Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Black Knight's Tutorial on castle making

Default Re: SamWarrior's Tutorial on castle making

nice thanks mate - and adreno ah thats what i was afraid of.. you cant do that with castle walls.. the mesh for the building gets super glitched which causes crashes
    ~My Rome 2 Mods~
    No Moral, Land and Naval
    ---------------------------
    ~My Shogun 2 Mods~
    1 Turn Buildings all campaigns
    ---------------------------
    No unit moral, Land and Naval

Şeyhülislam's Avatar Libertus

Can you refresh images ? Pictures deleted.

I'll try reuploading today.

Hi, I'm sorry for bothering you, but I have some problems with the gates.
    I put the zone around them, but they still don't want to open, only thing that I can do, is to garison units around it.

Can you please help me with some advice?

Thank you

Do you have your deployment zone around it? As I have said before, you can also post your map here.

Also, this is a hobby, so i don't think of it as a bother. As long as you don't bombard me with maps, it's ok to post the map for me to look at.

Also welcome to the forums. Hope you can stay around here and meet the community and get involved. Its alway great to see a new face.

Thank you.
    Deployment zones were already made (I'm re-making Kyoto, to look more like Nijo castle).
    If I may, I would like to ask you for a favor, if you could maybe make those gates (in the middle region-the one which ''goes underground'') passable.
    p.s The castle isn't finished yet, I have a lot to do with eye candy (trees, statues, buildings,...), so the castle will look more like Nijo castle.

Thank you very much

soveliss99's Avatar Civis

Hey can you please help my trouble shoot my problem with my castle? I just copied my thread from totalwar.com and i will post it below:

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Citadel in the Peaks:

My 4v4, 5 wall leveled siege map is crashing in the loading screen. please can anyone help my trouble shoot my map ! i put a ton of work designing the town inside the castle and surrounding woodland, from handplacing trees individually to make the scenery appear more natural, to creating a market with carts with stuff on them and supply depots... I tried playing it against my friend yesterday and it crashed right when it started loading, we tried again and it crashed after i shot 1 volley of arrows at guys on the walls. I will post some pics in a second

All the map info was correct as well

"shogun 2 has stopped working etc etc..."

***So i dont have to post all the 7 other screens click the link and view the 7 ss's above the one i linked!
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7...79/?tab=public

PS: i have two versions of this map, one with deployment zones, go zones and the white lined zones, and capture points which is my testing map. and the other is just the map itself (the one i took pictures of) with capture points ONLY, since trying to work around and edit the zones is tricky as hell...

HELP PLEASE THIS MAP IS GOING TO BE EPIC IF I CAN GET IT working!

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Maybe i can post it so you can download it? i dont know how to do that like you guys are doing in this thread though.
    Last edited by soveliss99; July 11, 2012 at 02:21 PM.

Ok. What in goin to tell you to the poster above; you may have accidentally added too many deployment zones as some times it copies itself.

Just delete and redo the deployment to see if that will work.

Quote Originally Posted by SamWarrior View Post
    Ok. What in goin to tell you to the poster above; you may have accidentally added too many deployment zones as some times it copies itself.

Just delete and redo the deployment to see if that will work.
    Thank you very much for the reply. I just tried the map against the AI, it loaded in custom battle ok, forgot to do AI polygon things so the ai just stood there in deployment zone for attackers. But i had this very peculiar lag. My FPS was 30-40 in the upper left display but... low and behold shogun 2 was playing like i was at 1-2 frames per second, hell even less! The map test when it crashed when i did the volley of arrows (as stated above) there was no lag.

I will go try what you said about the deployment area... i will also add ai polygon things so the ai can maybe assault me and maybe the map just loaded wierd or something hopefully that dumb lag wont happen again.

lets pray this fixes my map.

EDIT: i redid the deployment zones and added ai pathfinding boxes and bombardment zones around the walls (not sure if i did it correctly)

did two tests:

1) did custom battle, enemies dont move in their deployment zone, SEVERE lag (even though fps is 30-40 ish)
    2) reloaded shogun, hosted a battle ONLINE vs computer. It crashed.

it appears if i am only able to actually load the map in custom battle now but it doesnt do me any good.

Any ideas? want me to post my map so you can tinker with it(not sure how to : |)

i really hope these problems can get sorted out

EDIT: I think it might be because i hand placed the walls before i knew about the grid and stuff.. i made them with free form and aligned them by kind of clipping them inside one another and made the walls rounded... i am going to try and maintain the same shape but use the grid. i hope i can do this and keep the same look as my castle has!

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7...080692299379/?

look how i got that nice rounded shape... i think what i did is what is crashing my map. i will try to fix it. I did this without the grids by the way.

Man.. this grid doesnt let me have the walls the way i did in the picture. can you help me please?
    Last edited by soveliss99; July 12, 2012 at 10:15 PM.

Thank you.
    If you will have some time, may I ask you, if you can check/repair the zones (currently only one gates are doing problem).
    ...Deployment zones were already made (I'm re-making Kyoto, to look more like Nijo castle).
    If I may, I would like to ask you for a favor, if you could maybe make those gates (in the middle region-the one which ''goes underground'') passable.

p.s The castle isn't finished yet, I have a lot to do with eye candy (trees, statues, buildings,...), so the castle will look more like Nijo castle.

Thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by soveliss99 View Post
    EDIT: I think it might be because i hand placed the walls before i knew about the grid and stuff.. i made them with free form and aligned them by kind of clipping them inside one another and made the walls rounded... i am going to try and maintain the same shape but use the grid. i hope i can do this and keep the same look as my castle has!

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7...080692299379/?

look how i got that nice rounded shape... i think what i did is what is crashing my map. i will try to fix it. I did this without the grids by the way.

Man.. this grid doesnt let me have the walls the way i did in the picture. can you help me please?
    If you want to angle it, there is box that shows the different angles you could place your walls. Just copy and past that smae angle to other walls if you want that same angle and go from there.

If you want I could post a pic if you cant find it.

As for the Nijo castle, the reason that one gate can't be used, it because the bridge is not functioning probabaly. Either get rid of it, or ad some zones to see if that will help.

Thanx, I've done what you have thold me, and now it works ....

Frodo45127's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Anyone knows how to fix the diagonal walls? I made the walls in Ted and the diagonal walls have some zones that you can see rock. But I use the map ingame and the ground is upper the diagonal walls. Some captures:
    In TEd:
    http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/...AF43B1669F854/
    http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/...DBA23CF17DBAF/

Ingame:
    http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/56...0BFF8EB7EEB60/
    http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/...507D83575AF20/
    Last edited by Frodo45127; July 16, 2012 at 01:55 PM.

Now that's an interesting problem. If you could post your map, I could check it out.

Frodo45127's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Here is my map.

PD: How I make the bridges working?
    Last edited by Frodo45127; July 16, 2012 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo45127 View Post
    Here is my map.

PD: How I make the bridges working?

Thankyou.

The bridges should work if you don't have anything in it's way.

i am going to take another look and see if i can make the castle walls using the grid. Hopefully i can do it with the grid almost exactly the way i did it by hand.

quick question, do you think my hand placed walls clipping inside eachother with the zones around them and stuff caused my lag and almost instant crashes? at first i thought it was all the handplaced items i had but then i re read this thread and realized that the crashes may be due to my glitch walls (i hope). whatchya think?

meh i cant get the walls the same height and move them to fit eachother... the heights just change to like 10.**** when ever i try to move the walls with the grid on.
    Last edited by soveliss99; July 16, 2012 at 08:32 PM.

Default Re: The Black Knight's Tutorial on castle making

Pehaps. Ted tends to be unstable when several things overlapped so maybe. If you decide to redo the walls tell how it goes.

raffychan's Avatar Libertus

thanks for teaching,but can anyone please tell what software we need to build a castle??
    please^^

You need to have the TED tool. You'll find it in your steam tools.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast