Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: [Version 3.x] Campaign Issues

Trig's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: [Version 3.x] Campaign Issues

Quote Originally Posted by ReflexNor View Post
    Hi

I just installed the 3.4 version and then tried (not realy sure if it worked) to patch it to 3.4.1. I came to the ACW in-game menu, but when i startet a campaign the "Empire: total war has stopped working" just popped up. i have tryed unstalling the hole sh!t again but the same thing happend. Plz help
    Go here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-Instructions

click banner for ModDB page and all ACW versions download links

Hey guys,

I’m not sure if this is the right thread for my question but i give it a go. On my last campaign, which i started with a fresh installation of ACW 3.5, i was just about to conquer Jackson Mississippi when the confederacy traded the region with the Dutch for a Trade agreement. I've seen strange moves like that on a normal Empire campaign but it struck me as kinda wrong in a Civil war mod. I was about to reinstall Empire and ACW but thought better of it and wanted to ask you first. Is this behavior intended or did something go amiss during the installation?

Quote Originally Posted by Xipotec View Post
    I was about to reinstall Empire and ACW but thought better of it and wanted to ask you first. Is this behavior intended or did something go amiss during the installation?
    Neither. We're not happy if this happens, nor is anything wrong with your install. It's just stupid AI being stupid AI and not a whole lot we can do about it currently, but we're looking into the issue.

Thanks for the quick answer, Trig. I'll start a new campaign and hope it won't happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by Xipotec View Post
    Thanks for the quick answer, Trig. I'll start a new campaign and hope it won't happen again.
    Hope is probably all we got at this point... Maybe a good startpos editor could tweak diplomacy so that they'd be mroe passive. Unfortunately we dont't have anyone who knows how to edit the startpos...

For vanilla ETW
    Before i patched, i never got a *poff* [your armies was teleported because the region you were invading was sold],
    this in spite of easier regions trading when it is not under attack.
    it came with the patch, so perhaps the answer can be found by comparing diplomacy before/after patch
    My 6 2nd rates routed in horror from 1 brig + 1 5th rate on auto-resolve....

I followed the install instructions exactly but I'm having the same problem I had the last time I tried this mod - no ships anywhere, I don't seem to be able to recruit any ships at all. I also had other weird little issues (mainly with generals, like Ulysses having no portrait) which I assume I'm probably going to run into again...

am I missing something? is there a building I need to construct before I can recruit ships or should they be available immediately from the beginning of a campaign?

edit: ah, think I might've fixed it somehow. Got ships, yay! think it might have been an issue to do with the 'Warpath' campaign files or whatever.

edit two: ugh nope, think I've got other bugs now.....like no union militia units. And the ship units have no names.
    Last edited by deeviusnz; July 08, 2014 at 06:10 AM.

Yeah I cant even complete a campaign for 2 years Ive had this mod roughly. Since then Ive had over 1000 battle crashes and around 200 campaign crashes. No way to fix it. Today I just won a heavily outnumbered battle and I went to end the turn, CSA raids a few villages then crashes. Every ing time. Getting to the point I just wanna chuck my pc out the window. I would give a crash log but Im not sure where they are located. Please guys I need help.

Default Re: [Version 3.2] Campaign Issues

For some reason my game crashes when my campaign loads. Please Help!!!!

Default Re: [Version 3.2] Campaign Issues

For some reason when I start the campaign my game crashes please help!

Foederatus

I have a strange situation on the 3.6 version, who looks like a bug. I'm the Confederation, when ends of build the Presidencial Palace on Richmond (turn 43), dissapear the list of "available units". If I destroy the Palace, the unit list returns.

I add a pic from my game, my words maybe confuse you

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Hmm... that was a 3.5 bug, thought it was removed in 3.6

New to this mod, blown away by the commitment and attention to detail. Just want to report that doing a clean install all the way up to 3.6 and using the 3.6 startpos with starting army files, diplomacy and trade seem a little funny. A lot of foreign trade ministers simply say "Missing String" - usually when they straight up don't want to trade with me (as Union). And pretty much most minors don't feel like trading.

Trading itself seems seems funny, only generating 9 coin a turn on trade agreement income - it's been so long since I've really played ETW I don't know if that's normal or buggy behavior so I wanted to bring it up in hopefully the relevant thread.

Yea, we know trade and diplomacy are wonky. We never touched them in the first place, so no idea why...

I'm getting an immediate CTD when starting a campaign or a quick battle. The loading screen comes up, and before any progress is made, CTD with the "Empire: Total War has stopped responding" error message. Does it for both Warpath and RTI maps, US and CS.

I'm running 3.6, finally got the game to launch after reinstalling everything about 10 times.
    Last edited by Severino; July 01, 2015 at 11:38 PM.

***Never mind, seems the problem was actually with my mouse and just coincidentally started happening when I started the game ***
    Last edited by Tyelkormo; January 27, 2016 at 03:37 PM.

Ok so I downloaded the mod and followed all of the directions corectly multiple times, but whenever I launch the game from the ACW3 Launcher and try to the the warpath campaign it loads for a second then it makes me go back to the main menu.
    Also, should I be launching the game with the launcher every time, or just by opening up Empire Total War as when I do that the game crashes immediately right after I load in

Quote Originally Posted by HDMI-KE View Post
    Ok so I downloaded the mod and followed all of the directions corectly multiple times, but whenever I launch the game from the ACW3 Launcher and try to the the warpath campaign it loads for a second then it makes me go back to the main menu. Also, should I be launching the game with the launcher every time, or just by opening up Empire Total War as when I do that the game crashes immediately right after I load in
    Campaign works perfectly fine here. You must have missed a step. Didn't select Warpath in launcher. Or launched as US then tried to run a CS campaign. Or something such.

What about the crash at turn 25?

Hi, I am enjoying every second of this mod, cred to you guys and the countless hours you have spent on making this great piece.

But it does crash!

I am on Win10 64b, have a rock solid pc. 2x970 cards and 16gig of memory.

The game rolls on for a few rounds, and then it crashes during battles.

Exits to desktop with the message of "Empire has stopped working" (I run the 3.6.2 installer, both mod and steam on administrator and without for trying, and have clicked Zone of recruitment)

Can you assist me, guys?

The error details in the event log are these:
    Programnavn med feil: Empire.exe, versjon: 1.5.0.0, tidsangivelse: 0x4b74239d
    Modulnavn med feil: Empire.exe, versjon: 1.5.0.0, tidsangivelse: 0x4b74239d
    Unntakskode: 0xc0000094
    Feilforskyvning: 0x00460156
    Feil prosess-ID: 0x620
    Feil starttid for program: 0x01d15f86e194044a
    Feil programbane: D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\Empire.exe
    Feil modulbane: D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\Empire.exe

and

Programnavn med feil: Empire.exe, versjon: 1.5.0.0, tidsangivelse: 0x4b74239d
    Modulnavn med feil: mss32.dll, versjon: 7.2.6.0, tidsangivelse: 0x49efbdd2
    Unntakskode: 0xc0000005
    Feilforskyvning: 0x0002eaa9
    Feil prosess-ID: 0x26e4
    Feil starttid for program: 0x01d164f6328dd77b
    Feil programbane: D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\Empire.exe
    Feil modulbane: D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\mss32.dll