Thread: Thessalian faction/ Ptolemaic Egypt

Mainad's Avatar Laetus

Default Thessalian faction/ Ptolemaic Egypt

Hi guys,
    I was looking through previous posts and found the great faction signatures done by Lupus. I chose to use the Thessalian signature b/c I was born in Larisa. However I couldn't find the Thessalian faction preview. Has it yet to be made? If not I'm definetely looking forward to when it is done, it'll be so cool.

Anyway, all the work you guys have done so far is amazing. So much thought and research has gone into this project. All the factions look fantastic and it's going to be the best game ever when it's ready

I was wondering if the game starts about 500 B.C, when does it go up to? It would be cool to have a Ptolemaic Egyptian faction. What do other people think of this idea? Alexandria was a major Greek city and it would be great to include it in the game. And it would be awesome to have the beautiful Cleopatra, last ruler of the Greek Ptolemaic dynasty in gameplay!

Default Re: Thessalian faction/ Ptolemaic Egypt

lol, I think the Ptolemaics are totally out of the timeframe! As far as I know even Alexander will not appear in Hegemonia, and Cleopatra lives at the time of Caesar, in the first century B.C..
    So I think you must play RTR, or some other mods, focusing on the Diadochoi-Era.
    Currently playing: Lands to Conquer 2.1 with burreks & whitewolfes reskins on VH/VH

Mainad's Avatar Laetus

Actually, my story is kind of embarrassing. Before joining this forum, I had never played any strategy/warfare games. I stumbled across Hegemonia whilst doing a google search on the city of Opous. I'm a lover of history esp ancient Greek history and am quite obssessed with the Iliad and in particular Achilleus & Patroklos. Hence the search on Opous, it's where Patroklos was originally from. But I'm digressing.

I found the awesome maps of Greece by Hegemonia and investigated further and ended up joining the group before I even realised it was about a game.

I found the discussions interesting and last week ended up buying a copy of Rome: Total War, gold edition, which includes the Barbarian Invasion expansion pack. I've only just started playing and I'm having a lot of fun. Although it sucks that you can't be the Greeks. Which is why I'm looking forward to this mod. I was told by a friend who's had RTW for many years now that the Seleucid faction becomes available later in game play. Which is why I thought it would be cool to have the Ptolemies. But if it's out of the time frame, fair enough.

So there you have it. My embarrassing confession, that I'm a total newbie.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainad
    Actually, my story is kind of embarrassing. Before joining this forum, I had never played any strategy/warfare games. I stumbled across Hegemonia whilst doing a google search on the city of Opous. I'm a lover of history esp ancient Greek history and am quite obssessed with the Iliad and in particular Achilleus & Patroklos. Hence the search on Opous, it's where Patroklos was originally from. But I'm digressing.

I found the awesome maps of Greece by Hegemonia and investigated further and ended up joining the group before I even realised it was about a game.

I found the discussions interesting and last week ended up buying a copy of Rome: Total War, gold edition, which includes the Barbarian Invasion expansion pack. I've only just started playing and I'm having a lot of fun. Although it sucks that you can't be the Greeks. Which is why I'm looking forward to this mod. I was told by a friend who's had RTW for many years now that the Seleucid faction becomes available later in game play. Which is why I thought it would be cool to have the Ptolemies. But if it's out of the time frame, fair enough.

So there you have it. My embarrassing confession, that I'm a total newbie.

What do you mean you can't play the Greeks?

If we're talking RTW, the Greeks are a playable faction (if we're talking BI, of course there is no 'greek' faction in that time frame :wink: )

Maybe you've forgotten to unlock all factions and are stuck with the 'only-romans-first-time-round' "feature" of the game... if that's the case, simply open the "preferences.txt" file and change:

FIRST_TIME_PLAY:TRUE to read
    FIRST_TIME_PLAY:FALSE

then you can play all factions...

Also for a more 'greek' game experience try out the XGM mod or the Europa Barbarorum mod (my personal fave until hegemonia is finished)... they're in these forums

cheers

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

XGM is better for novice players, EB can't be played with RTW gold anyways...
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Zenith Darksea's Avatar Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

Well, not yet.

spirit_of_rob's Avatar The force is my ally

Yep definatly no Ptolemaic Egypt as we are not even going as far as alexander the great let alone the roman period.

Thessaly hasnt been previewed yet no so you havent missed it.

If you want the Ptolmies i think xgm is best as EB doesnt work with Gold yet.

Anyhow questions answered so ill close this.
    Former Skinner/Modeller for EB Former Skinner/Modeller for Hegemonia

Patrician Opifex under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I and patron of the Opifex Tone