Thread: loud sounds

Default loud sounds

i am not sure its directly related to darthmod but that is the mod i have been using since i got napoleon so i have no clue.
    when you scroll into the battle like when you're very close to the units while in melee the units make horrible loud screaming sounds which i cant really bare how can i turn it down a little bit anyone knows? all the other sounds are ing perfect

Default Re: loud sounds

I've got the same problem :/ playing with darthmod latest edition. really annoying

I posted with the same issue not long ago, but there wasn't any mention of a solution. It's sad because I agree - the rest of the sounds in the game are absolutely perfect, but the screaming is so loud I honestly expect my ears to bleed. Unfortunately I think you're just going to have to do what I did and stop zooming in too close on your fights. It sucks, but your ears will thank you for it in the end.

I don't know if you chaps are still visiting this forum, but I had this problem and appear to have discovered the solution. It's a bit more obvious than I was expecting, but what I did was go into the sound options, make sure sound variation is set to Large, tick the box that enables caching, increase the cache to maximum (300MB) and make sure you have 256 sound channels. Then, and I think this is the most important bit, make sure you have the right speaker setting selected. In my case I'm using headphones to I made sure to set it to Stereo Headphones. I am no longer having my eardrums raped when zooming into melee. It was horrible before, but now it's all nice and reasonable again. Hope this helps.

Same problem,great mod but this is annoying.