Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Grand Feast of the Coronation Tournament

Default The Grand Feast of the Coronation Tournament

King Maegor I Baratheon holds a grand feast for all nobility of the Seven Kingdoms, on the eve of the finale of the Jousting Tournament. The feast is in honor of the brave jousters who risked everything for the glory and honor of their Houses, as well as ofcourse... The prize purses!

The nobility and knights of the Seven Kingdoms congregate in the Great Hall of the Red Keep to celebrate the success of the first stage of the Coronation Tournament of their beloved King
    Last edited by Dance the older; May 23, 2012 at 07:02 PM.

Narf's Avatar Reach for the Stars.
    Content Staff Citizen

Default Re: The Grand Feast of the Coronation Tournament

The Redwynes was there, But Ser Goldwyne and Lord Stonecrab Was not.

Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

OOC: Its King Maegor, Scipio...Maegor
    Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed

Ser Lenford Rosby accompanies the King into the Great Hall to greet the nobility that surrounds them

Ser Jon Grandison of the Kingsguard is already at the feast securing the King's table

Citizen

King Maegor I Baratheon walked in with those of the Kingsguard and took his place at the center of the long table. The other empty seats were saved for members of his family and those of his court. Eddard Stark, the King's Hand had a special spot to the right of the King. Maegor strokes his goatee awaiting others to arrive.

Bjorn's Avatar Praefectus

The Bronze Baratheons all took their seats. Bennard and his brother Beren sat beside their liege Lord Leofrick and his family members. Right next to them were Doran, Robert's brother and Keeper of West Tower, and his older son Athell. Beside Doran was Ullen, second son of Gilard Bronze Baratheon, the responsable for taking care of the Red Tower in Bronzegate.

Bennard was a big man, with a big mouth and a big nose. Common traits of the Bronzemen. His smile was broad and showed a golden tooth. His beard was unkept and long, as was his hair. He was of high stature, but was shorter then his younger brother Beren. Beren looked much like his brother, but had less of a build and also a flatter nose. Both of them were loud and talkative, and lovers of stories and of bets of almost any kind.

Doran was a big and grizzly old man. Known to sleeping in feasts and battles alike, although they say that in his prime he was a mighty and feared warrior. Athell, his son, seemed much more interested in the bow then in the sword, known for his quietness and solemness, but also for his incapacity to understand the concept of forgiveness.

Ullen was the son of Sor Gilard of Red Tower. His father was an important and well loved landed knight in Bronzegate. Gilard lost his arm in the defence of the Mark in the battle against the Royalists. Ullen is known for being rather dark but also for his kind nature.

Adamat's Avatar Invertebrate

Harrold was at the far end of the hall, looking at all the visitors with suspicion.

Jon Arryn was seated at the council's table.
    #JusticeForCookie #JusticeForCal #JusticeForAkar #JusticeForAthelchan

Harald and his brother Lancel arrived, Turambar was on a journey to the free cities so he couldn't get here.

Harrold was at the far end of the hall, looking at all the visitors with suspicion.

Jon Arryn was seated at the council's table.

Harald went and sat at the councils table next to Jon.

jakev2's Avatar Primicerius

Ser Baelor Hightower entered the feasting room, accompanied by his young son, Keran Hightower, his wife, Rhonda Rowan, and his 12 year old half sister, Madelen. He looked about for a friendly face, and a place to sit.

His brother, Ser Graygarth Hightower, was notably absent, presumably preparing to take part in the melee.
    House Tully, Lords Paramount of the Trident in A Game of Thrones RPG

Ser Lenford paces down the hall row by row nodding and waving to curious onlookers who must now recognize the once unknown knight from Rosby. Now he is a familiar face by all those who attended the jousting tournament and witnessed his humble triumph. He greets several passerbys as they head to take their seats.

Quote Originally Posted by jakev2 View Post
    Ser Baelor Hightower entered the feasting room, accompanied by his young son, Keran Hightower, his wife, Rhonda Rowan, and his 12 year old half sister, Madelen. He looked about for a friendly face, and a place to sit.
    Ser Lenford sees one of the knights from the tournament, Ser Baelor Hightower. Lenford recognizes the mans face. He approaches the knight and his family, his white cloak trailing behind him, as he adjusts his greatsword slung at his side.

