specs.

hopefully u guys can help me

i did all that too, and i can't even play not battle, not campaing, the gamr crashes, i did all that, as i said, so, what do i do!?
    this mod used to work fnie to me!
    the only thing i dind't get it's the daylight, because i can't in my computer!

Quote Originally Posted by Flam View Post
    i did all that too, and i can't even play not battle, not campaing, the gamr crashes, i did all that, as i said, so, what do i do!?
    this mod used to work fnie to me!
    the only thing i dind't get it's the daylight, because i can't in my computer!
    Steam or non Steam M2TW? What Windows do you have? Have you checked your VirtualStore for M2TW folder?
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Hello guys, anyone can help me? my game crashes every time I take edoras or isengard. It happens when the faction leader is in this cities and I kill them to take it, I don't know if it is because of the faction leader been there or because I take the cities. It keeps crashing every time I win the battle. Any one knows the solution for this please!!??

Quote Originally Posted by ares2809 View Post
    Hello guys, anyone can help me? my game crashes every time I take edoras or isengard. It happens when the faction leader is in this cities and I kill them to take it, I don't know if it is because of the faction leader been there or because I take the cities. It keeps crashing every time I win the battle. Any one knows the solution for this please!!??
    What version are you playing? Is this some submod for TATW?

Is that city the last settlement of the faction?
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

I have been having a similar problem to the one described above. The game runs with out problems until I try and occupy a few settlements after winning battles, the settlements I have found so far are, Rhosgobel the last of Mordor, Erelond the last of Harad and Byrig one of several Isengard settlements remaining. I am using version 3.2 of the mod. All other features of the mod work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Commander72 View Post
    I have been having a similar problem to the one described above. The game runs with out problems until I try and occupy a few settlements after winning battles, the settlements I have found so far are, Rhosgobel the last of Mordor, Erelond the last of Harad and Byrig one of several Isengard settlements remaining. I am using version 3.2 of the mod. All other features of the mod work fine.
    Those are the last settlements of these factions? If they are, then there should be a script which kicks in and gives these factions extra armies to defend themselves from being overrun by the player. It may be that your processor could not process the script cause it lacks resources ( slow Intel CPU or you are using AMD CPU, which the game engine hates ).

You may try one of these solutions here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...oken-savegames

I would suggest steps: 0, 1, 2, 3, 5, 7. Also, disable any program running in background while gaming ( programs which you do not need).

I have tries all the steps above. But when I try to run the programs as an administrator is says it can not find kingdoms.exe. Also to disable auto saving in the campaign do I set "# autosave" in the TATW file to false.
    But so far none of it seems to be working to prevent the crashes after occupying the settlements. Also I have an intel i7 processor, so it is unlikely that the problem is that my processor is too slow.

Put it just under:

[game]
    advisor_verbosity = 0

So that you have:

[game]
    unlimited_men_on_battlefield = 1
    no_campaign_battle_time_limit = 0
    unit_size = small
    advisor_verbosity = 0
    auto_save = 0
    ;event_cutscenes = 0

Also, if you get that message "can not find kingdoms.exe", then do not run the game as an Administrator. Upload your savegame file prior to crash so we could try and test it. Make your savegame file as an .rar or .zip file, and upload it somewhere.

Mod is working just fine on campaign map. It keeps crashing half way through a battle whenever I start using dwarven axe throwers. It's almost as if as soon as these guys start throwing axes the program crashes. Usual error message that I've seen posted.

I've disabled daylight savings , and removed the two geography files. After doing this the same thing happened.

My computer is an HP Envy 15/ Intel HD Graphics 4600/ RAM 8 GB/ 64 bit op sys/ INtel Core 240 GHz

Any advice is much appreciated as this is a simply beautiful game.

I'm about to try uninstalling and re-installing.

Oh yeah operating Windows 8.1 and M2TW is on steam.

Okay, just ran the program and I held the Axethrowers back and the battle ran clean without crashing when I just engaged standard infantry. I suspect there is an issue with the francisca file.

Quote Originally Posted by Chainrule View Post
    Okay, just ran the program and I held the Axethrowers back and the battle ran clean without crashing when I just engaged standard infantry. I suspect there is an issue with the francisca file.
    This is happening in vanilla TATW 3.2 without submods installed?

If it is so, then make a NEW FOLDER on your desktop, install only TATW 3.2 patch into this NEW FOLDER.

Open this NEW FOLDER, and inside there should be two folders: data and mods.

Open data folder, inside there should be models_missile folder. Copy and Paste this models_missile folder into your : Medieval II Total War/ data folder.

Try the battle again.

It worked!!! Much gratitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Chainrule View Post
    It worked!!! Much gratitude.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast