Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD - In Development] 301 AL [SPOILERS ALL BOOKS]

Trot's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: [SUBMOD - In Development] 301 AL [SPOILERS ALL BOOKS]

As this mod sees dead i was planning on picking it up my plan for the north was it to be divided in to 3 factions Stark loyalists Boltons and Stannis it would start at the end of Dance not the beginning also the vale would be divided between the lords declarant and balish's faction

Prophet1331's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Trot1217 View Post
    As this mod sees dead i was planning on picking it up my plan for the north was it to be divided in to 3 factions Stark loyalists Boltons and Stannis it would start at the end of Dance not the beginning also the vale would be divided between the lords declarant and balish's faction
    Wouldn't the North be too crowded with 3 factions? Perhaps if you manage somehow to add more settlements.

Good luck with the submod, if there's anything I can do to help let me know about it.

@Son of Mars

Why not split the Lannisters back into Lannister and Joffrey? That way they aren't overpowered and you don't get Kevan king of the Iron Throne or some Lannister-Frey sitting on the throne.

Aegon has Mistwood if I'm not mistaken so I think you can add pretty much the whole peninsula to him as he took more castles in the area.

Also there's a need for the Shield Islands to become a separate settlement as there seems to be allot of action planned for them.
    Last edited by Prophet1331; August 07, 2012 at 06:18 AM.
    Some battles are won with swords and spears, others with quills and ravens. Tywin Lannister

I messed with descr_strat, fixed family trees, added asha and lady stoneheart, gave stannis new unit of clansmen, put some armies and settlements where they belong now but my attempts to add new settlements all ended in failure, as did attempts to script sieges. I guess we could just do simple and rudimentary stuff and let some real modder like toho or anyone who's willing to do it make stuff we noobs can't .
    I think we could turn Renly into Aegon's faction and Tully in Frey. Baron's alliance should be used for Bolton/Stark and Stannis should get one fort in north together with Dragonstone, Driftmark and Storm's End which should all be under sieges(i used the Enhanced map). Greyjoys have Deepwood Motte, Torrhen's Square and Moat Cailin, with Stannis in the woods NE of Deepwood, Roose in the Neck and Ramsay between Barrowtown and Moat Cailin. Aegon should be on ships east of Stormlands, or if this is impossible, have few armies on Stormland shores(near Griffin's Roost and on Tarth).

Quote Originally Posted by Prophet1331 View Post
    Wouldn't the North be too crowded with 3 factions? Perhaps if you manage somehow to add more settlements.

Good luck with the submod, if there's anything I can do to help let me know about it.

@Son of Mars

Why not split the Lannisters back into Lannister and Joffrey? That way they aren't overpowered and you don't get Kevan king of the Iron Throne or some Lannister-Frey sitting on the throne.

Aegon has Mistwood if I'm not mistaken so I think you can add pretty much the whole peninsula to him as he took more castles in the area.

Also there's a need for the Shield Islands to become a separate settlement as there seems to be allot of action planned for them.
    forgot about the Golden Company stuff and the Lannister split, here are two maps I made to rectify this.
    Edit: added Greyjoy shield Islands, and gave Aegon the Blackfyre colors since his origin is still quite dubious.
    Last edited by Son of Mars; August 07, 2012 at 10:12 AM.

Those maps look really good. So there's no need for adding any new factions since Bolton will replace Stark, Frey will replace Tully and Aegon will replace Renly. I have some leftover Frey and Targaryen faction skins plus the Bolton skins form the King of Rivers and Hills if you want them.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Dux is away now but perhaps you could ask him about adding regions as he seems to have mastered it in the other submod
    Some battles are won with swords and spears, others with quills and ravens. Tywin Lannister

Those maps look really good. So there's no need for adding any new factions since Bolton will replace Stark, Frey will replace Tully and Aegon will replace Renly. I have some leftover Frey and Targaryen faction skins plus the Bolton skins form the King of Rivers and Hills if you want them.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Dux is away now but perhaps you could ask him about adding regions as he seems to have mastered it in the other submod
    Those look very good. Just one thing, the Targaryen troops should probably renamed to something like "Company Spears" and Company Knights" to show that Aegon isn't quite Westerosi yet. Then to represent him gaining allegiances, an AOR system would suffice.

Edit: also I just edited the map from an earlier post in this thread, thanks for the praise but I did not make the map.

agreed

hey Prophet, how exactly did you get your hands on the frey sigils? you know the official 1.0 one made by Edric Storm?

All the sigils are stuff I found with google. I didn't now I was using forbidden material or anything.

I'll look for another Frey sigil then. Sorry for any intrusion or anything.

not at all, its ok. I was just wondering. I though our master files were somehow out there without us knowing. we have had a bunch of people join us and suddenly leave, we were afraid they were just joining just to look/take the stuff we made. *shrug*

Who is the leader of the Lannisters? I know Cersei but male heir would be Lancel wouldn't it?

The sigil is on the second page when you google house frey (images). I'll change the sigil to whatever design this submod's leader wants seeing as he is in charge. Assuming he'll want the skins.

I think Kevan should be the leader of House Lannister. Either him or Daven Lannister (Stafford's son) as he is warden of the west. I think an ancillary "Regent" would be enough rather than moving Kevan to the Tommen Faction.

I forgot about the Lords Declarant. Will they be a separate faction or a group of low loyalty generals in the Vale with the ancillary "Member of the Lords Declarant" ?

Also the Faith will have to be featured somehow.
    Last edited by Prophet1331; August 07, 2012 at 02:51 PM.

Trot's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I'm not sure if their is an official team is seams like a group of people making stuff and suggesting it not a team i' pming dux about the settlement thing as that would be helpful

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

well, kevan wouldnt be around.....

lancel has joined the faith, so devan is the obvious choice. you could make cersei a princess and even give her the title Lord of Casterly rock, though thats not big deal.

really like the map, seems all factions got a fair chance. now, i can finally make littlefinger win this game....

Shouldn't Moat Cailin belong to the Ironborn ?

nope, roose has retaken it.

There should be no Targaryen sigils on any of Aegon's units, except for Aegon himself and possibly his Kingsguard (which currently consists solely of Duck). To be more in line with the books, Aegon's units would have to look more like the hedge knights we saw in the sellsword previews (i.e., guys wearing and wielding "company steel" and not sporting any recognizable house sigils on their surcoats or shields). I also think a Golden Company standard-bearer unit, with small numbers but excellent stats, would be a nice touch too. Think about how cool it would be to follow the golden skulls of past commanders into battle...

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Mars View Post
    Edit: also I just edited the map from an earlier post in this thread, thanks for the praise but I did not make the map.
    I thought that map looked familiar...

Its great that somebody is working on this submod, I think it has huge potential to become lore accurate!
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

Quote Originally Posted by Scream Bloody Metal View Post
    There should be no Targaryen sigils on any of Aegon's units, except for Aegon himself and possibly his Kingsguard (which currently consists solely of Duck). To be more in line with the books, Aegon's units would have to look more like the hedge knights we saw in the sellsword previews (i.e., guys wearing and wielding "company steel" and not sporting any recognizable house sigils on their surcoats or shields). I also think a Golden Company standard-bearer unit, with small numbers but excellent stats, would be a nice touch too. Think about how cool it would be to follow the golden skulls of past commanders into battle...
    Not having sigils would be in line with the books but I'm pretty sure that it would be unrealistic if a player gets the Iron Throne and half of Westeros with Aegon's faction and after all this his men are still dressed as sellswords and have nor royal sigils. Also the people who are supposed to "flock" to Aegon's banner would take up the Targaryen sigil rather than whatever is at hand or badges for the Golden Company.

The best way would be to combine and have some regular Targaryen units which would be recruitable anywhere and some special Golden Company units with good stats that are recruitable only in important settlements (King's Landing, Storm's End, Casterly Rock) and are expensive to train.

Would this submod be ready as a beta or is it just concept for when W:TW 1.0 will be released?

just make units aor. in the crownlands, units will have the targ sigil instead of joffs when recruited by aegon.