Thread: When will the other skin packs released?

Default When will the other skin packs released?

When will the other skin packs released?
    and of course the map?
    because only the vanilla skins are :wub:
    SUPPORT YOUR COUNTRY!!!
    http://www.politicallyincorrect.de/

MEMBER of S.I.N.

Default Re: When will the other skin packs released?

yea, its like you gave us enough coccaine to get ourselves addicted, but not even to keep the habit going. i was thrilled by alot of the features when i installed this, but 5 mins of playing the super improved romans vs crappy vanilla makes me sick. tons of nice features, but at this point i have to do some quick fixing to add all your features to another mod in the attempts to play with the patch

edit: ok as requested. i tried this earlier. rtw , then add 1.3, then 1.5 then throw in RG mod, copy everything you will want access to later to over-write any mod your over installing RG.

but basically you'll want to copy several folders. go into ui/ unit_info and unit folders. basically you only need the 4 roman factions out of these. so copy these to desktop or something so you can drop into rtw folder later. then you will want to copy your export_desc_unit, export_desc_building, desc_model_battle, probably export desc_unit_enums, also youll probably want to copy your model_unit folder and just paste that (over new mod, but dont overwrite anything, if it asks just click no, this will give you best chance of not having CTD issues). you might also want to grab the export_units file in your text folder. these should be all you'll possibly need. however it would take quite along time to explain the whole process, but after you overwrite RG with whatever mod you doing( i would suggest barebones) you keep your modding simple to just fixing the skins. i noticed alot of the unit cards after overwriting with barebones were still there even though the skills got changed, which would be simple to solve if you just take the UI folders and replace them with the roman RG ones. i havent tested this yet, as its late here, but my gut says this is all youll need to do to get most of the skins working.

ah and overwriting RG works well, because with all the features they added, it would be much to hard to add these in yourself, so overwriting with barebones, from what i saw, left alot of these RG features in.

if you havent done any modding yourself ( on a minor scale) i wouldnt suggest you try, its just a headache, but if you have ever added in a skinpack or unitpack( manually) , then this shouldnt be to hard.
    Last edited by Gelgoog; June 23, 2006 at 02:36 AM.

how do u chang everything to english

Its explained in the difficult intallation thread: but here you go anyway:
    Because you don't have to delete the others languages in /data/languages but you have to copy the files in /data/languages/English in /data/text.

I think this can solve your problem.
    Try it.