Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: [Version 3.x] Other Issues

Default Re: I need a Help

Hi i got a problem with the marching Sounds in v3.6 my units dont have any marching music(i can see how thy use the drums animation) but i can hear march songs by some enemy units it happens in campaign and single battles.
    is this a bug or can only some special units march with music if yes is there a list what for Units

Trig's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner79 View Post
    Hi i got a problem with the marching Sounds in v3.6 my units dont have any marching music(i can see how thy use the drums animation) but i can hear march songs by some enemy units it happens in campaign and single battles.
    is this a bug or can only some special units march with music if yes is there a list what for Units
    In 3.6 all units have stealth turned on in order to give the battlefield more unpredictability. That means units are invisible until spotted. That means your units also behave stealthily until spotted by the enemy. That also means they walk silently (and the officer uses a sneaking animation) until spotted. Once spotted, however, they no longer have to use stealth, so the officer walks normally and the drumming is heard. Had you observed more carefully you would have noticed this.

click banner for ModDB page and all ACW versions download links

Hello there. My friends and I are trying to set up a 3v3 multiplalyer battle in the current 3.6 version of the mod. There are three of us and we want to fight 3 npc's. However, two of us only have the 1v1 and 2v2 maps as well as Grasslands 3v3 and Grasslands 4v4. We dont seem to have the additional 3v3 and 4v4 maps that our 3rd friend does, and those maps we seem to be missing are the maps we want to play on. We've gone through and checked all our files and nothing seems to be out of order. All three of us have re downloaded and reinstalled the 3.6 version of ACW and are running the same Empire Total War build (which we all also just reinstalled). We have also tried having my friend host the game and that doesnt seem to work either. If anyone has any idea why this is happening, or any thoughts on how to fix it, they would be greatly appreciated.

Trig's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: [Version 3.x] Other Issues

So play on the maps you all have. Oh and most importantly... all 6 of you have to launch the game as the same faction, so all as US or all as CS, and only then in the battle setup choose the correct sides...

click banner for ModDB page and all ACW versions download links

Turns out my friend was running 3.5 because he had incorrectly installed 3.6... We got it working for him so now none of us have the maps we want (guess they aren't available in 3.6 update? shame) but now we cant join each others games. We've triple checked to make sure our versions for everything are the same but it continuously gives us the "Host version differs from your version" problem. I know I can play multiplayer in the mod because I was with another friend last night. We are also launching all as CS then choosing sides in the game lobby.

I have a small but disappointing problem, most units excluding Generals Staff units, Regulars and German Rangers, have no textures.

If anyone has any fix it would greatly appreciated.

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by MentelPie View Post
    I have a small but disappointing problem, most units excluding Generals Staff units, Regulars and German Rangers, have no textures.

If anyone has any fix it would greatly appreciated.
    I am no expert, but to me the obvious problem would be missing/corrupt files. Easy fix. Just try reinstalling the mod. Shouldn't require too much effort.

Domesticus

Posted this in the discussion thread...

Getting a CTD at turn 22 about as the Confederacy. The Union has taken Upper Texas a few turns earlier, and im beseiging it. Crash happens during the Union turn, when sending an army towards me to lift the seige im doing

Using the 3.5 Startpost

I have a problem when launching the campaign for the first time it worked then launching it the second it wouldn't shortly after this I got a virus by another mod I installed for a different game that disabled my internet it worked fine when I had no internet after we got it fixed it didn't work I reinstalled it and it worked the first time and crashed on the loading screen afterwords I was wondering what can I do I have reinstalled this mod several times to no avail so please help

Quote Originally Posted by longstreet01234 View Post
    I have a problem when launching the campaign for the first time it worked then launching it the second it wouldn't shortly after this I got a virus by another mod I installed for a different game that disabled my internet it worked fine when I had no internet after we got it fixed it didn't work I reinstalled it and it worked the first time and crashed on the loading screen afterwords I was wondering what can I do I have reinstalled this mod several times to no avail so please help
    First, are you making sure that you're launching steam first? If don't, all subsequent attempts to launch mod will fail, if this is the case restart your computer and try again. Also, select Zone of Recruitment in submods.

I can reproduce the marching song bug mentioned by Gunner... My Union Infantry is not going in Stealth mode but i can't hear anything. Confederate Infantry works fine though.

denk87's Avatar Foederatus

same exact thing is happening to me, when i played a custom battle without ZoR on the music worked though, which is odd

I can't get past turn 25 with CSA (only in one time but I do not know how!!) Please, help! I love this MOD!!!

P.S: Great Britain always declares the war on USA. ???

when i do a siege on singleplayer battle not campaign i try to do battle of Santiago which is Veracruz and it always crashes

ok, i dont know if this will get replied back to, but here we go. I downloaded the mod, ive done a fresh install of empire into my c drive, i played the game before i installed the mod to make sure its working ok. then i installed the mod, i clicked then reclick zone of recruitment, i also did acw ready. when i launched the game everything worked fine, i chose a battle and while playing the muzzles on my units guns didnt event make a sound, you can hear them when they reload but no bang sound when they fire them. Please help

P.s. I just cleared out my empire total war game folder to do another clean install and wiped out the hidden file in my appdata\roaming\...

Installed and everything works great! But few missing features.

1. Sieges (I can't siege in single, multiplayer, or campaign)

2. No ships absolutely none.

3. No state specific units (except hoods texans, orphans, and south carolina units)

4. No sharpshooters or marines etc.

--- Are these just not available yet or am i missing a patch?

I have an issue with regular battles, not campaign..
    I'm not sure if ZoR is compatible with these, but every time I use the ZoR feature in quick battles, the troops end up disappearing or the guns are the only thing there. They won't even appear on the radar.
    Am I missing a patch, or is this not fixed yet?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567