Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: [Version 3.x] Campaign Issues

JOPAKE's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: [Version 3.3] Campaign Issues

Quote Originally Posted by JOPAKE View Post
    I am not able to recruit anyone in Richmond, the recruitment slot has nothing on it.
    Can someone help me with this, please?

Minas Moth's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade Chernov View Post
    - As the Confederacy, I cannot recruit the Stonewall Brigade, Hood's Texans, the Orphan Brigade, or Louisiana Zouaves.

- Artillery can only fire Round Shot in Campaign battles.

- My units cannot fix Bayonets.
    that is really unfortunate...I wonder how that came to be... maybe you have some conflicting files (older versions of ACW/or some of the fixes you used/DaVinci's old realism submod)? because there are only two of you with this problem, and we would have noticed that during campaign testings...

Quote Originally Posted by Viking_Dane View Post
    when i try to start a campaign it crashes
    this seems like a Steam issue we already had... The solution is:
    1) exit the Launcher (vanilla ready)
    2) reboot your pc
    3) manually login to Steam after Start-up of Windows (or login if Steam offers it automatically)
    4) start the launcher
    5) choose your preferences and wait for the game to move all the necessary files
    6) fire the game

Quote Originally Posted by JOPAKE View Post
    Can someone help me with this, please?
    we will address this... we have noticed that there is recruitment missing in Philadelphia when the city is developed to the last few levels of buildings.

Dave Strider's Avatar Dux Limitis

that is really unfortunate...I wonder how that came to be... maybe you have some conflicting files (older versions of ACW/or some of the fixes you used/DaVinci's old realism submod)? because there are only two of you with this problem, and we would have noticed that during campaign testings...
    Probably older file versions...it's strange though, because shokh personally looked at a copy of my bg_db.pack, and he said it looked as if everything was in order.
    when the union's inspiration through the worker's blood shall run,
    there can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun,
    yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one?
    but the union makes us strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade Chernov View Post
    Probably older file versions...it's strange though, because shokh personally looked at a copy of my bg_db.pack, and he said it looked as if everything was in order.
    I got similar problems when trying 3.3 version. the trouble was, before un-installing previous version you have to start ACW launcher and when exiting choose Vanilla ready. otherwise, the files remain in your data folder and things become mixed up. that happened to me the first time I tried it...

H.V.Nelson's Avatar Barbarus

hi i have some questions. I play ACW 3.3 and i miss the researchbutton and ships. I play the US.

Hinkel's Avatar Commander in Chief

Quote Originally Posted by H.V.Nelson View Post
    hi i have some questions. I play ACW 3.3 and i miss the researchbutton and ships. I play the US.
    I answered it in another thread:
    Research and ships are disabled in our mod.
    --------------------------- The American Civil War for Total War ------------------------------

JOPAKE's Avatar Libertus

Is it possible to change the maximum amount of times you can recruit a unit? Never mind.
    Last edited by JOPAKE; June 17, 2012 at 10:24 PM.

Crash on campaign startup for CSA, every time. So I tried rebooting, steam setup and logged in, same thing.... So I tried loading a saved game, loaded fine. Then I went to main menu, started a new campaign, problem solved. Will try this next:
    2) reboot your pc
    3) manually login to Steam after Start-up of Windows (or login if Steam offers it automatically)
    4) start the launcher
    5) choose your preferences and wait for the game to move all the necessary files
    6) fire the game

However, I had a CTD in the first battle. Had graphics set to ultra and I know the moddlers are working on that...

Just giving an update. Feel free to comment or ask questions, and by the way...

THE MOD FREAKIN' ROCKS!

Quote Originally Posted by Npbsurfr View Post
    Crash on campaign startup for CSA, every time. So I tried rebooting, steam setup and logged in, same thing.... So I tried loading a saved game, loaded fine. Then I went to main menu, started a new campaign, problem solved. Will try this next:
    2) reboot your pc
    4) start the launcher
    6) fire the game

However, I had a CTD in the first battle. Had graphics set to ultra and I know the moddlers are working on that...

Just giving an update. Feel free to comment or ask questions, and by the way...

THE MOD FREAKIN' ROCKS!
    lower your graphics... if you experience battle crash on ultra settings with ultra unit size and ultra unit details... for gods sake boy, lower your settings.

there's not much we can do if you people stress out your computers because you want to play it all on ultra and your pc's can't handle it...

Quote Originally Posted by Minas Moth View Post
    lower your graphics... if you experience battle crash on ultra settings with ultra unit size and ultra unit details... for gods sake boy, lower your settings.

there's not much we can do if you people stress out your computers because you want to play it all on ultra and your pc's can't handle it...
    Don't worry about my PC... it can handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by Npbsurfr View Post
    Don't worry about my PC... it can handle it.
    that is just it... many people think that their pcs should handle it. in fact in many cases they indeed can handle some newer and more pc-stressing games. but the think is that etw is kind of specific in that sense so try to lower your settings...

First of al, great mod!

the game works perfectly for me( no ctd's and problems...) but there is one thing that bothers me:
    in the campaign, i seem to have no technology AT ALL. All my canons fire only round shot, units don't own or can't fix bayonets. Someone knows how to solve this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Empir View Post
    First of al, great mod!

the game works perfectly for me( no ctd's and problems...) but there is one thing that bothers me:
    in the campaign, i seem to have no technology AT ALL. All my canons fire only round shot, units don't own or can't fix bayonets. Someone knows how to solve this problem?
    noted and fixed in the 3.3.1 patch I believe... technology will come in 3.4/3.5

Hi there,

the 3.4 version is brilliant thanks for that. I have a small problem regarding my artillery ammunition...in campaign battles i cant select any, means that i only can toggle round shot for any artillery piece. in cuntom battles i have the whole thing: canister, shell etc.

What did i messed up ?!

Regards

Hi all!
    I am writing because I've got the following problem. I installed the ACW v. 3.4 according with the instructions and I've checked it is on a right place. When I launched the game everything was working perfect...to the time. When I wanted to play campaign or battle, I gained an information that "Has encountered a problem with empire.exe applicaton, so it will be closed." I have no idea what's wrong?! I've got very, very big request to you, could you help me to solve this problem.
    My Empire Total War game is full legal!

Thank you very much!

You know, I know it's not important what nationality I am, but I'm Polish. Perhaps you surprised that someone from this area may be interested in Civil War, but I am! For a long time I have been watching your trailers, and I like it very much! So I decided to play this game on my own, finally.

P.S Please forgive me my mistakes, I'm not the best at english, what you can see

You have to login manually in Steam first and then start ACW (or any mod that uses a launcher). If you miss that and receive a CTD then you have to reboot before trying again. If this is not your case, go in startup up issues thread and post your problem with the log report (see first post there for more).

Thank you! I am very grateful!

I have a slight problem. Every time I am winning a battle during the campaign on the battle map and am on my way to winning over the enemy, it CTD's. It just happens each time I am winning. However, next time I jump on, the yanks will sweep through my line and despite my using the same tactics that were winning me the battle before, my army gets raped to death. This happened at Savannah, and I lost the city, this happened at Richmond, and I lost the city, and this happened near Baton Rouge, although since it wasn't taking place inside the city, it wasn't lost.

It will not ctd when the enemy wins, but it always does it when I am winning. It isn't a time issue, because I barely jumped on about 10 minutes ago and it did it to me. However, if I just do "Auto-resolve" it doesn't do that.

Anyone else having this problem?
    History of War Podcast

Episode 3: History of the Infantry

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior of Newage View Post
    I have a slight problem. Every time I am winning a battle during the campaign on the battle map and am on my way to winning over the enemy, it CTD's. It just happens each time I am winning. However, next time I jump on, the yanks will sweep through my line and despite my using the same tactics that were winning me the battle before, my army gets raped to death. This happened at Savannah, and I lost the city, this happened at Richmond, and I lost the city, and this happened near Baton Rouge, although since it wasn't taking place inside the city, it wasn't lost.

It will not ctd when the enemy wins, but it always does it when I am winning. It isn't a time issue, because I barely jumped on about 10 minutes ago and it did it to me. However, if I just do "Auto-resolve" it doesn't do that.

Anyone else having this problem?
    does the crash happen when you are chasing a routing enemy maybe? if so, then it might be related to some animation presumably cavalry animations...

Default Campaign Crash

I tried to play CS campaign but it crashedD: My game was just freshly installed(both ETW and ACW)....was there something I missed to do??