Thread: Battlefield Smoke Mod v 1.2 for Darthmod v 4.1 and above (reupload 29.05.12)

Ordinarius

Icon6 Battlefield Smoke Mod v 1.2 for Darthmod v 4.1 and above (reupload 29.05.12)

Battlefield Smoke Mod version 1.2
    for Darthmod version 4.1++ and above

(29.05.12 - No new version, but a small update to fix a bug with too big oar-watersplashes
    and fixed color for sea foam in front of ships)

Hi!

My Battlefield Smoke Mod improves the most and important special effects in Shogun 2: TW, Rise Of The Samurai and Fall Of The Samurai. Nearly all explosion-, fire- and smoke-effects are changed or improved for a more immersive and athmospheric gameplay. Enjoy!

To give you an imagination what awaits you on the field of glory, you can watch my trailers and preview-videos below.

Have fun!

TRAILER!
    BSM for FOTS

Video:
    Trailer: Shogun 2: Total War

Changelog

version 1.0

- Musket smoke is more white and last longer
    - Adds more and long lasting smoke for land- and navalcannon
    - Blood effects for musket and cannon hits
    - Cannonball trails
    - White rocket trails
    - Better arrow flame and smoke trails
    - Enhanced firebomb explosion with more fire on the ground
    - New, white smoke clouds for rocket explosions
    - New explosion effects for grenades
    - New explosion effects for parrot and armstrong shells
    - complete overworked special effects for naval battles

Version 1.1:

- better musket smoke and little less smoke for rifles
    - better long lasting smoke for shell explosions
    - bugfix for cannonsmoke

Version 1.2:

- Rocket-trails are now longer and the fire smaller to be more realistic.
    (Thanks to Satyrus for this tip! It may take a little bit more performance)
    - Rocket-explosions are now smaller to look more realistic
    - Firearrows are more visible now
    - Explosions of parrot and armstrong cannons are different now. Parrot explosions are smaller than armstrongs.
    - The ground firespread of Shogun 2 catapults is greater now and the smoke has been improved.

Preview Videos (may be outdated)

Gatling Gun

Cannon Smoke

Cannon Shell Explosion

Smoke Effects for Naval Cannons

Explosion Effects for Naval Battle Support

Torpedo Explosions

Ship Explosions

To play with Darthmod just download BSM for Darthmod and extract the files from the 7zip archive to the data folder of shogun 2. Darthmod must be installed first! That's it.
    Thanks goes to DARTH VADER for his support and the permission to adapt his mod-files to work with my BSM.

Please read the readme.txt for installation instructions!

At this Point, i have to say a BIG, BIG THANK YOU VERY MUCH to Satyrus, who kindly gave me the bloodpack dlc to enhance the blood effects in future releases and Valky, who donated me the Fall of the Samurai addon!!! We all have to thank you for such a friendlyness and helpfulness!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Important!!!

The mod won't work correctly, if you have other mods installed, wich modifies one of the following files:

landbattle.xml
    projectile_tables
    particle_effects_tables
    projectile_impacts_tables
    projectiles_explosions_tables
    Textures in the Effects\Textures folder.

If you want to use my mod as part of your mods, please ask for permission, thanks!
    Last edited by DARTH VADER; July 13, 2012 at 03:08 AM. Reason: Reuploaded v 1.2 because of a bug with sea foam and aor watersplashes ---DARTH changed the title

Default Re: Battlefield Smoke Mod v 1.1 for Darthmod v 4.1++

Thanks a lot Mech for making this. Many players of DarthMod will enjoy your quality work now and in the future I will add it to DarthMod.

angus young's Avatar Ordinarius
    Villefranche de rouergue France in the south

YES !!!! This is one of the visual one than i was waiting too !!!! Download it, and i m gonna try it !!! OMG, what screens i m gonna do with that !!!!

+1 rep !

Ordinarius

The new version 1.2 of BSM is out!!! Enjoy the improved athmosphere!!

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH VADER View Post
    Thanks a lot Mech for making this. Many players of DarthMod will enjoy your quality work now and in the future I will add it to DarthMod.
    Thanks also to you, Darth for your support and this excellent work! Hopefully you can enjoy the game and battlefield with BSM soon.

Quote Originally Posted by angus young View Post
    YES !!!! This is one of the visual one than i was waiting too !!!! Download it, and i m gonna try it !!! OMG, what screens i m gonna do with that !!!!

+1 rep !
    Hey! Thanks for your rep!!
    If you have some nice and smokey screens, feel free to post it here in this thread.

Ordinarius

Default Re: Battlefield Smoke Mod v 1.2 for Darthmod v 4.1++ (reupload 29.05.12)

Hi!

I uploaded version 1.2 for Darthmod again because of a small bug with oar watersplash effects in Shogun 2 (Thanks to Wind for telling me). Furthermore i fixed the color appearence of sea foam in fron of ships to white. No more brownish watersplash in front of ships.
    I don't renamed it to a new version because i added no new effects. So if you are annoyed of brownish and too big watersplashes, just redownload my mod.

Have fun!

Default Re: Battlefield Smoke Mod v 1.2 for Darthmod v 4.1++ (reupload 29.05.12)

here are a couple pics i snapped yesterday while checking out this sub mod. (sorry if they aren't that great)

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-of-Aggression- An Age of Aggression- my Skyrim FF

Will this work with 4+ as well?

Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Templar Knight View Post
    here are a couple pics i snapped yesterday while checking out this sub mod. (sorry if they aren't that great)

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Yeah, Thanks for the Pics! Maybe i'll post also pics here later.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjin-San View Post
    Will this work with 4+ as well?
    I think the visual aspect would be the same. But i don't know how its affect DM as well. It might become a mixture of dm 4 & dm 4.1. DARTH VADER can tell you a lot more about. Why don't you want use DM 4.1?

Ordinarius

And here are some nice pictures directly from the battlefront. Enjoy!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shogun2 2012-05-29 22-35-40-54.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	391.6 KB 
ID:	224473 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shogun2 2012-05-29 22-38-53-43.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	256.8 KB 
ID:	224474 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shogun2 2012-05-29 22-40-17-49.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	403.6 KB 
ID:	224475Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shogun2 2012-05-29 22-44-33-74.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	408.8 KB 
ID:	224476

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shogun2 2012-05-29 22-46-03-18.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	274.3 KB 
ID:	224477 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shogun2 2012-05-29 22-47-28-71.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	337.7 KB 
ID:	224478 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shogun2 2012-05-29 22-51-56-53.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	331.1 KB 
ID:	224479

Mech, your mod is finally included in DarthMod. If there is an update, change its name to "DMS_BSM_Shogun.pack" so that the DarthMod launcher can enable/disable it.

Default Re: Battlefield Smoke Mod v 1.2 for Darthmod v 4.1 and above (reupload 29.05.12)

I totally love your background music choice for trailers Mech_Donald! Planescape: Torment credits music for S2:TW and World of Goo soundtrack unexpectedly, after a careful timing, make great battlescape background
    Now I only have to upgrade my PC to finally be able to cherish all those explosions