Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: [Version 3.x] Startup Issues

Default [Version 3.x] Startup Issues

Before you post your problem please read the following:

If your game crashes on ACW loading campaign:

You have to login manually in Steam first and then start ACW (or any mod that uses a launcher). If you miss that and receive a CTD then you have to reboot before trying again.

If you want to post a start up problem:

Post your problem for technical support including ACW log report. Also tell us exactly when the CTD happens (e.g. on ACW screen loading, on ACW loading campaign, on game's menu, etc.). If you want to get an answer you have to include in your post the log report:

With 3.x version, a new future has been added that will help us support ACW better. A report log is created every time you start DMN. This log records all the launcher's actions and will help us provide a better support in problems related with start up. Now there is no need to ask you back "have you installed mod in the right location?", "do you use another mod?" etc. All needed infos would be provided by ACW log report.

So from now on: If you have problems with game's startup, please copy the report found in ...\empire total war\ACW\acw_log.txt in the post along with your question/problem. Since this report may be very long, it would be good to use the "code" tags. So select the text you copied and press the code button:

Code:

Last edited by Minas Moth; July 15, 2012 at 05:19 AM.

Default Re: [Version 3.2] Startup Issues

I started Steam in admin mode first, then started the launcher in admin mode, selected warpath and CS, then it gets to the initial load screen, then CTD. I have tried rebooting, I have also tried running vanilla empire without closing the launcher but I still get the start up crash. I also looked at the user scripts and they are blank and ran the check files from the launcher but the files it brings up belong to DMUC. I know you say in another thread that any files that show during the check do not belong in Empire but I am not removing DMUC. During 3.1 I had the same issue, but when I closed the launcher selected vanilla ready, and played a game on DMUC for a few hours, I was able to start 3.1 just fine then. The only problem then was lots of CTD's during the campaign, almost always following a successful battle. Unfortunately this same trick doesn't seem to be working this time around.

Code:
    ACW 3.X log - 23/05/2012
    --------------------------
    Info:
    Registered owner: Home PC, Is admin? True, Has limited token? False
    OS: Windows 7 x 32 -  Home Premium Edition , Version: 6, Build Number: 7601
    Memory: Total: 3583 Available: 2512
    Display: 1280 x 1024 - 32 bit
    Mod Installation Path:
    ACW path: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\ACW
    Current Campaign: Warpath
    Steam Status: On
    Current non vanilla files in data folder:
    darthmod.pack
    DMUC_Arrows.pack
    DMUC_AUM.pack
    DMUC_Borders.pack
    DMUC_BSM.pack
    DMUC_CAN.pack
    DMUC_Core.pack
    DMUC_CP.pack
    DMUC_Custom.pack
    DMUC_Deploy.pack
    DMUC_DFM.pack
    DMUC_Fonts.pack
    DMUC_Forts.pack
    DMUC_Grenades.pack
    DMUC_HUD.pack
    DMUC_Markers.pack
    DMUC_Media.pack
    DMUC_MUSIC.pack
    DMUC_Natives.pack
    DMUC_Navy.pack
    DMUC_NoTrails.pack
    DMUC_Skies.pack
    DMUC_SkinPack.pack
    DMUC_Tech.pack
    DMUC_UnitsPack.pack
    DMUC_Update.pack
    LanguageReset.bat
    tuca_music.pack
    unit_pack_compatibility_project_v5_9.pack
    unit_pack_compatibility_project_v6_3.pack
    Unpack_Files.exe
    Actions:
    * 22:37:55 -> Mod started
    * 22:37:56 -> boot.pack removed.
    * 22:37:57 -> bg_art.pack moved from C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\ACW\Packs to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data.
    * 22:37:58 -> bg_boot.pack moved from C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\ACW\Packs to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data.
    * 22:38:15 -> bg_core.pack moved from C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\ACW\Packs to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data.
    * 22:38:16 -> bg_db.pack moved from C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\ACW\Packs to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data.
    * 22:38:31 -> bg_models.pack moved from C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\ACW\Packs to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data.
    * 22:38:32 -> bg_movie.pack moved from C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\ACW\Packs to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data.
    * 22:38:49 -> bg_music.pack moved from C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\ACW\Packs to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data.
    * 22:38:53 -> Warpath campaign selected (menu).
    * 22:38:57 -> CS selected. Launching procedure started:
    * 22:38:57 -> scripting_gb_csa.lua copied.
    * 22:38:57 -> mod bg_art.pack;
    * 22:38:57 -> mod bg_core.pack;
    * 22:38:57 -> mod bg_db.pack;
    * 22:38:57 -> mod bg_models.pack;
    * 22:38:57 -> mod bg_music.pack;
    * 22:38:57 -> mod bg_camp_wpath.pack;
    * 22:38:57 -> mod bg_cs_wpath.pack;
    * 22:38:57 -> ACW mod files commands added in user script for CS WPATH.
    * 22:38:57 -> bg_camp_wpath.pack moved from C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\ACW\Packs to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data. wpath map selected
    * 22:38:58 -> bg_cs_wpath.pack moved from C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\ACW\Packs to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data.
    * 22:38:58 -> bg_cs_txt.pack moved from C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\ACW\Packs to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data.
    * 22:38:58 -> Startpos copied from C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\campaigns\ACW_WPATH\CS to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\campaigns\ACW_WPATH.
    * 22:38:58 -> User script current commands:
    * 22:38:58 -> mod bg_art.pack;
    * 22:38:58 -> mod bg_core.pack;
    * 22:38:58 -> mod bg_db.pack;
    * 22:38:58 -> mod bg_models.pack;
    * 22:38:58 -> mod bg_music.pack;
    * 22:38:58 -> mod bg_camp_wpath.pack;
    * 22:38:58 -> mod bg_cs_wpath.pack;
    * 22:38:58 -> User script end.
    * 22:39:00 -> Launching procedure completed.
    * 22:39:00 -> ==========================================
    Final Files in Data: 

* 22:39:00 -> C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_art.pack
    * 22:39:00 -> C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_boot.pack
    * 22:39:00 -> C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_camp_wpath.pack
    * 22:39:00 -> C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_core.pack
    * 22:39:00 -> C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_cs_txt.pack
    * 22:39:00 -> C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_cs_wpath.pack
    * 22:39:00 -> C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_db.pack
    * 22:39:00 -> C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_models.pack
    * 22:39:00 -> C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_movie.pack
    * 22:39:00 -> C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_music.pack
    * 22:39:00 -> ==========================================

* 22:39:03 -> Empire started succesfully
    * 22:40:10 -> ACW mod is closing.
    * 22:40:10 -> Restore vanilla selected on close.
    * 22:40:10 -> Remove ACW mod files data.
    * 22:40:10 -> C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\campaigns moved from C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\ACW\Packs
    * 22:40:10 -> C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\campaign_maps moved from C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\ACW\Packs
    * 22:40:10 -> C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\DMUC moved from C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\ACW\Packs
    * 22:40:10 -> C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\nonvanilla moved from C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\ACW\Packs
    * 22:40:10 -> C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\ui moved from C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\ACW\Packs
    * 22:40:10 -> C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_art.pack moved from C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\ACW\Packs
    * 22:40:10 -> C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_boot.pack moved from C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\ACW\Packs
    * 22:40:10 -> C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_camp_wpath.pack moved from C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\ACW\Packs
    * 22:40:10 -> C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_core.pack moved from C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\ACW\Packs
    * 22:40:10 -> C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_cs_txt.pack moved from C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\ACW\Packs
    * 22:40:10 -> C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_cs_wpath.pack moved from C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\ACW\Packs
    * 22:40:10 -> C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_db.pack moved from C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\ACW\Packs
    * 22:40:10 -> C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_models.pack moved from C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\ACW\Packs
    * 22:40:10 -> C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_movie.pack moved from C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\ACW\Packs
    * 22:40:10 -> C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_music.pack moved from C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\ACW\Packs
    * 22:40:10 -> ACW user script deleted
    * 22:40:10 -> User's user script restored
    * 22:41:05 -> ACW launcher closed.
    End of log report.
    * 22:41:05 -> ACW user script deleted
    * 22:41:05 -> User's user script restored
    * 22:41:05 -> ACW launcher closed.
    End of log report.
    Last edited by jpaa1701; May 23, 2012 at 10:08 PM.

An open mind is like a fortress, with its gates unbarred and unguarded.

I turned Steam on first then turned on 3.2 and I stille got this ACW 3.X log - 23/05/2012
    Code:
    Info:
    Registered owner: jacob, Is admin? True, Has limited token? False
    OS: Windows 7 x 64 -  Home Premium Edition , Version: 6, Build Number: 7601
    Memory: Total: 4043 Available: 2418
    Display: 1366 x 768 - 32 bit
    Mod Installation Path:
    ACW path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\ACW
    Current Campaign: RTI3
    Steam Status: Off
    Actions:
    * 19:48:51 -> Mod started
    * 19:48:52 -> bg_art.pack present in data.
    * 19:48:52 -> bg_boot.pack present in data.
    * 19:48:52 -> bg_core.pack present in data.
    * 19:48:52 -> bg_db.pack present in data.
    * 19:48:52 -> bg_models.pack present in data.
    * 19:48:52 -> bg_movie.pack present in data.
    * 19:48:52 -> bg_music.pack present in data.
    * 19:48:55 -> RTI3 campaign selected (menu).
    * 19:49:03 -> US selected. Launching procedure started:
    * 19:49:03 -> scripting_us_union.lua copied.
    * 19:49:03 -> mod bg_art.pack;
    * 19:49:03 -> mod bg_core.pack;
    * 19:49:03 -> mod bg_db.pack;
    * 19:49:03 -> mod bg_models.pack;
    * 19:49:03 -> mod bg_music.pack;
    * 19:49:03 -> mod bg_camp_rti.pack;
    * 19:49:03 -> mod bg_us_rti.pack;
    * 19:49:03 -> ACW mod files commands added in user script for US RTI3.
    * 19:49:03 -> bg_camp_rti.pack present in data.
    * 19:49:03 -> bg_us_rti.pack present in data.
    * 19:49:03 -> bg_us_txt.pack present in data.
    * 19:49:05 -> Startpos copied from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\campaigns\ACW_RTI3\US to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\campaigns\ACW_RTI3.
    * 19:49:05 -> Launching procedure completed.
    * 19:49:05 -> ==========================================
    Final Files in Data: 
    * 19:49:05 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_art.pack
    * 19:49:05 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_boot.pack
    * 19:49:05 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_camp_rti.pack
    * 19:49:05 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_core.pack
    * 19:49:05 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_db.pack
    * 19:49:05 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_models.pack
    * 19:49:05 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_movie.pack
    * 19:49:05 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_music.pack
    * 19:49:05 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_us_rti.pack
    * 19:49:05 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_us_txt.pack
    * 19:49:05 -> ==========================================
    * 19:49:10 -> CS selected. Launching procedure started:
    * 19:49:10 -> scripting_us_csa.lua copied.
    * 19:49:10 -> mod bg_art.pack;
    * 19:49:10 -> mod bg_core.pack;
    * 19:49:10 -> mod bg_db.pack;
    * 19:49:10 -> mod bg_models.pack;
    * 19:49:10 -> mod bg_music.pack;
    * 19:49:10 -> mod bg_camp_rti.pack;
    * 19:49:10 -> mod bg_cs_rti.pack;
    * 19:49:10 -> ACW mod files commands added in user script for CS RTI3.
    * 19:49:10 -> bg_camp_rti.pack present in data.
    * 19:49:10 -> bg_cs_rti.pack moved from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\ACW\Packs to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data.
    * 19:49:11 -> bg_us_rti.pack found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data and moved back to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\ACW\Packs.
    * 19:49:11 -> bg_cs_txt.pack moved from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\ACW\Packs to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data. cs txt selected
    * 19:49:12 -> bg_us_txt_rti.pack found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data and moved back to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\ACW\Packs.
    * 19:49:13 -> Startpos copied from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\campaigns\ACW_RTI3\CS to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\campaigns\ACW_RTI3.
    * 19:49:13 -> Regions copied from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\campaigns\ACW_RTI3\CS to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\campaigns\ACW_RTI3.
    * 19:49:13 -> User script current commands:
    * 19:49:13 -> mod bg_art.pack;
    * 19:49:13 -> mod bg_core.pack;
    * 19:49:13 -> mod bg_db.pack;
    * 19:49:13 -> mod bg_models.pack;
    * 19:49:13 -> mod bg_music.pack;
    * 19:49:13 -> mod bg_camp_rti.pack;
    * 19:49:13 -> mod bg_cs_rti.pack;
    * 19:49:13 -> User script end.
    * 19:49:13 -> Launching procedure completed.
    * 19:49:13 -> ==========================================
    Final Files in Data: 
    * 19:49:13 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_art.pack
    * 19:49:13 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_boot.pack
    * 19:49:13 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_camp_rti.pack
    * 19:49:13 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_core.pack
    * 19:49:13 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_cs_rti.pack
    * 19:49:13 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_cs_txt.pack
    * 19:49:13 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_db.pack
    * 19:49:13 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_models.pack
    * 19:49:13 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_movie.pack
    * 19:49:13 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_music.pack
    * 19:49:13 -> ==========================================

EDIT: put the log in tags... as stated explcitly in the OP of this thread; MM
    Last edited by Minas Moth; May 26, 2012 at 07:40 AM. Reason: edit

Quote Originally Posted by jpaa1701 View Post
    ...but I am not removing DMUC. During 3.1 I had the same issue, but when I closed the launcher selected vanilla ready, and played a game on DMUC for a few hours, I was able to start 3.1 just fine then.
    Good luck then...

And every time you start ACW make a prey for the game to load last the ACW files. Because if, lets say, game loads DMUC text file last, than the one of ACW, then a CTD is guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by lukeskywalker678 View Post
    I turned Steam on first then turned on 3.2 and I stille got this ACW
    Do you have a problem or are you asking because log shows Steam off?
    Last edited by husserlTW; May 24, 2012 at 07:29 AM.

Hi! I've installed ACW 3.2 yesterday. I had to delete some files from European Wars II. ACW ran just fine. I even played a bit in 3 campaigns as CS, just to try.

Today, I want to start a new campaign. I start the launcher, select Warpath and CS (I was wondering, do I have to select Warpath and CS in the launcher every time is start the game?). The games takes me to the main menu, I select Single Player, Civil War Campaign, then I choose CS, short campaign etc., I do all the things I've done yesterday. During the loading screen of the campaign, I get a CTD (Empire stopped working). If I remember correctly the loading bar doesn't even gets filled halfway. The game goes to campaign loading screen, 2 or 3 seconds later CTD.

Log:

Code:
    Mod Installation Path:
    ACW path: ...\empire total war\ACW
    Steam Status: n/a

Actions:
    * 15:06:56 -> Mod started
    * 15:06:56 -> bg_art.pack present in data.
    * 15:06:56 -> bg_boot.pack present in data.
    * 15:06:56 -> bg_core.pack present in data.
    * 15:06:56 -> bg_db.pack present in data.
    * 15:06:56 -> bg_models.pack present in data.
    * 15:06:56 -> bg_movie.pack present in data.
    * 15:06:56 -> bg_music.pack present in data.
    * 15:06:59 -> CS selected. Launching procedure started:
    * 15:06:59 -> scripting_gb_csa.lua copied.
    * 15:06:59 -> mod bg_art.pack;
    * 15:06:59 -> mod bg_core.pack;
    * 15:06:59 -> mod bg_db.pack;
    * 15:06:59 -> mod bg_models.pack;
    * 15:06:59 -> mod bg_music.pack;
    * 15:06:59 -> mod bg_camp_wpath.pack;
    * 15:06:59 -> mod bg_cs_wpath.pack;
    * 15:06:59 -> ACW mod files commands added in user script for CS WPATH.
    * 15:06:59 -> bg_camp_wpath.pack present in data.
    * 15:06:59 -> bg_cs_wpath.pack present in data.
    * 15:06:59 -> bg_cs_txt.pack present in data.
    * 15:06:59 -> Startpos copied from C:\Users\Kamil\Documents\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\campaigns\ACW_WPATH\CS to C:\Users\Kamil\Documents\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\campaigns\ACW_WPATH.
    * 15:06:59 -> User script current commands:
    * 15:06:59 -> mod bg_art.pack;
    * 15:06:59 -> mod bg_core.pack;
    * 15:06:59 -> mod bg_db.pack;
    * 15:06:59 -> mod bg_models.pack;
    * 15:06:59 -> mod bg_music.pack;
    * 15:06:59 -> mod bg_camp_wpath.pack;
    * 15:06:59 -> mod bg_cs_wpath.pack;
    * 15:06:59 -> User script end.
    * 15:06:59 -> Launching procedure completed.
    * 15:06:59 -> ==========================================
    Final Files in Data: 

* 15:06:59 -> C:\Users\Kamil\Documents\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_art.pack
    * 15:06:59 -> C:\Users\Kamil\Documents\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_boot.pack
    * 15:06:59 -> C:\Users\Kamil\Documents\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_camp_wpath.pack
    * 15:06:59 -> C:\Users\Kamil\Documents\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_core.pack
    * 15:06:59 -> C:\Users\Kamil\Documents\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_cs_txt.pack
    * 15:06:59 -> C:\Users\Kamil\Documents\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_cs_wpath.pack
    * 15:06:59 -> C:\Users\Kamil\Documents\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_db.pack
    * 15:06:59 -> C:\Users\Kamil\Documents\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_models.pack
    * 15:06:59 -> C:\Users\Kamil\Documents\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_movie.pack
    * 15:06:59 -> C:\Users\Kamil\Documents\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_music.pack
    * 15:06:59 -> ==========================================

* 15:08:44 -> CS selected. Launching procedure started:
    * 15:08:44 -> scripting_gb_csa.lua copied.
    * 15:08:44 -> mod bg_art.pack;
    * 15:08:44 -> mod bg_core.pack;
    * 15:08:44 -> mod bg_db.pack;
    * 15:08:44 -> mod bg_models.pack;
    * 15:08:44 -> mod bg_music.pack;
    * 15:08:44 -> mod bg_camp_wpath.pack;
    * 15:08:44 -> mod bg_cs_wpath.pack;
    * 15:08:44 -> ACW mod files commands added in user script for CS WPATH.
    * 15:08:44 -> bg_camp_wpath.pack present in data.
    * 15:08:44 -> bg_cs_wpath.pack present in data.
    * 15:08:44 -> bg_cs_txt.pack present in data.
    * 15:08:44 -> Startpos copied from C:\Users\Kamil\Documents\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\campaigns\ACW_WPATH\CS to C:\Users\Kamil\Documents\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\campaigns\ACW_WPATH.
    * 15:08:44 -> User script current commands:
    * 15:08:44 -> mod bg_art.pack;
    * 15:08:44 -> mod bg_core.pack;
    * 15:08:44 -> mod bg_db.pack;
    * 15:08:44 -> mod bg_models.pack;
    * 15:08:44 -> mod bg_music.pack;
    * 15:08:44 -> mod bg_camp_wpath.pack;
    * 15:08:44 -> mod bg_cs_wpath.pack;
    * 15:08:44 -> User script end.
    * 15:08:44 -> Launching procedure completed.
    * 15:08:44 -> ==========================================
    Final Files in Data: 

* 15:08:44 -> C:\Users\Kamil\Documents\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_art.pack
    * 15:08:44 -> C:\Users\Kamil\Documents\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_boot.pack
    * 15:08:44 -> C:\Users\Kamil\Documents\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_camp_wpath.pack
    * 15:08:44 -> C:\Users\Kamil\Documents\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_core.pack
    * 15:08:44 -> C:\Users\Kamil\Documents\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_cs_txt.pack
    * 15:08:44 -> C:\Users\Kamil\Documents\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_cs_wpath.pack
    * 15:08:44 -> C:\Users\Kamil\Documents\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_db.pack
    * 15:08:44 -> C:\Users\Kamil\Documents\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_models.pack
    * 15:08:44 -> C:\Users\Kamil\Documents\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_movie.pack
    * 15:08:44 -> C:\Users\Kamil\Documents\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_music.pack
    * 15:08:44 -> ==========================================

* 15:08:46 -> Empire started succesfully
    * 15:09:47 -> Edit Script dialog opened.
    * 15:09:50 -> User Script updated.
    * 15:09:53 -> Edit Script dialog closed.
    * 15:10:04 -> Check Files dialog opened.
    * 15:10:09 -> Remove Files selected.
    * 15:10:09 -> No files removed.
    * 15:10:10 -> Check Files dialog closed.
    * 15:10:18 -> Warpath campaign selected (menu).
    * 15:10:20 -> CS selected. Launching procedure started:
    * 15:10:21 -> scripting_gb_csa.lua copied.
    * 15:10:21 -> mod bg_art.pack;
    * 15:10:21 -> mod bg_core.pack;
    * 15:10:21 -> mod bg_db.pack;
    * 15:10:21 -> mod bg_models.pack;
    * 15:10:21 -> mod bg_music.pack;
    * 15:10:21 -> mod bg_camp_wpath.pack;
    * 15:10:21 -> mod bg_cs_wpath.pack;
    * 15:10:21 -> ACW mod files commands added in user script for CS WPATH.
    * 15:10:21 -> bg_camp_wpath.pack present in data.
    * 15:10:21 -> bg_cs_wpath.pack present in data.
    * 15:10:21 -> bg_cs_txt.pack present in data.
    * 15:10:21 -> Startpos copied from C:\Users\Kamil\Documents\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\campaigns\ACW_WPATH\CS to C:\Users\Kamil\Documents\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\campaigns\ACW_WPATH.
    * 15:10:21 -> User script current commands:
    * 15:10:21 -> mod bg_art.pack;
    * 15:10:21 -> mod bg_core.pack;
    * 15:10:21 -> mod bg_db.pack;
    * 15:10:21 -> mod bg_models.pack;
    * 15:10:21 -> mod bg_music.pack;
    * 15:10:21 -> mod bg_camp_wpath.pack;
    * 15:10:21 -> mod bg_cs_wpath.pack;
    * 15:10:21 -> User script end.
    * 15:10:21 -> Launching procedure completed.
    * 15:10:21 -> ==========================================
    Final Files in Data: 

* 15:10:21 -> C:\Users\Kamil\Documents\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_art.pack
    * 15:10:21 -> C:\Users\Kamil\Documents\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_boot.pack
    * 15:10:21 -> C:\Users\Kamil\Documents\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_camp_wpath.pack
    * 15:10:21 -> C:\Users\Kamil\Documents\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_core.pack
    * 15:10:21 -> C:\Users\Kamil\Documents\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_cs_txt.pack
    * 15:10:21 -> C:\Users\Kamil\Documents\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_cs_wpath.pack
    * 15:10:21 -> C:\Users\Kamil\Documents\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_db.pack
    * 15:10:21 -> C:\Users\Kamil\Documents\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_models.pack
    * 15:10:21 -> C:\Users\Kamil\Documents\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_movie.pack
    * 15:10:21 -> C:\Users\Kamil\Documents\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_music.pack
    * 15:10:21 -> ==========================================

* 15:10:23 -> Empire started succesfully
    * 15:11:30 -> ACW mod is closing.
    * 15:11:30 -> ACW ready selected.
    * 15:11:34 -> ACW launcher closed.
    End of log report.

Did the 3 test campaigns you started successfully were also Warpath? In other words do you have Warpath installed? If yes do you meet the same problem trying as RTI3 CS?

You have always to start the campaign and the faction either you want to play, or you had played when you saved a game and you want to continue.

Thank you for answering so quickly . Yes, all three test campaigns were played on Warpath. And yes , I'm 10000% sure Warpath is installed. The three campaigns on Warpath worked. Only thing I noticed, don't know if it matters... Probably not... Is that the first campaign for example was nothing like the second one in the beginning. You got all these history notifications popping up after the end of a turn and also generals reporting for duty. Well, in the first campaign the Union declared war on me very soon, even before I got the notification of Fort Sumter being bombarded . In the second campaign or third that was ok. There were other things too.

And yes, the game crashes too when I try to load a campaign in RTI3. It crashes on the same moment as when I try Warpath.

I'll never understand technology. One day all is working properly, the next day... Well... . And it's even more frustrating when you know you didn't do a thing, you didn't change anything. So why the sudden fail??

gary's Avatar Domesticus

Hi am confused here are you saying that in order to play this mod we need to have warpath installed.. as i do not? also when i launch the exe i have placed all the correct logs in the user-script and they show up fine... but on the campaign tab the choice is of only RTI and warpath..question is how do i get it to start with ctd at the screen? or do i need Warpath, if yes then i will ditch the mod as i do not have this add-on.

Code:
    Actions:
    * 17:46:30 -> Mod started
    * 17:46:30 -> bg_art.pack present in data.
    * 17:46:30 -> bg_boot.pack present in data.
    * 17:46:30 -> bg_core.pack present in data.
    * 17:46:30 -> bg_db.pack present in data.
    * 17:46:30 -> bg_models.pack present in data.
    * 17:46:30 -> bg_movie.pack present in data.
    * 17:46:30 -> bg_music.pack present in data.
    * 17:46:34 -> Edit Script dialog opened.
    * 17:46:43 -> <mod "mod "bg_art.pack";.pack";> removed from user.empire_script.txt.
    * 17:49:39 -> <mod "mod "bg_art.pack";.pack";> inserted to user.empire_script.txt.
    * 17:49:39 -> <mod "mod "bg_core.pack";.pack";> inserted to user.empire_script.txt.
    * 17:49:39 -> <mod "mod "bg_db.pack";.pack";> inserted to user.empire_script.txt.
    * 17:49:39 -> <mod "mod "bg_models.pack";.pack";> inserted to user.empire_script.txt.
    * 17:49:39 -> <mod "mod "bg_music.pack";.pack";> inserted to user.empire_script.txt.
    * 17:49:39 -> User Script updated.
    * 17:49:43 -> Edit Script dialog closed.
    * 17:50:08 -> Check Files dialog opened.
    * 17:50:17 -> Check Files dialog closed.
    * 17:50:47 -> Warpath campaign selected (menu).
    * 17:53:45 -> Warpath campaign selected (menu).
    * 17:53:57 -> ACW mod is closing.
    * 17:53:57 -> ACW ready selected.
    * 17:54:01 -> ACW launcher closed.
    End of log report.
    EDIT: put log in tags, as explicitly stated in the thread OP; MM
    Last edited by Minas Moth; May 26, 2012 at 07:41 AM.
    My Granfather Frederick Avery.Battalion Boxing champion. Regiment.The Kings Own Yorkshire Light Infantry. dorcorated D.C.M. M.M.
    campaigns

(India.1930) (Norway 1940) (Fontenay le Pesnil) (North-West Europe1944-45) (Argoub Se!lah)
    (Sicily, 1943 Salerno) (Minturno) (Anzio Gemmano Ridge)
    "Burma, 1942"
    My grandfather was a hero, modest, quiet and wounded twice, in hand to hand combat at Casino Italy.

Quote Originally Posted by KamilW View Post
    I'll never understand technology. One day all is working properly, the next day... Well... . And it's even more frustrating when you know you didn't do a thing, you didn't change anything. So why the sudden fail??
    Sorry that is beyond my abilities. It happens to me sometimes but at the end always I realise that thay there was something that I had done (perhpaps accidentaly).

Quote Originally Posted by gary View Post
    Hi am confused here are you saying that in order to play this mod we need to have warpath installed.. as i do not? also when i launch the exe i have placed all the correct logs in the user-script and they show up fine... but on the campaign tab the choice is of only RTI and warpath..question is how do i get it to start with ctd at the screen? or do i need Warpath, if yes then i will ditch the mod as i do not have this add-on.
    I've already answered in the other post of yours.

I do not understand why you select Warpath if you do not.. have Warpath? And after you do that, are you surprised with the CTD???

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    Sorry that is beyond my abilities. It happens to me sometimes but at the end always I realise that thay there was something that I had done (perhpaps accidentaly).
    Yes, could be of course. But not this time. I didn't do anything. Really! By the way, I don't understand something. After each game, when I quit to the desktop (and the launcher is still there of course), a message pops up that asks me whether to "make ACW ready" or "restore vanilla". Is it suppose to pop up every time?? I've clicked always on "make ACW ready" so far.

And if you can't help me, who can?

EDIT: Just started it up again after a few hours. My pc was on the whole time, didn't switch it off. Guess what! It's working! How the hell is this possible. And I swear, I didn't do anything. Technology...

Thanks for the help anyway! I appreciate how you guys are so quick and always eager to help others. Great mod by the way! Been waiting a long long time to play this. Now, thanks to the ACW team, many players can enjoy this great work. Cheers! +rep
    Last edited by KamilW; May 24, 2012 at 04:03 PM.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jpaa1701
    ...but I am not removing DMUC. During 3.1 I had the same issue, but when I closed the launcher selected vanilla ready, and played a game on DMUC for a few hours, I was able to start 3.1 just fine then.

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    Good luck then...

And every time you start ACW make a prey for the game to load last the ACW files. Because if, lets say, game loads DMUC text file last, than the one of ACW, then a CTD is guaranteed.
    Hmm, well if it comes down to a hard choice of either/or and not both then I guess I will have to stick with DMUC. I play it a lot and it really saved me from throwing Empire into the garbage a long time ago. I just thought ACW would be a good diversion for something different on occasion and 2.6 worked just fine switching back and forth but I guess it isn't to be with 3.0+. I really did enjoy the little I did get to play with 3.0 and 3.1. You guys really have done an amazing job, I am saddened I will not be able to experience it any further.

An open mind is like a fortress, with its gates unbarred and unguarded.

Quote Originally Posted by KamilW View Post
    Is it suppose to pop up every time?? I've clicked always on "make ACW ready" so far.
    Do that as long as you will play ACW next time as well. If not, or you going to update ACW, select Vanilla Ready. You can tick the box in the lower left corner if you do not want to see it all the time and re-enable from menu whenever you need it again to change option.
    And if you can't help me, who can?
    Lord will!!
    Thanks for the help anyway! I appreciate how you guys are so quick and always eager to help others. Great mod by the way! Been waiting a long long time to play this. Now, thanks to the ACW team, many players can enjoy this great work. Cheers! +rep
    Thanks, next round on me...

Husser I'm showing the log to prove that something is up I turn Steam on first then start ACW If it doen't work I open the log to see that it says steam is off I had this same problem in 3.1

Icon2 Re: [Version 3.2] Startup Issues

The Steam issue is weird... Launcher just checks if Steam.exe is in use or not. If you see the other logs it always work. Perhaps in your case some security option prevent this check.

You are not telling what the problem is... Since it is a new version, please repeat it even if it is the same with the previous.
    Last edited by husserlTW; May 25, 2012 at 04:09 PM.

ALL ACW 3.0 and 3.2 do is crash on my Windows 7 Home Edition and steam account. I have tried for days to get them to work to no avail. I GIVE UP. I will keep checking this page to see if anyone comes up with a solution to the STEAM -- WIndows 7 Home Edition crashing of ACW Brother vs Brother................good luck fellows ---------- meanwhile I am just going to be content playing EMPIRE TOTAL WAR and NAPOLEON TOTAL WAR (in their vanilla form) as they are great games without any MODS Thanks for listening fellows Goodbye

I dont understand what you mean by please repeat it.

Here is my LOG. I read I was supposed to include it. All I know is I have been trying to get ACW 3.2 Brothers vs Brothers working for 2 days with no success. It starts up and goes to an opening scene with a picture of a guy on a horse then it comes up with a window that says "This program is no longer working and windows is checking for a solution" windows does not find any solution and it freezes right there....I am really a greaat lover of Civil Waar history and I am really dissappointed I can not get this MOD to work on my computer. I have seen videos of this MOD on Utube and they are excellent!

Code:
    ACW 3.X log - 26/05/2012
    Info:
    Registered owner: Paul, Is admin? True, Has limited token? False
    OS: Windows 7 x 64 -  Home Premium Edition , Version: 6, Build Number: 7601
    Memory: Total: 12287 Available: 10734
    Display: 1600 x 900 - 32 bit
    Mod Installation Path:
    ACW path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\ACW
    Steam Status: On
    Actions:
    * 07:43:58 -> Mod started
    * 07:43:58 -> boot.pack removed.
    * 07:44:08 -> bg_art.pack moved from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\ACW\Packs to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data.
    * 07:44:08 -> bg_boot.pack moved from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\ACW\Packs to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data.
    * 07:44:52 -> bg_core.pack moved from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\ACW\Packs to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data.
    * 07:44:52 -> bg_db.pack moved from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\ACW\Packs to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data.
    * 07:45:18 -> bg_models.pack moved from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\ACW\Packs to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data.
    * 07:45:18 -> bg_movie.pack moved from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\ACW\Packs to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data.
    * 07:45:48 -> bg_music.pack moved from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\ACW\Packs to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data.
    * 07:45:53 -> Edit Script dialog opened.
    * 07:45:57 -> Edit Script dialog closed.
    * 07:46:02 -> CS selected. Launching procedure started:
    * 07:46:02 -> scripting_gb_csa.lua copied.
    * 07:46:02 -> mod ".pack";
    * 07:46:02 -> mod bg_art.pack;
    * 07:46:02 -> mod bg_core.pack;
    * 07:46:02 -> mod bg_db.pack;
    * 07:46:02 -> mod bg_models.pack;
    * 07:46:02 -> mod bg_music.pack;
    * 07:46:02 -> mod bg_camp_wpath.pack;
    * 07:46:02 -> mod bg_cs_wpath.pack;
    * 07:46:02 -> ACW mod files commands added in user script for CS WPATH.
    * 07:46:03 -> bg_camp_wpath.pack moved from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\ACW\Packs to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data. wpath map selected
    * 07:46:04 -> bg_cs_wpath.pack moved from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\ACW\Packs to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data.
    * 07:46:04 -> bg_cs_txt.pack moved from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\ACW\Packs to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data.
    * 07:46:04 -> Startpos copied from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\campaigns\ACW_WPATH\CS to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\campaigns\ACW_WPATH.
    * 07:46:04 -> User script current commands:
    * 07:46:04 -> mod ".pack";
    * 07:46:04 -> mod bg_art.pack;
    * 07:46:04 -> mod bg_core.pack;
    * 07:46:04 -> mod bg_db.pack;
    * 07:46:04 -> mod bg_models.pack;
    * 07:46:04 -> mod bg_music.pack;
    * 07:46:04 -> mod bg_camp_wpath.pack;
    * 07:46:04 -> mod bg_cs_wpath.pack;
    * 07:46:04 -> User script end.
    * 07:46:04 -> Launching procedure completed.
    * 07:46:04 -> ==========================================
    Final Files in Data: 
    * 07:46:04 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_art.pack
    * 07:46:04 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_boot.pack
    * 07:46:04 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_camp_wpath.pack
    * 07:46:04 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_core.pack
    * 07:46:04 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_cs_txt.pack
    * 07:46:04 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_cs_wpath.pack
    * 07:46:04 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_db.pack
    * 07:46:04 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_models.pack
    * 07:46:04 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_movie.pack
    * 07:46:04 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_music.pack
    * 07:46:04 -> ==========================================
    * 07:47:05 -> ACW mod is closing.
    * 07:47:05 -> Restore vanilla selected on close.
    * 07:47:05 -> Remove ACW mod files data.
    * 07:47:05 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\campaigns moved from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\ACW\Packs
    * 07:47:05 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\campaign_maps moved from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\ACW\Packs
    * 07:47:05 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\nonvanilla moved from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\ACW\Packs
    * 07:47:05 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\ui moved from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\ACW\Packs
    * 07:47:05 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_art.pack moved from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\ACW\Packs
    * 07:47:05 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_boot.pack moved from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\ACW\Packs
    * 07:47:05 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_camp_wpath.pack moved from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\ACW\Packs
    * 07:47:05 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_core.pack moved from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\ACW\Packs
    * 07:47:05 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_cs_txt.pack moved from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\ACW\Packs
    * 07:47:05 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_cs_wpath.pack moved from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\ACW\Packs
    * 07:47:05 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_db.pack moved from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\ACW\Packs
    * 07:47:05 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_models.pack moved from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\ACW\Packs
    * 07:47:05 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_movie.pack moved from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\ACW\Packs
    * 07:47:05 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_music.pack moved from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\ACW\Packs
    * 07:47:05 -> ACW user script deleted
    * 07:47:05 -> User's user script restored
    * 07:47:22 -> ACW launcher closed.
    End of log report.
    * 07:47:22 -> ACW user script deleted
    * 07:47:22 -> User's user script restored
    * 07:47:22 -> ACW launcher closed.
    End of log report.

EDIT: put log report in tags; as explicitly stated in the thread OP; MM
    Last edited by Minas Moth; May 26, 2012 at 09:56 AM.

i Launch game with steam already on and it still gives me an N\A. is there a way to launch without the steam check or a way to work around this? id really really love to play this mod and i couldn't care less about multiplayer. help would be greatly appreciated. thank you

gary's Avatar Domesticus

still getting ctd at start of launch menu...
    Code:
    Actions:
    * 14:51:21 -> Mod started
    * 14:51:21 -> boot.pack removed.
    * 14:51:21 -> bg_art.pack moved from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\ACW\Packs to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data.
    * 14:51:21 -> bg_boot.pack moved from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\ACW\Packs to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data.
    * 14:51:24 -> bg_core.pack moved from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\ACW\Packs to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data.
    * 14:51:24 -> bg_db.pack moved from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\ACW\Packs to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data.
    * 14:51:26 -> bg_models.pack moved from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\ACW\Packs to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data.
    * 14:51:26 -> bg_movie.pack moved from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\ACW\Packs to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data.
    * 14:51:35 -> bg_music.pack moved from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\ACW\Packs to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data.
    * 14:51:47 -> US selected. Launching procedure started:
    * 14:51:47 -> scripting_us_union.lua copied.
    * 14:51:47 -> mod "mod "bg_art.pack";.pack";
    * 14:51:47 -> mod "mod "bg_core.pack";.pack";
    * 14:51:47 -> mod "mod "bg_db.pack";.pack";
    * 14:51:47 -> mod "mod "bg_models.pack";.pack";
    * 14:51:47 -> mod "mod "bg_music.pack";.pack";
    * 14:51:47 -> mod bg_art.pack;
    * 14:51:47 -> mod bg_core.pack;
    * 14:51:47 -> mod bg_db.pack;
    * 14:51:47 -> mod bg_models.pack;
    * 14:51:47 -> mod bg_music.pack;
    * 14:51:47 -> mod bg_camp_rti.pack;
    * 14:51:47 -> mod bg_us_rti.pack;
    * 14:51:47 -> ACW mod files commands added in user script for US RTI3.
    * 14:51:47 -> bg_camp_rti.pack moved from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\ACW\Packs to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data.
    * 14:51:47 -> bg_us_rti.pack moved from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\ACW\Packs to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data.
    * 14:51:47 -> bg_us_txt.pack moved from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\ACW\Packs to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data.
    * 14:51:47 -> Startpos copied from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\campaigns\ACW_RTI3\US to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\campaigns\ACW_RTI3.
    * 14:51:47 -> Launching procedure completed.
    * 14:51:47 -> ==========================================
    Final Files in Data: 

* 14:51:47 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_art.pack
    * 14:51:47 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_boot.pack
    * 14:51:47 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_camp_rti.pack
    * 14:51:47 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_core.pack
    * 14:51:47 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_db.pack
    * 14:51:47 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_models.pack
    * 14:51:47 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_movie.pack
    * 14:51:47 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_music.pack
    * 14:51:47 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_us_rti.pack
    * 14:51:47 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\bg_us_txt.pack
    * 14:51:47 -> ==========================================

* 14:51:49 -> Empire started succesfully
    * 14:51:57 -> ACW mod is closing.
    * 14:52:00 -> ACW launcher closed.
    End of log report.

EDIT: put log report in tags; as explicitly stated in the thread OP; MM
    Last edited by Minas Moth; May 26, 2012 at 09:56 AM.
    My Granfather Frederick Avery.Battalion Boxing champion. Regiment.The Kings Own Yorkshire Light Infantry. dorcorated D.C.M. M.M.
    campaigns

(India.1930) (Norway 1940) (Fontenay le Pesnil) (North-West Europe1944-45) (Argoub Se!lah)
    (Sicily, 1943 Salerno) (Minturno) (Anzio Gemmano Ridge)
    "Burma, 1942"
    My grandfather was a hero, modest, quiet and wounded twice, in hand to hand combat at Casino Italy.

* 14:51:47 -> mod "mod "bg_art.pack";.pack";
    * 14:51:47 -> mod "mod "bg_core.pack";.pack";
    * 14:51:47 -> mod "mod "bg_db.pack";.pack";
    * 14:51:47 -> mod "mod "bg_models.pack";.pack";
    * 14:51:47 -> mod "mod "bg_music.pack";.pack";
    * 14:51:47 -> mod bg_art.pack;
    * 14:51:47 -> mod bg_core.pack;
    * 14:51:47 -> mod bg_db.pack;
    * 14:51:47 -> mod bg_models.pack;
    * 14:51:47 -> mod bg_music.pack;
    * 14:51:47 -> mod bg_camp_rti.pack;
    * 14:51:47 -> mod bg_us_rti.pack;
    Your user script is in real mess. When you use the script editor, add only the name of the pack and it will add the rest (mod " .pack"). But if you add the full line it will make something like: mod "mod "bg_core.pack";.pack"; Use script editor to remove them. Do not add commands related with the ACW, they are added automatically just before the the game is launched. Use script editor only to add commands of a mod that you want combined with the ACW.

Perhaps this will not solve your CTD problem (Is suspect you did that in an attempt to find a solution in the problem that was already there) but you have to correct that in any case.
    Last edited by husserlTW; May 26, 2012 at 09:20 AM.

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast