Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Long way from home.

Narf's Avatar Reach for the Stars.
    Content Staff Citizen

Default A Long way from home.

Willette Redwyne walked onto the Harbour, she had been sailing from Harbour to Harbour a week now, Officially here for Mercantile and business. She had asked and bribed her way to the Location of the Captain-Comander of the Golden Company, and finally she had found him, Harry Strickland and now a meeting was arranged. She was accompanied by ten Knights of the Golden Harbour. the best men of the Arbor And forty was back at the five boats..

Last edited by Narf; May 26, 2012 at 03:56 PM.

Adamat's Avatar Invertebrate

Default Re: A Long way from home.

The Golden Company guards are with ten men, scattered around the walls of the compound. At the gate, a guard inquires about their visit. "State who you are, and your business with the Golden Company." His hand was resting on the hilt of his blade.
    #JusticeForCookie #JusticeForCal #JusticeForAkar #JusticeForAthelchan

Content Staff Citizen

Lady Redwyne smiled lightly, and nods as to show that she will cooperate easily.
    "But of-course good Sirrah, I am here to put gold in your pockets, And my family name is one well-Known in the Free Cities, I am Lady Willette Redwyne. A a token of good will I have with me some Arbor Gold, plus some actualy Gold."

She turned to one of her knights that he should put dowjn the barrel with wine.. And then place his golden helmet on it.

"There, so I believe that should earn me a audience with your most honourable Captain Commander."

She spoke with a soft, yet authoritative voice... She removed some pleats from her dress of blue silk.

The guard decided it was good enough, waved his hand and the gate opened. "We're watching you. Don't do anything stupid and leave your arms with me." Then, an apprentice skulks past the gate, collecting the barrel.

Content Staff Citizen

She turned around herself elegantly in her blue silk dress and giggled slightly. To show that there was no weapons on her and one would be able to see it if it was under it due to the thin delicate fabric.
    "I have no weapons, Sirrah. That would be awfully rude to arrive armed to a friendly meeting. But as to my brave knights, If they can't come with me, with their weapons, then it is better they stay here."

Barry Goldwater's Avatar Mr. Conservative

"Very well then, your knights will indeed have to stay behind. If you'll come with him?" The guard points to a senior member of the Golden Company, a heavily scarred man with an eyepatch and a graying beard, doubtless the bearer of the Company's infamous standard; in one hand he holds a staff carrying all the gold-covered skulls of the Company's past commanders, the founder Bittersteel's included. "He'll take you to Commander Strickland." The grim man nods, and it becomes readily apparent to Willette why he hasn't said a word - his tongue has been cut out.

OOC: If neither of you mind, I can take over modding duty here as well.

Content Staff Citizen

"Thank you very much good Sirrah"
    She smiled a last time to the guard and walked towards the standard-bearer She looked at the standard, it was a intimidating sight.. She had heard of it... Read about it... Now she could claim to have seen it... She smiled to the big man in front of her..
    "Thank you for being so good as to show me to your Commander, good... Ser. I'll call you Ser if you don't mind."
    This was more to make it easier for him and herself as h could not tell her his name and she didn't have to ask someone about it, plus he was likely to actually be a Ser of the Golden Company.. She screened her eyes as she looked up in the sky also to get a better look at the standard.. Yes.. The things she had heard was true.. She looked down on the man again and smiled. She was ready to be lead further into the compound. She was happy for the perfume she had bought some days earlier, this place was.... Very manly. It was good.. Such a edge was never to be underestimated.
    Last edited by Narf; May 26, 2012 at 05:39 PM.

Barry Goldwater's Avatar Mr. Conservative

The standard-bearer said nothing (the lack of a tongue can cause such problems), but does lead Willette through the compound. Dozens of Golden Company soldiers, from youthful squires with clean-shaven faces to scarred veterans to filthy engineers and laborers, wolf-whistle or blatantly stare at her as she passes them, but the dark looks the standard-bearer kept shooting them always got them moving. Finally he knocks against a great oaken door, which was quickly opened to reveal a circular room in which the Company's general staff was waiting.

'Homeless' Harry Strickland, an aged man with beady eyes who struck a decidedly unimpressive posture, sat slouching in a great chair at the head of a table, surrounded by his senior officers and most trusted guardsmen. To his left sat a great bearded man with garish blue hair, who had raised his eyebrows at Willette's entry. The lady could also spot a handsome young guard's lilac eyes staring at her from under his hood as he and the other soldiers bowed, though he averted his gaze and began whistling absentmindedly as soon as she made eye contact with him.

Strickland spoke up, in a rather high-pitched voice not becoming of a mercenary captain at all. "Lady Willette Redwyne, is it? How can we help you t'day, m'lady?"

Content Staff Citizen

Willette smiled charmfully. She looked around the room, after she had gazed the table round, the young man included she looked at the Captain-General, She nodded..
    "Indeed, I am Lady Willette Redwyne of the Arbor, and you must be Commander of the Golden Company, Ser Harry Strickland. A Pleasure to finally meet you.. I've travelled quite far to achieve just that."
    She felt slightly uncomfortable standing with so many eyes fixed on her. She gathered her hands gracefully in-front of herself and fixed her gaze on the Captain whom she had business with. She took a single gold coin from its hiding in her cleavage and place it on the table. This was much more meant as a token for her speech rather than actual value.
    "
    In the Arbor we speak a language, one I've heard you are fluent in here."
    She knew she already had their attention but avoided their answer, they knew she was most likely here to put gold in their pockets and she knew they knew it. So this was all simply a courtesy.

Strickland grabs the gold piece, and speaks. "Well then, tell me more about this." he waved the others away.

Content Staff Citizen

When the people had left she boldly took one of the now vacant chairs and moved it closer to her host, sat down and gazed charmingly.--
    "
    I'd like to put a lot of gold into your pockets. But first I'd Like to build trust by doing something rather uncommon for this company. I'd like to do a Bargain. Blood for Glory."
    She smiled and moved some hair behind her ear.

"Ah, please, i don't understand..." He was looking at his guest more than paying attention to what she says, gazing at her body.

Content Staff Citizen

She smiled once more and moved closer. Slowly.
    "
    How about we set the mood first?.. I was hoping to itch your interests.. You see, if you had inherited some knowledge as to where the Sword Blackfyre is.. Maybe, I with my ships and.. Money... Could help you retrieve it.. That would be glory for you and your company and you'd be able to take a much higher price from your customers in future...So that would be helping you a lot... That is how I intend to make you trust me.. I'll help you retrieve your Ancestors Sword.."
    She leaned back slightly..

"Well, what can i get right now then? I'd like some payment up front...."

Content Staff Citizen

Lady Redwyne raised her eyebrow slightly ans smirked.
    "Good Man, It is I who are helping you. You, should be asking what I want in return, I am giving you ships and help to find you forefathers sword. Now you must convince me that it is worth it. Surely you've heard of the Redwynes, We are not as Rich as we are because We made bad deals in the past, and I en't Starting now."

"Well, i figured you would not tell me this if it wasn't a trap or something. I am not stupid and you did not soeak of terms. So i thought you had some plot against me! But if you want something in return, what would you want?"

Content Staff Citizen

She smiled, now the reality sunk in, that she was here with a purpose. - She cared not for his sword but he did, And she was a Noble so she cared about Land, He did not.
    "
    Well, I would be willing to bring enough ships to carry you, and all your men wherever you need to go to find your... old... sword. Before we go find it though.. I just want you to make a.... stop at the Summer Islands with some of my men to... Well they have something on their land that I'd go a long way to get my hands on.. Beside the Island that is.. I'll keep that as-well. So As you can see, I am here because I am willing to go a long way... Just as you are ready to go a long way to get your Valaryen Sword."
    She smiled devilish..

"Now after that we will be trusting each-other somewhat... And That is where I'll full your pockets with gold but, let us wait with fleshing out that contract till we see that day. Of-course you'll once again have to work for it.. But I promise.. Not work you are unfamiliar with.."
    She grinned..

"So as I said.. Blood, for Glory, Your sword, Glory to you and your company. Bought with Blood, My Summer Islands."

"Attacking the Summer Islands? Is that it? You underestimate the Golden Company. It shall be done, but for my sword, i need to go to the Step Stones. Are your sailors going there?"
    Last edited by Adamat; May 27, 2012 at 02:25 PM.

Content Staff Citizen

She smiled playfully.
    "
    They are going there when I can call the Summer Islands Redwyne possession.. And after you have your sword.. I'd like to Invite you to the Arbor for a Feast to celebrate our.. Victories."

"Fine. I expect your ships here in a fortnight. 1500 Conpany men shall be ready and waiting."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast