Thread: Naval Range

Default Naval Range

So I've been playing as Vichy France at the eastern coast of Asia (using the random scenario mod) and I've just defeated Argentina in a war. However, they joined the Axis shortly after they declared war on me, and their surrender caused them to go into exile. It's quite annoying because the land that I annexed only gives me around 50% of the IC it actually supports on the strictest occupation. I decided to try to conquer where they are exiled, but they are exiled in the southern tip of South America, and there is no island in the Pacific Ocean that I could possibly capture that would be in naval range to land an invasion there. This has been my first serious game and I'm so far only familiar with land techs. Is there any techs or other ways in which I can increase my naval range or is there just any way in which I can land an invasion force there? Also is it possible to defeat a country in exile without having to defeat the entire faction, because the faction leader is the U.S.A. and they control almost all of South America and Mexico. I doubt I could defeat their 500 brigade army and get past their vast navy...

Also one more question. I allied with my neighbor, the Dominican Republic because I was too weak when I first started off to actually conquer anything, and currently our private alliance is at war with Tibet. I've been hoping to annex the Dominicans because they are the only thing blocking me from the largest portion of land that I have conquered. It gets quite annoying having to ferry divisions and waiting months for them to actually travel through the frozen land where if I just conquered them I can deploy my units on my border instantly. Now Tibet is a problem because they have been at war with me and the Dominicans for over 2 years now and all that is happening is that the Dominicans and the Tibetans have just piled large piles of divisions onto the small border they share and it is just a complete stalemate. Nothing is happening and I can't break my alliance with the Dominicans because of this. That means that I cannot actually declare war on them and secure their land. Is there any way to break this alliance relatively easily, and if not, how would I edit the game files to do this?

TheBromgrev's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: Naval Range

Not possible to increase the range of transport ships. Your only option is to find an ally near where they're exiled and rebase to your ally.

You can't defeat a nation in exile if they're in a faction without defeating the entire faction. Stupid game mechanic.

You can edit the Dominicans out of your alliance by changing your save. First find your save game, then make a backup copy just in case. The save can be opened with any text editor. Before you open the save try to remember if you asked for the alliance or if they did. This affects what you'll be looking for. If you asked for the alliance search for second="DOM" until you find something that looks like this:

alliance = {
    first="VIC"
    second="DOM"
    start_date=1936.1.1
    end_date=1944.10.11
    }

If they asked you for an alliance the order will be switched and you'll want to look for first="DOM".

Thanks!

So I annexed the Dominicans in 2 months, but I took all their VP's so fast that I did not think about conquering the chunk of land that belonged to exiled Argentina from them because they also got some occupied land from that war. As soon as they surrendered a gigantic blob of U.S.A. occupied Argentinian land just appeared out of that. God damnit.

mattgoby's Avatar Campidoctor

This seems to be as good a place as any to ask, whilst i've never tried it myself, how can you move troops to Europe from america? When my ships don't have enough range to travel that distance?

[Btw i have never tried this i'm just wondering]
    "some people say the iraq war is unnessasary, however i disagree its good practise in case one comes along that we need to fight, just in case the germans have another go"-AL MURRAY

"us british our world war champions of the world"-AL MURRAY

The Vengur's Avatar Bloodthirsty Lunatic

Range doesn't matter when it's a one way transport, load your men, rebase to target, then rebase home and do it again untill all troops are across (once moved my entire "Eagle" Army Group over, 1.3 million men and 120 planes).
    Quote Originally Posted by trance View Post
    I might have inherited the stature and alcohol consumption of our ancestors, but Vengur got the ruthless, psychopathic bloodlust.
    Quote Originally Posted by s.rwitt View Post
    New rule: -one player each session will be designated the "Vengur Handler". It is like a dog handler in real life but you have to also pay attention to where his weapon is pointed at all times, make sure he does not have access to a parachute while in a chopper, keep him from running into buildings which the rest of the squad is currently suppressing, etc. An AGM/ACE compatible leash has been added to VAS.

But for that you would need a friendly port. I've seen a video where some guy playing as Germany landed his armies onto the eastern coast of the US. How could he have done that?

Greenland?
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

The Vengur's Avatar Bloodthirsty Lunatic

Quote Originally Posted by liverpool View Post
    But for that you would need a friendly port. I've seen a video where some guy playing as Germany landed his armies onto the eastern coast of the US. How could he have done that?
    Island hopping (Azores-Bermuda), south america or perhaps Greenland.
    Quote Originally Posted by trance View Post
    I might have inherited the stature and alcohol consumption of our ancestors, but Vengur got the ruthless, psychopathic bloodlust.
    Quote Originally Posted by s.rwitt View Post
    New rule: -one player each session will be designated the "Vengur Handler". It is like a dog handler in real life but you have to also pay attention to where his weapon is pointed at all times, make sure he does not have access to a parachute while in a chopper, keep him from running into buildings which the rest of the squad is currently suppressing, etc. An AGM/ACE compatible leash has been added to VAS.