Thread: Proposal: Weaponry bonuses

Default Proposal: Weaponry bonuses

Just noticed you can buy a weapon for +6. I disagree with this. +4 should be the max.

Valyrian Steel and Dawn should have a substantial advantage over any regular sword. Including upgraded ones. Its a small benefit for houses who own a special weapon.

I recommend lowering the maximum +duel sword to +4 tops. There is no way a regular bastard sword compares to a Valyrian Steel one or Dawn. Either increase the damage of VS and Dawn or lower the max sword from Bull's Wares.

There's a reason VS is a covetted sword. Its far better than iron. VS should have more than +1 or +2 over a regular iron sword. Otherwise it eliminates the purpose of such weapons. Their meant to be more sought after, not the same. Or even near the same.

Edit: From Wiki
    :
    Valyrian steel is a magical alloy invented in Valyria and used to make weapons of unparalleled quality. It is the spells and magic that make the steel special. Valyrian steel blades are lighter, stronger, and sharper than even the best castle-forged steel, and feature distinctive rippled patterns similar to Damascus steel. Most Valyrian steel blades in Westeros are treasured heirlooms of noble houses, each with its own name and storied history. It is likely that most of the Valyrian steel swords were brought to westros by the Targaryens, after the Doom of Valyria.
    Sum of Proposal: Decrease maximum weapon upgrade to +4. Keep maximum weapon power at 7 for VS, and 8 for Dawn. I understand the loss of power some people without VS or Dawn will feel with this, but it's for the better. Balancing measures. There is no reason an Iron bastard sword should have +6 and a Valyrian Steel sword which is lighter(faster), stronger, and sharper than it is only +1 up on it. That's absolutely silly it can even come close to comparison.

Regular Weapons: +4
    Valyrian Steel: +7
    Dawn: +8 (The Sword of the Morning is the only title that requires the wielder to be skilled in order wield it)

Pericles of Athens's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: Proposal: Weaponry bonuses

I would say that is not fair at all. The sword helps you but it does not make you the best fighter.

Valyrian Steel: +5
    Dawn: +6
    Last edited by Pericles of Athens; May 27, 2012 at 07:43 PM.

jakev2's Avatar Primicerius

There is no evidence that Dawn is any better than a VS blade - it's reputation may well be down to the skill of the people who use it and the fact that it is so unique

I disagree with this idea because of the fact that a master swordsman (+5 or so duels) using only a standard sword (no bonus) would easily get beaten by someone with dawn or a VS blade, who has never picked up a sword before in his life. The bonuses for weapons should be capped at +4.
    House Tully, Lords Paramount of the Trident in A Game of Thrones RPG

Quote Originally Posted by Pericles of Athens View Post
    I would say that is not fair at all. The sword helps you but it does not make you the best fighter.

Valyrian Steel: +5 (maybe 6)
    Dawn: +6 (maybe 7)
    It's the fact the sword is better than iron.

It should not be near Iron, that's ludicrous. where does Iron get its +4? What aspects is that based on in its creation? for VS and Dawn, it's understandable, because they are specially made weapons, with specially designed materials unlike any that can be obtainable now.

Iron should not be near, unless there is a good explanation to back it up, besides "it would be unfair". The whole point of obtaining weapons like VS and Dawn are for their benefits. Dawn requires it's wielder to be very skilled. VS is hereditary in most cases, and Iron is no different than a typical soldier uses. No Iron sword could compare to a VS or Dawn. The difference must be greater. Naturally.

Bjorn's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by jakev2 View Post
    There is no evidence that Dawn is any better than a VS blade - it's reputation may well be down to the skill of the people who use it and the fact that it is so unique

I disagree with this idea because of the fact that a master swordsman (+5 or so duels) using only a standard sword (no bonus) would easily get beaten by someone with dawn or a VS blade, who has never picked up a sword before in his life. The bonuses for weapons should be capped at +4.
    I doubt most people would have standard weapons But I'll let the community debate on this one, Im staying neatral.

Bonez's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Weapons (swords, knives, maces, etc)
    +0 - free - may be used with a shield
    +2 - 30,000 Dragons - may be used with a shield
    +3 - 60,000 Dragons - may be used with a shield
    +4 - 120,000 Dragons - Depends on RP purposes, most likely will be 2 handed, bastard at least.
    Check your facts before you shout. And yes VS will be +6, and on Scipio's insistence +7 for Dawn.

Edit: If I offended you PM me how, why. Or PM another mod. I just can only take so much of something before I get fed up and want to do something like this, personally I held back more than I should of.
    Last edited by Bonez; May 27, 2012 at 07:48 PM.