Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Complete English Text for CoW 1.5.1

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: Complete English Text for CoW 1.5.1

Gigantus as you might know I have your version of the mod, should I use this one or this one? http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=415508
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    IMPORTANT

• This set of files is for the original Call of Warhammer 1.5.1 - Rage of dark gods has got these files included in their own patch.
    • The Russian patch 1.5.1 is not compatible with the Rage of dark Gods installation of mine. I have adapted the Russian patch and it is available in the installation thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    Gigantus as you might know I have your version of the mod, should I use this one or this one? http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=415508

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Hey Gigantus, first of all thank you for the great work. Secondly, I have a problem because i downloaded the 7-zip files from the german thread that you linked (since your initial link did not work anymore ) and now i have a game in part english, part german, i would very much love if you could give a hint of what i should/could do, thx in advance (ps i am running the 1.5.1 version of rage of dark gods)

Blog Entries

Make a back up of the data\text folder and then delete all STRING.BIN files in it. That will force the game to generate files with the content of the TXT files.

The link in my 'optional' section was not visible as it wasn't underlined, I corrected that, thanks. It will get you here were you get the latest version. If all fails after backing up, delete the content of the data\text folder and then download from the page I linked and use those files.

will try later today, thx very much

Ohh by the way, i'm trying to convert the game to complete english the "delete STRING.BIN" worked, sort of, now the game is in complete german, but i'll download the mod with english files and copy them to to the text folder

Works like a charm thank you ever so much

Blog Entries

One is glad to be of service

I need help please.....

Okay, I'm not a nooby at this sort of thing, I followed the intrustions as detailed as possible.....

I downloaded the 1.5 easy to install torrent file with all part of Rage of Dark Gods 1.5, and once I played it like that....all was good, everything was in english, but I experienced several bugs playing the game and so I decided to use the latest path you guys had..... the 1.5.1 patch....

the instructions were simple....simply unrar and copy and paste it to my warhammer folder....it was easy and it seemed to work....but when I played it again....most of hte game is in english thankfully, but when events pop up or special request such as changing assassination on/off, all of it is in russina....

and so I went here in hopes of finding a solution....I did what you said....download...unrar....paste it in folder....but when I still play it agian...its still in russian....

Did i do something wrong? I need help I really enjoy this mod alot

Vossie's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by saberslash127 View Post
    I need help please.....

Okay, I'm not a nooby at this sort of thing, I followed the intrustions as detailed as possible.....

I downloaded the 1.5 easy to install torrent file with all part of Rage of Dark Gods 1.5, and once I played it like that....all was good, everything was in english, but I experienced several bugs playing the game and so I decided to use the latest path you guys had..... the 1.5.1 patch....

the instructions were simple....simply unrar and copy and paste it to my warhammer folder....it was easy and it seemed to work....but when I played it again....most of hte game is in english thankfully, but when events pop up or special request such as changing assassination on/off, all of it is in russina....

and so I went here in hopes of finding a solution....I did what you said....download...unrar....paste it in folder....but when I still play it agian...its still in russian....

Did i do something wrong? I need help I really enjoy this mod alot
    Some events are still in Russian. It's not 100% converted to English.

The Assassination should be English tho.. I suppose something went wrong when you updated to 1.5.1.

A clean install of the mod could help. ( Update to 1.5.1 )
    Imperium Romanum

Quote Originally Posted by Vossie View Post
    Some events are still in Russian. It's not 100% converted to English.

The Assassination should be English tho.. I suppose something went wrong when you updated to 1.5.1.

A clean install of the mod could help. ( Update to 1.5.1 )
    would you happen to know how to do a clean install of the mod again?

I tried before, but since there is no un-install programm with my game, all i could do is delete the file, but sadly the data within the file (saves/data/stuff) will come back once i install it again....

you wouldn't happen to know how to do a clean install would you?

Vossie's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by saberslash127 View Post
    would you happen to know how to do a clean install of the mod again?

I tried before, but since there is no un-install programm with my game, all i could do is delete the file, but sadly the data within the file (saves/data/stuff) will come back once i install it again....

you wouldn't happen to know how to do a clean install would you?
    The uninstall.exe is in my main folder of Medieval II. Anyways you should check C:\Users\"YourUserNameHere"\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Call_of_Warhammer
    Delete that folder and it should be "clean". Hope that helps.

PS: The Appdata folder is a hidden folder.
    Imperium Romanum

I have this same problem (all pop up event text is in russian) done clean install a few times. looked in that virtualstore folder and theres no sega file there when I delete the mod however it still comes up with my previous saves when I reinstall so they are hiding somewhere.
    but where?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123