6: [Untitled] (0:44)
    7: Some Might Say (5:28)
    8: Cast No Shadow (4:51)
    9: She's Electric (3:40)
    10: Morning Glory (5:03)
    11: [Untitled] (0:39)
    12: Champagne Supernova (7:27)

Review:

In the mid-'90s two very different genres ruled the musical roost: grunge, created by bands like Green River and popularised by Nirvana and their smash hit Nevermind, and Britpop, tracing its roots back to British Invasion bands like The Beatles and The Kinks and, more recently, The Stone Roses. Britpop was spearheaded by two bands: Blur and Oasis, both of which had released massively popular albums in 1994: Parklife and Definitely Maybe, respectively (the latter of which was the fastest-selling debut album in UK history).

(What's the Story) Morning Glory was Oasis's massively successful follow up to Definitely Maybe, which inspired the British press to coin the term Britpop and influenced British music for years until the Britpop movement collapsed. From start to finish, Morning Glory is the definitive '90s album, taking the simple pop rock of their predecessors and turning it into complicated modern rock. It is the second-highest bestselling album in the United Kingdom, topped only by The Beatles' Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. Every track on the album, with the exception of the two untitled tracks which are simply instrumentals, is excellent, though they are overshadowed by the best songs, Wonderwall, Don't Look Back in Anger, Morning Glory and Champagne Supernova. The album was and still is a fresh revisit to the Brit Invasion style of the 1960s whilst carving out its own musical niche. Overall, I give it a 5/5 for being a truly iconic and great album.

Any fan of the Beatles or any of the other great British Invasion bands owes it to themselves to check out Oasis and (What's the Story).

(Incidentally, "morning glory" is slang for a morning erection :wink: )
    Last edited by Justinian; June 23, 2006 at 12:29 PM.

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

.Socrates's Avatar I Love You

Default Re: Oasis: (What's the Story) Morning Glory review

Good idea. Since I'm going to sell my MTG cards this weekend, I'll have more than enough for this album. I have listened to Champagne Supernova and loved the song. I added to my Ipod, of course. So thanks for the review. Very helpful.
    Originally under the patronage of RZZZA. Under the patronage of the Black Prince, in the Royal House of the Black Prince.

^updated 6/28/10 (Stevie Wonder - Songs in the Key of Life)