You must be Ser Baelor Hightower I presume. I saw some of your fights the last couple days. You carry yourself very well, Ser. I wish I had the honor to face as great a rider as yourself, I would have been most honored.

Ser Lenford looks to Ser Baelor's family

My Lady. He notions to Rhonda Rowan

Little Lady. He remarks to Keran Hightower with a smile

Ser Lenford crouches down to the young Hightower.

Whose this fiercesome warrior. You'll be a fine knight one day. He remarks to Ser Baelor's son.

Ser Lenford rises and faces Ser Baelor

Barry Goldwater's Avatar Mr. Conservative

The Reynes arrive and take their seats near their liege lords, the Lannisters. Turambar Lannister's absence is quietly noted by both Lords Raymun and Robb, but neither choose to ask any questions about the matter, and sit down without a fuss. Only Rylene flashes a small smile at Lenford Rosby, the man who had crowned her Queen of Love and Beauty, before sitting down with the rest of her family as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Scipio Africanus View Post
    Ser Lenford sees one of the knights from the tournament, Ser Baelor Hightower. Lenford recognizes the mans face. He approaches the knight and his family, his white cloak trailing behind him, as he adjusts his greatsword slung at his side.

You must be Ser Baelor Hightower I presume. I saw some of your fights the last couple days. You carry yourself very well, Ser. I wish I had the honor to face as great a rider as yourself, I would have been most honored.

Ser Lenford looks to Ser Baelor's family

My Lady. He notions to Rhonda Rowan

Little Lady. He remarks to Keran Hightower with a smile

Ser Lenford crouches down to the young Hightower.

Whose this fiercesome warrior. You'll be a fine knight one day. He remarks to Ser Baelor's son.

Ser Lenford rises and faces Ser Baelor
    OOC: Keran is Baelor's 15 year old son, Madelen is his 12 year old half sister.

IC: Rhonda, resplendent in a dark green gown, responds with a smile and an elegant nod. Baelor, nicknamed Baelor Brightsmile, shows just why he was given that name. He flashes a brilliant grin at Ser Lenford, perfect white teeth gleaming, eyes kind and joyous. He moves a lustrous lock of grey-streaked brown hair from in front of his eyes, and claps the knight on the back.

"Ser Lenford!" He turns back to his family briefly. "The champion himself has come to greet us, perhaps to confess to my sister that he made an awful mistake choosing another to be the Queen of Beauty!" He smiles down at Madelen, who responds wordlessly with her usual hard eyes and tight lips. Baelor turns back to Lenford, grimacing. "No matter." He puts a hand on his son's shoulder, a boy of average height for his age. He shares his father's handsome face and bright eyes, though he has an ugly hooked nose. His face is soft and slightly plump, despite the fact that he is seemingly a muscular lad. "This, Ser Lenford, is my son, Keran. Near a knight himself, and looking for one to squire for."

Keran looks up, confidence and admiration in equal parts written across his face. "And your future commander, Ser Lenford. Like my grandfather's uncle, the White Bull, Ser Gerold Hightower himself, I will be the Commander of the Kingsguard."

Baelor laughs, but not unkindly. "We shall see, Keran. You still have much training to do." He turns back to Ser Lenford. "Yes, it was a shame we did not face one another in the joust, though I think my aging bones will thank me for it. It is good to see one of the Kingsguard showing such prowess - I must admit I dispatched your brother far more quickly than I expected. The King is in good hands with you at his side."

Citizen

Maegor has the servants pour wine for the various guests as food was opened to the many people. His cup was filled with quality wine as well as those at his table...his family and councilors. His attentive eyes keep watch on the various doings and goings of people as he sips his cup lightly. Maegor stroked his goatee, thinking upon the future of Westeros...and who could be trusted. The Iron Throne was a prize to many...and something envied by others. Though his promise and benevolent attitude had impressed many and ensured their loyalty, his eyes still looked to the south to the Dorne and the Reach...where uncertainty rests. He then grabs some meat to feast upon while the others continue to speak and eat. The King puts these thoughts aside for now to let himself relax...for now.
    Last edited by Lucius Malfoy; May 24, 2012 at 12:14 PM.

Ser Lenford smiles

@Keran
    Rightly so, young Keran, your sister is of the utmost in beauty, I fathom to say I must not have seen such elegance, my apologies ofcourse. And should your father approve of your entrance to the Kingsguard, you'd make a fine one indeed. The White Bull is one of my favorite Kingsguard. He was all I hope to one day aspire to half of, if I am so lucky, Keran. Ser Lenford grins

@Baelor
    I would fear a joust between us, Ser Baelor. You are quire the lance dancer Ser Lenford shares a laugh

I hope our next tournament isn't too far off, I would hope you could teach me a few things, it would be quite the honor to learn from such a fine and renowned knight as yourself. How fares life in Old Town? I was only there once as a young boy on a trade mission with my father. It is quite an astounding city, that is for sure. I would like to visit it again one day.
    Last edited by Dance the older; May 24, 2012 at 05:33 PM.

OOC: Soory, didn't make this clear enough. Madelen is Baelor's half-sister, and Keran's aunt. Lord Leyton Hightower has been around long anough to have four wives, and children with a 28 year age gap

Keran beams at the praise Lenford gives him, his face lighting up like the beacon atop the Hightower. Baelor smiles at the knight and responds.

"There is little this knight can show you. I am not a young man anymore, and I fear I may not be in too many more tournaments. My father is strong, but aging, and I may soon have a duty to care for the Hightower and for Oldtown. Life in Oldtown is as it ever was - exciting. There is never a dull day. Visiting Oldtown is like looking a thousand years into the past and fifty years into the future, at the same time. Ships come in from all over the known world, bringing new and exotic wares, yet the structures and traditions are as old as my House, and my House is one of the oldest in Westeros. A fascinating place, without a doubt. You would be more than welcome to visit at any time, if your duties to the King permit it."

I most certainly shall one day, Keran. Your family is well respected amongst all of the Seven Kingdoms. You come from a proud and noble, and historic place, Keran. I'm sure the King's business could take him, or his family to Old Town, and I most certainly will volunteer to accompany them.

Ser Lenford smiles at Keran, and turns to Ser Baelor

Alas, Ser, I must continue with my duties, it was my pleasure to meet you and your family, I hope you continue to enjoy the festivities, and I'm sure I shall see you around, possibly in the upcoming melee Ser Lenford bows his head to the Hightowers before taking his leave

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ser Lenford continues to pace amongst the crowded room and he then sees the Reynes of Castamere present, and already seated. He approaches Lord Raymun Reyne and greets him. He stares at Rylene Reyne, his proclaimed Queen of Love and Beauty from the tournament, and he quickly returns his eyes to Lord Reyne, with a mild blush, hoping nobody noticed

Lord Reyne, I am so glad you and your family could attend the feast, how fares your time in King's Landing? I hope you feel safe, I made it my duty to ensure Commander Janos and the Gold cloaks did the best they could to round up the thieves and rabble, and clear up these busy streets before our honorable guests arrived. I hope the tournament is to your liking, My Lord. Ser Lenford secretly hopes for the approval of the mighty Lord

Harold takes up a position next to the King. "Anything you wish, Your Grace?"

Quote Originally Posted by Scipio Africanus View Post
    I most certainly shall one day, Keran. Your family is well respected amongst all of the Seven Kingdoms. You come from a proud and noble, and historic place, Keran. I'm sure the King's business could take him, or his family to Old Town, and I most certainly will volunteer to accompany them.

Ser Lenford smiles at Keran, and turns to Ser Baelor

Alas, Ser, I must continue with my duties, it was my pleasure to meet you and your family, I hope you continue to enjoy the festivities, and I'm sure I shall see you around, possibly in the upcoming melee Ser Lenford bows his head to the Hightowers before taking his leave
    "A pleasure, Ser Lenford. I fear I will only be watching the melee, but if you are taking part, I advise you to be very careful not to get in my brother's way. Graygarth is an exceptional fighter, and quite unlike any you will have seen. But more than that, he is completely ruthless. Regardless, I wish you luck, and I look forward to our next meeting."

As Ser Lenford departs, the Hightowers take their place at the feasting table, not far from their fellow Reach men, the Redwynes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast