Thread: Mumakil build bug **FIXED** Download here

Default Mumakil build bug **FIXED** Download here

**********SOLVED***********

Ok guys, here's my little inelegant fix for the Mamukil problem:

http://www.filedropper.com/data

This fix will allow you to build "Mamukil Drill Squares" in settlements with the "Mamukil" resource.
    Mamukil Drill Squares will be unlocked after the "Barracks Event"
    Mamukil Drill Squares requires "Fortress" or "Large City"

This means that as soon as the Barracks Event occurs you may build Mamukil Drill Squares in Umbar.
    You may build Mamukil Drill Squares in Castle_Settlements now! (this was previously impossible)

1.) Unzip into your Third Age directory (..\MTW2\mods\Third_Age_3\)
    2.) delete map.rwm from (..\MTW2\mods\Third_Age_3\data\world\maps\base)
    3.) Play the game!

This fix is for vanilla TATW 3.1

It is save game compatible (if you load a Harad game and have passed the Barracks event, you can now build Mamukil Drill Squares in Umbar!)

Enjoy!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

**CHANGES**
    Gave Umbar and Ammu Khand the Mumakil resource (They had elephant sprites in their region but no real elephants)

Changed prerequisite for Mamukil Drill Square to require Large_Stone_Walls or Fortress AND can only be built after Barracks Event.
    Last edited by Ben.EEeee; May 23, 2012 at 07:31 AM.

Default Re: How to solve Mamukil build bug?

Does no one know?

Kiliç Alì's Avatar Domesticus
    Artifex

I am not sure of what you have done, but theese are the levels of cities (from descr_settlement_mechanics):
    <level name="village" base="300" upgrade="1500" min="250" max="1800"/>
    <level name="town" base="1500" upgrade="4000" min="250" max="4500"/>
    <level name="large_town" base="4000" upgrade="12000" min="250" max="12500"/>
    <level name="city" base="12000" upgrade="26000" min="250" max="27000"/>
    <level name="large_city" base="26000" upgrade="28000" min="250" max="38000"/>
    <level name="huge_city" base="28000" min="250" max="55000"/>
    "Huge City" is the max, so if Umbar is not the max, you cannot build the training Grounds there.

Member of the Imperial House of Hader, proud client of The only and sole Ferrit

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Look into descr_strat.txt
    Umbar must have the resource elephants, but currently there's no elephants there:
    Code:
    resource elephants, 263,    37  ;gobel
    resource elephants, 370, 62  ;khand
    resource elephants, 320, 44  ;harad
    resource elephants, 196, 11  ;south umbar
    Start the game, enter the strat map, open the console, put the marker at an open space in Umbars region, type show_cursorstat and write down the numbers you get.
    Go back to descr_strat.txt and add this
    Code:
    resource elephants, 263, 37 ;gobel
    resource elephants, 370, 62 ;khand
    resource elephants, 320, 44 ;harad
    resource elephants, 196, 11 ;south umbar
    resource elephants, XXX, YY ;umbar
    Delete map_rwm to make the engine understand the change and start a new game and I hope we're game.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by Kiliç Alì View Post
    I am not sure of what you have done, but theese are the levels of cities (from descr_settlement_mechanics):

"Huge City" is the max, so if Umbar is not the max, you cannot build the training Grounds there.
    Umbar starts maxed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi
    Look into descr_strat.txt
    Umbar must have the resource elephants, but currently there's no elephants there:
    Code:
    resource elephants, 263, 37 ;gobel resource elephants, 370, 62 ;khand resource elephants, 320, 44 ;harad resource elephants, 196, 11 ;south umbar
    Start the game, enter the strat map, open the console, put the marker at an open space in Umbars region, type show_cursorstat and write down the numbers you get.
    Go back to descr_strat.txt and add this
    Code:
    resource elephants, 263, 37 ;gobel resource elephants, 370, 62 ;khand resource elephants, 320, 44 ;harad resource elephants, 196, 11 ;south umbar resource elephants, XXX, YY ;umbar
    Delete map_rwm to make the engine understand the change and start a new game and I hope we're game.
    That merely places the resource sprite on the map I think - the resource declaration in desc_region seems to be the real source.

I didn't know about the map_rwm, I'll go test it. Thanks.

Ah yes, deleting map_rwm did the trick, there was no need to edit descr_strat.txt

Thanks Ngugi. +REP

Now, to make it balanced by forcing Mumakil Drill Squares to be buildable only after the barracks event and not after turn 1.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Ah, haven't worked with resources myself before, but good then the map_rwm was our missing piece of the puzzle

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Default Re: Mamukil build bug **FIXED** Download here

**********SOLVED***********

Ok guys, here's my little inelegant fix for the Mamukil problem:

http://www.filedropper.com/data

This fix will allow you to build "Mamukil Drill Squares" in settlements with the "Mamukil" resource.
    Mamukil Drill Squares will be unlocked after the "Barracks Event"
    Mamukil Drill Squares requires "Fortress" or "Large City"

This means that as soon as the Barracks Event occurs you may build Mamukil Drill Squares in Umbar.
    You may build Mamukil Drill Squares in Castles now! (this was previously impossible)

1.) Unzip into your Third Age directory (..\MTW2\mods\Third_Age_3\)
    2.) delete map.rwm from (..\MTW2\mods\Third_Age_3\data\world\maps\base)
    3.) Play the game!

This fix is for vanilla TATW 3.1

It is save game compatible (if you load a Harad game and have passed the Barracks event, you can now build Mamukil Drill Squares in Umbar!)

Enjoy!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

**CHANGES**
    Gave Umbar and Ammu Khand the Mumakil resource (They had elephant sprites in their region but no real elephants)

Changed prerequisite for Mamukil Drill Square to require Large_Stone_Walls or Fortress AND can only be built after Barracks Event.
    Last edited by Ben.EEeee; May 23, 2012 at 02:36 AM.

In castles? I think that's a bit overkill, you are going to have more Mumakil than Gondor has Gondor Infantry. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Wizad View Post
    In castles? I think that's a bit overkill, you are going to have more Mumakil than Gondor has Gondor Infantry. lol
    To be clear: In castle_towns. You will still need to upgrade them to fortresses before you can build Mumakil though. That should take 200+ turns without cheats.

Previously it was impossible to get Mumakils from Castle_towns because you needed Citadels to build Mumakil Drill Squares which were impossible to get because they were only available to Gondor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben.EEeee View Post
    To be clear: In castle_towns. You will still need to upgrade them to fortresses before you can build Mumakil though. That should take 200+ turns without cheats.

Previously it was impossible to get Mumakils from Castle_towns because you needed Citadels to build Mumakil Drill Squares which were impossible to get because they were only available to Gondor.
    I think that was something that was overlooked with the addition of the custom settlements since they use a specific town/castle lvl ... and those levels become inaccesible to other settlements ... can't blame the devs ... because every time they add a major feature like this in order to eliminate those lets say "bugs" they have to recheck every file make the apropriate corrections which is a long a tedious work to do i think ...

Quote Originally Posted by Avelon View Post
    I think that was something that was overlooked with the addition of the custom settlements since they use a specific town/castle lvl ... and those levels become inaccesible to other settlements ... can't blame the devs ... because every time they add a major feature like this in order to eliminate those lets say "bugs" they have to recheck every file make the apropriate corrections which is a long a tedious work to do i think ...
    Yeah, I'm not blaming the devs, I love this mod. But as I said somewhere else before Harad without Mumakil is like 300 without Spartans.

I couldn't find a fix and made one myself

Good job then, have some rep!