Thread: Questions for the Trom 3 team

Default Questions for the Trom 3 team

I have recently played S2 with Trom 3(normally a DMS fan but branching out to other overhauls to see the difference) and enjoy it a lot.. While I still enjoy DMS for the battles, TROM 3 excels in the campaign side of the game. There is the progression like system for the units, with the advanced ones being more limited and usually having extra requirements besides tech/building. I also enjoy the different building chain choices(like farms/ports/market) so while your economy starts out highly dependent on trade, you can become more self reliable in the late game(even the economy has this "progression" like system). Lets not even go into the amazing tech tree work.

There doesn't seem to be any real modding for FotS like S2 so I was just wondering...

How far will the TROM 3 team work on the FotS side of the game?

Will it be similar to Shogun 2 or just have the basic features installed/balanced(kinda like RotS)?

I enjoy FotS when I'm in my gunpowder/more modern army type mood. However, the game feels very bare and simple in my opinion.

Default Re: Questions for the Trom 3 team

Glad you enjoy the mod. Currently I am not doing any modding, so no plans for a greater FotS mod. I am waiting for the sound bug to get fixed. After that, I will see if I get into it again.

Default Re: Questions for the Trom 3 team

Quote Originally Posted by Akumu View Post
    I have recently played S2 with Trom 3(normally a DMS fan but branching out to other overhauls to see the difference) and enjoy it a lot.. While I still enjoy DMS for the battles, TROM 3 excels in the campaign side of the game. There is the progression like system for the units, with the advanced ones being more limited and usually having extra requirements besides tech/building. I also enjoy the different building chain choices(like farms/ports/market) so while your economy starts out highly dependent on trade, you can become more self reliable in the late game(even the economy has this "progression" like system). Lets not even go into the amazing tech tree work.

There doesn't seem to be any real modding for FotS like S2 so I was just wondering...

How far will the TROM 3 team work on the FotS side of the game?

Will it be similar to Shogun 2 or just have the basic features installed/balanced(kinda like RotS)?

I enjoy FotS when I'm in my gunpowder/more modern army type mood. However, the game feels very bare and simple in my opinion.

I am very much of the same opinion when it comes to mod preference. I would much prefer the campaign complexity and depth over battle features if I had to choose between the two. Don't get me wrong I enjoy the enhanced battles that some mods excel at enhancing, but to me if I want enhanced BAI I play multiplayer.

I hope to see continued development from the TROM team, there aren't any other mods like it, and seeing it taken to FotS would be something to look forward to.