"Good Day Sunshine" – 2:09
    "And Your Bird Can Sing" – 2:01
    "For No One" – 2:01
    "Doctor Robert" – 2:15
    "I Want to Tell You" – 2:29
    "Got to Get You Into My Life" – 2:30
    "Tomorrow Never Knows" – 2:57

http://www.stevesbeatles.com/cds/revolver.asp

Revolver, released in 1966 by the Beatles, is considered one of the most influential albums in rock and roll history. It is known for its wide variety of songs, and more importantly, the beginning of the "psychadelic" era of Beatles song writing, and music in general. Though the real breakthough began with the album "Rubber Soul", Revolver was the follow through which pushed the Beatles away from poppy love songs such as "Please Please Me", or "Hard Day's Night". It was around this time that the Beatles began to expirement with acid, and many of the songs found in subsequent albums were thought up on acid trips. Anyway.........

My personal favourites of this album are (in no particular order), "Taxman", "Eleanor Rigby", "I'm only Sleeping", and "For No One". I also like "Tomorrow Never Knows" (which, according to our own PyrrhusIV, is the only song written by the Beatles that is impossible to repeat.....whether that is true or not, I'm not sure). Eleanor Rigby is arguably my favourite, because of the use of the string instruments throughout the song, the lyrics, and the message in general.

It was also during this period that George Harrison came into prominence as a songwriter, with his works "Taxman", "Love you too", and "I want to tell you". His skill would only increase as time progressed.

This is my favourite album, followed by the famous "Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band", and the "White Album". Revolver was truly a turning point in The Beatles career. An interesting fact is that Ozzy Osbourne declared Revolver to be his favourite British album of all time in interviews.

My score out of 5
    4.999999999/5

Tell me if I missed anything, and comments/questions are welcome! Next album up, is the White Album! Maybe in a few days
    Last edited by therussian; October 05, 2006 at 04:56 PM.

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

.Socrates's Avatar I Love You

Default Re: The Beatles- Revolver

I actually really like "Tomorrow Never Knows", it's a great song to listen to whenever I am sleeping.
    I agree with the 4/5, though. i didn't like ALL the songs on the album. I liked Sgt. Pepper's more.
    Originally under the patronage of RZZZA. Under the patronage of the Black Prince, in the Royal House of the Black Prince.

^updated 6/28/10 (Stevie Wonder - Songs in the Key of Life)

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

Maybe it's because I haven't had much exposure to Tomorrow Never Knows (haven't listened to it much). Sgt Pepper's was a great album, and had a very good line up of songs, but I like Revolver more because it was a bit more serious (well, kind of).

But I have agree. Sgt Peppers is awesome. 4/5 for that too (someone should write a review for it)

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

.Socrates's Avatar I Love You

I normally don't like serious albums. The Beatles were an exception, same witha few other bands. Sgt. Pepper's was just more of a "fun-in-the-sun" album.
    Originally under the patronage of RZZZA. Under the patronage of the Black Prince, in the Royal House of the Black Prince.

^updated 6/28/10 (Stevie Wonder - Songs in the Key of Life)

Niles Crane's Avatar Dux Limitis

I can't believe you don't have any love for She Said She Said and For No One.

In my opinion it deserves a 4.5/5. Yellow Submarine doesn't really belong on it.

ckerr094's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

I don't understand why anybody likes the Beatles - boring - boring - boring - that's what they are

Niles Crane's Avatar Dux Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by ckerr094
    I don't understand why anybody likes the Beatles - boring - boring - boring - that's what they are
    Presumably you've only listened to Love Me Do. Get in touch with me and I'll introduce you to their songs after 1966. I didn't like them that much until I discovered their better period.

Bruticus the Steadfast's Avatar Civitate

"Eleanor Rigby", my favorite Beatles Song by far I believe.
    Under the patronage of the Black Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Octavian
    Presumably you've only listened to Love Me Do. Get in touch with me and I'll introduce you to their songs after 1966. I didn't like them that much until I discovered their better period.
    I just find all there stuff boring - most people I know like em but it's a big from me!

Stalins Ghost's Avatar Citizen

I may give Revolver a try. I've only ever delved into the early Beatles stuff before. Which arnt to my tastes. Listened to Tomorrow Never Knows so far. That's more my thing...Psychadelic music is ace.
    morecuriousthanbold.com

I just find all there stuff boring - most people I know like em but it's a big from me!
    Aren't you the one who listens to Christina Aguilera?

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

Bruticus the Steadfast's Avatar Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Justinian
    Haha, Well then, may I?

Justinian 1
    ckerr094 -2
    Under the patronage of the Black Prince

Final Frontier's Avatar Just roaming around

Ironically for me, the first album that I got introduced to was With The Beatles, which is an ace album that I should review sometime. The second was Abbey Road, and those paved the way for everything else. Yeah, I was introduced to the classic stuff by my father, and I think that there are plenty of excellent songs between 1963-65, especially on Beatles For Sale (It makes me think of Bob Dylan for some reason) and Help!. Oh, and George Harrison had a couple of ace songs in that period, such as I'm Happy Just To Dance With You and I Need You.

Happiness is a warm gun... | "Only a life lived for others is worthwhile." -Albert Einstein
    Bang bang, shoot shoot...19| Under the patronage of therussian
    | "I couldn't resist."

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

I can't believe you don't have any love for She Said She Said and For No One.

In my opinion it deserves a 4.5/5. Yellow Submarine doesn't really belong on it.
    I never said I didn't, but naming all of my favourite songs on the album would defeat the purpose :wink: I like a lot of the songs on there. She Said She Said is a great song, along with And Your Bird Can Sing........along with etc etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Justinian
    Yeah and proud too. Her music's original and well written, her moves are stunning - her body's superb - her voice is excellent and you feel alive when you listen to her. I suppose I'm gonna get an ear-bashing for this but I'll say it anyway - The Beatles are yesterday - Christina's today - get with the times Justinian - besides if I had have been listening to music back then before Xtina and others came along - the Beatles would still have been boring, boring, boring

Yeah and proud too. Her music's original and well written, her moves are stunning - her body's superb - her voice is excellent and you feel alive when you listen to her. I suppose I'm gonna get an ear-bashing for this but I'll say it anyway - The Beatles are yesterday - Christina's today - get with the times Justinian - besides if I had have been listening to music back then before Xtina and others came along - the Beatles would still have been boring, boring, boring

You think that Christina Aguilera is better than the Beatles? The Beatles are widely recognised as one of the Greatest Bands ever, go search it on Google. The best hope you have of finding her on that list is by looking at her fan club.....

Point and Laugh comes to mind....

I find a hard time believing that Christina Aguilera is "now" when most people talk of the Beatles with respect and awe and of Aguilera with horror and pity.

Im not a big fan of the Beatles, but even I have to give them a thumbs up for "Taxman"-

Oh no! What am I saying!

*Goes off to listen to A Night at the Opera to cleanse my filthied soul*

Well I like Xtina anyway "no matter what they say" as she once said. Okay there have been better singers than Christina but few - but the Beatles - come on - Michael Jackson's a real singer, and what about KC and the Sunshine Band - the Bee Gees, etc - etc - etc. I think The Beatles are over-rated - I honestly do.

You consider Micheal Jackson to be a "real singer"?

Yeah he's excellent - Billie Jean = 10/10, Thriller's a classic, Black and White's a good song - and even in his early days he was awesome - much much better than the boring Beatles.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast