Thread: Save Memory problem

Default Save Memory problem

Hey im having this issue and as far as ive read the forum many people have the same problem and no one has seems to have an answer to the problem , every time i try to load a game it crashes , ive tried everything ive seen on forums , turn off autosaves and erase all saved file ( didnt worked ) rebooted (didnt worked ) nothing seems to work i even lowered all video & sound options but didnt worked too , so if anyone out there managed to fix this problem please let me know.

p.s High elfs saved games seem to work perfectly along with vampire counts.

Jubal_Barca's Avatar Master Engineer

Default Re: Save Memory problem

There seem to be some odd instabilities, I'm afraid; I'm working on fixing them with varied success at the moment.
    Sine remo flumine adverso - Latin, 'up the creek without a paddle'.
    Mod leader of Warhammer Total War, Narnia Total War, and A Game of Colleges: Total War

Under the patronage of Aden of Woodstock, The Black Prince.

I had more or less the same problems.
    Had a perfect save for High Elves and a Tomb Kings. Ill try to make a Vampire one for testing. If it works perfectly it might be my old theory I posted a while ago that it really is faction bound in some way.

Ill return later after I have played some Vamps

thx for answering mate

Well my Vampire save worked perfectly as well.

That makes it 3 factions that work 100%
    I have also noticed that the Ogre faction saves works 50-50 (It might be a bit better)

I hope that you guys can figure out the problem. Id love to help you if it wasn't for the fact that I might be the worst coder from this generation

TheCelticMarauder's Avatar Foederatus

I'm having the same problem, and with me, it will only happen after I play through a battle. I was able to save and reload at least ten times in a row before battling, but after one battle, I was unable to load. I have tested this with several different factions with the same results, so I'm thinking that it might be something to do with the battles themselves. Of course, I could be wrong since I have no coding experience at all, but I hope this helps at least a little bit.

Jubal_Barca's Avatar Master Engineer

Was it a battle where you were attacking or where the AI was attacking you, and were any AI characters killed in the battle?
    Sine remo flumine adverso - Latin, 'up the creek without a paddle'.
    Mod leader of Warhammer Total War, Narnia Total War, and A Game of Colleges: Total War

Under the patronage of Aden of Woodstock, The Black Prince.

TheCelticMarauder's Avatar Foederatus

I was attacking one of those random rebel armies that spawn periodically. There weren't any named AI characters.