Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Falcom Total War III :Suggestions & bug fixing

Default Re: Falcom Total War III :Suggestions & bug fixing

@falcom4ver - still there pal? - great mod with great potential - would be sad if it is dead...

Quote Originally Posted by Kangarus View Post
    @Falcum4ever: This mod is awesome. It does need some work and polishing up, but it is excellent already and shows great promise.

BTW, when I install the mod, the text of the advisers is in French, and I am using an English-language version (in Australia, BTW) which as I understand is the same version that is sold in France, how do I make sure the advice text is in English?
    If you go there C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\falcomtw3\data\text

Then you can delete

export_advice and tooltips files. it will use yours instead (in english)

Quote Originally Posted by steelwarrior7 View Post
    @falcom4ver - still there pal? - great mod with great potential - would be sad if it is dead...
    Dead is not the word, but not under developpement. I already reached the limits of the game with maximum of countries, regions and units... I would need help to fix the bug of ctd, but none seems to know whats going on.

Domesticus

Finally getting to play this, really awesome stuff!

Only things I'd like to see changed...more polish for the menus and unit cards. Thats the main thing. And maybe borders on the minimap, its a little discombobulating

In a future edition though, I think factions might should be changed. The Ryukyu are kinda weird, their kingdom didnt start until the 1500s to my knowledge. Maybe replace them with the Koreans?

Also, forgot if I posted in this thread, but unless you NEED the Papal States to have the pope function, maybe replace the Papal States with the Kingdom of Sicily or Venice? Or an ahistorical Italy faction. Thats not super important though

Or maybe just make the start date of the mod a little later so that the Ryukyu are more accurate. Buuut, im just saying stuff, it doesnt bother me too bad

CrazyShadowDami's Avatar Civis

PLEASE, OH MY GOD PLEASE, CROATIAAAAAAA!!!!

and some other balkan states. Bulgaria and Serbia would be good

Domesticus

^I dont think you could do that in this mod Too small on the world scale, and the mod is peaked out. Notice I say replace some factions

If could have more factions, I could see Bulgaria(they had an empire, right?), Norway, Sweden, some other American tribes(Cherokee and such...the Apacheans werent on the east coast!), so forth. Croatia still too small on the world scale though

But could always have Croatian mercenaries and units. In fact, could make it so that Croatia on the map has the unique ability to produce Croatian units(dur). Thats almost as good as a faction

If it was possible I would add more factions ^^, but we already reached the limit :S.

It was not easy to choose between all countries that existed from the 1st crusade to the discovery of americas. I choosed the ones that I tought would be better for the game play.

I was hesisting long time between Korea and Ryukyu. I deceided to go with Ryukyu for a simple reason. With China, Jurchens, Mongols and Japan as neighbors Korea would be always destroyed in a couple of turns... Ryukyu has a solid defensive position beeing on an island, I think it is interessting to play.

As for Balkans, it would make Byzantium Empire life too difficult having non rebels neighbors. They already have to deal with the Turks that are the most powerfull Empire in the beggining of the game.

Domesticus

Ah, good ideas I was kinda thinking that too..island and all

I was confused as hell about them at first, didnt understand WHO they were, thought it was Taiwan XD

I love this mod for including so many not well known factions. But the balance is pretty bad. It uses M2TW 1.3 balance I think. Dismounted Gothic Knights cost 910, 14/14 stats, while Zhan ma Dao chinese two handed swordsmen have 15/16 very good stamina, and AP, and they only cost 520. Falcom4ever, would you consider either tweaking each of the factions' units or going to Real Combat? I really love this mod due to its scale, but balance is a pretty big issue for it right now, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by ben-Yohanan View Post
    I love this mod for including so many not well known factions. But the balance is pretty bad. It uses M2TW 1.3 balance I think. Dismounted Gothic Knights cost 910, 14/14 stats, while Zhan ma Dao chinese two handed swordsmen have 15/16 very good stamina, and AP, and they only cost 520. Falcom4ever, would you consider either tweaking each of the factions' units or going to Real Combat? I really love this mod due to its scale, but balance is a pretty big issue for it right now, imo.
    Also, I do not know the faction limit, but it would have been better imo to exchange Zimbabwe, for Nubia or Ethiopia, since Zimbabwe is WAY south and their units are mostly swift light inf. Might be more interesting to have Nubia since it was more involved with world affairs, such as attacking and defending against Egypt.

Domesticus

Yeah, Nubia or Ethiopia would be pretty neat. Zimbabwe is kinda needed for balance or something though, if they werent there, Africa would be like 99% rebel territories

Also, I'd think of changing the Apache to the Iroquis or something along those lines. I dont know about Apacheans very much, but the Woodland Natives were more powerful, and organized as states(the Iroquis Confederacy started in the 1400s IIRC)

That might be the only changes I can see for a future release, besides bug fixes of course

yuezhi's Avatar Senator

but no one has ever modelled anything for nations north of the plains. so apache are more convenient.
    all hail the flying spaghetti monster!

Domesticus

You poopin me? O_O Well, theres a couple mods in developement that will have the Cherokee and Iroquis, maybe once they are done Falcom can ask for permission to use them.

They'd be perfect for a TW mod since they were pretty unified, homogenous, and aggressive. Iroquis would send Warbands all the way down from the Northeast to North Carolina to mess with the Cherokee

Don't forget my post about balance. this mod has poor balance at the moment.

Domesticus

I havent played any of the European factions since they are all basic and old(main thing I wanted to do was get some Asian action!), so I dont know. But if it needs it, it needs it too

yuezhi's Avatar Senator

i know Kingdoms and Empires is planning Iroquois and more but they don't have any modellers
    all hail the flying spaghetti monster!

this mod really needs a balanced edu. unit stats and costs often make no sense.

Domesticus

Whats this mod's history? Im surprised its not been taken any further. You cant have super fancy unit lists with a whole world mod, but its pretty dang unique

Needs more love

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal Sa'd of Jerusalem View Post

^This. Great concept, but the unit balance is TERRIBLE. I'll second the suggestion of going to Real Combat. If I had the time I'd work on a few factions myself...

unit balancing in the whole world is pretty difficult. I mean you don't know how a zhan ma daoer would fight against a knight because they never met. I think it is good as it is right now. (beside the bugs).
    One of the three, a name split in two, one part is not here, the other is my account name.
    I am the beginning and end of all beings, of all life
    My breath is pure and live giving, Yin and yang were mine.
    The jade emperor was my apprentice, Now i am retired, leaving the rule of the world in his hands.

Who am i?

-Tianzong-

i start with japan but it is unplayable
    lot of unit cards are wrong
    just fix all unit cards
    everything else is great