Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Falcom Total War III :Suggestions & bug fixing

Default Re: Falcom Total War III :Suggestions & bug fixing

Quote Originally Posted by Ulakanakulot View Post
    Hello FalcomTWIII team,

I'm happy to see your great progress and thank you for sharing it with the community.

I would like to ask: would you add the CBUR Byzantine units to your mod, please? I'd love to conquer the world with them...
    Sadly there is no place to add them, but maybe it would be possible to replace the existing ones.

I dont have time for that, but you are encouraged to create a submod for byzantium . It wouldnt be too hard to do and there are tutorials and a supportive mod workshop forum.

Quote Originally Posted by renzojr View Post
    did you have your problem solve? I am having the same problem...
    Please reads installation instructions. After unziping the mod you need either to change your nonunicode program settings or install nonprc patch.

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

I was just thinking of doing a byzantium submod actually. I was thinking of having them share a lot of the other european late units to fill out the roster a bit.Also, have you considered having some units such as serbian knights and italian militias being avaliable in an area of recruitment arrangement?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

A few minor graphical bugs to report. The shields on the back of the Varangian Guards are all weird and so are the ones belonging to the Byzantine Town Guard spears. It looks like there's a bunch of textures meant for other shields painted on there.
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"

Ok that's weird because basically Byzantium is unmoded :S.

I will check that when I have some time.

By the way if you guys want to make a byzantium I think that would be a good idea
    If you get serious we can ask admins to create a dedicated submod I guess.

I'm thinking either implement CBUR or use some other mod's assets with permissions.
    As a side project I'm thinking of putting all the other byzantine kingdoms units in at the expense of some mercenaries, the units I want to add being byzantine gunners, pronoia infantry, archonpoulatoi and almanoi
    Should I try a reinstall? Might that fix the shields? As I said it's a very minor bug, not game breaking in any way but just something I thought you might wanna know

Is your medieval 2 tw installation modified ?

I haven't tested but at the same time Byzantium is pretty much untouched, I just added greek firethrower.
    Last edited by falcom4ever; March 20, 2015 at 04:23 AM.

Not that I can recall, although I just tried to run the vanilla game and it crashed. I'll try a reinstall when I can.
    Either way I'm still having a blast with this mod, I've reconquered all the old Roman territories and now the mongols are pressing in, with various northern barbarians exerting pressure on the empire's borders, it's like migration era version 2.0 haha
    Only other complaint is some factions have started fielding armies comprised of a general, a few town militia and upwards of a dozen siege weapons. Just thought I should let you know in case you can and want to change the enemy army compositions.

Hmm... If vanilla crashes maybe the original m2tw files have been modified for some other modification.
    Sorry I didn't had time to test since I am spending almost all my free time in the new mod before going on holiday
    But I am pretty sure that Antonis The Greek in this forum would play with Byzantium and he never mentionned texture problems though.

This mod needs money script, since I will do one for 1518, I will just need to copypaste it once it's ready.
    It would help AI to compose better armies.
    There is also a way to give priorities to units.
    I hope to implement these knew changes in the next update which will happen once 1518 alpha is ready.
    In my version I also improved sigificantly Japanese accent.

Yeah I'll play it safe and reinstall :-)And that sounds good, I'm looking forward to it

Hummm I tested and there was a problem with byzantium bucklers indeed.

Yeah a reinstall didn't fix it
    Oh well its not a game breaker. I think it only affects varangians and town guards

I can't seem to be able to extract the files. When I try (using winrar) I get a message saying 'the file is either in unrecognised format or damaged'. Does anyone know what that could be?

Treaper's Avatar Miles

Does extracting work with other unzippers (7-zip) or still not working?

I've tried with 7-zip and I get an ERROR: cannot open output file message for every file in the archive when I try to extract it.

7hillip's Avatar Libertus

hello falcom4ever, quick question, how do i enable all the movies to play again? I have added all the fmv files but the mod will not play the logo.bik intro, the game_intro.bik the intro for the campaign or the faction intros? i would love to know how to enable them if possible, thx again, great awesome game!

Quote Originally Posted by 7hillip View Post
    hello falcom4ever, quick question, how do i enable all the movies to play again? I have added all the fmv files but the mod will not play the logo.bik intro, the game_intro.bik the intro for the campaign or the faction intros? i would love to know how to enable them if possible, thx again, great awesome game!
    Try to delete this file. I think that I screwed it up.
    falcomtw\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\descr_faction_movies.xml

7hillip's Avatar Libertus

Great! it worked, thx falcom4ever, but how about the logo and game intros? if possible, thx

I love this mod so much... anyway, incan, aztec, mayan and apachean cant upgrade armor ... ive tried editing it by my self but with no luck ... not even with the blacksmith building. Also they dont have merchants. I hope that ''westernization'' for the americas let them upgrade armor to level 4 at least ... and weapons too

so i was excommunicated for attacking england once (despite several other european nations going to war and not having any pope problems) and being excommunicated makes everyone mad. So i destroyed the papal states and killed the last army w/ the pope in it so he couldn't spawn. next turn the game crashes everytime. So basically you can't kill the pope?

Treaper's Avatar Miles

Papal states are undestroyable by default I think. There is no cardinal alive to be elected as Pope?