Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ressurecting,Reborning or Coming Back anyway i will try

Foederatus

Default Re: Ressurecting,Reborning or Coming Back anyway i will try

I would absolutely love if the factions that were in the mod were these: Macedonians, Persians, Greek Colonies of italy, Italian Cities (not rome), Syracuse (even then it was powerfull), Epirotes (a mixing of Hellenes and Illyrians), Illyrians, Thracians, Dacians, Scythinas, (and maybe Sarmatians,) Free Easterners, Indians, Free Egyptians, Greek Colonies Of Africa, and last but not least, the northeastern Celts (above Illyiria and Dacia).
    But will the mod be as realistic as Roma Surrectum 2, no art recycled from rome total war?

MarkusAntonius's Avatar Tiro

So Homies long time no see. but i'm still here and the project still alive and working. two days ago i've sucessfully changed the indian cities. was very strange to attack indians in egyptian cities. so i've changed them for the eastern cities models. that are more red and had that " Indus Valley civilization " feel. now just changing or trying to the egyptian governors house and other buildings. and Yes in egypt the egyptian cities still having the egyptian models but as they are persian ruled they have persian buildings so i've miraculously kept the originality of the game. This mod will be released. can be sure of this my next plans are to add a Diadochi post alexander campaign the only problem is that i don't know how to start. i already have the map and the cities even the units. but i'm lost in what to script and what to be changed to add new factions in regions and characters for them like ptolemy,cassander,crateros and others.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Depends on what date you wanted to start Diadochoi campaign it is very messy

323 BC few time after alexander's death and the Partition of babylon. probably add 4 new factions. seleucids,ptolemies,indo greeks and lisimachids. macedonians already in game indians and barbarians too. so the only ones who will disapear will probably be the persians

323 is very messy you have Perdiccas as regent, Antipater in Makedon, Lysimachos in Thrace, Asia Minor; Antiginos, Eumenes, Cassander, Philotas, Leonatos and Seleukos is commander of Companions with no satrapy as yet. the rest of Asia is even worse, at this point noone has carved out any large territorial holdings

I suggest a slightly later start date. I would also have a Spartan faction and some sort of independent Greek poleis faction. And the Mauryans ...I imagine you can borrow many units from various mods

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Good news MA. I suggest the starting date in 312 BC after the battle of Gaza and Seleukos recapture of Babylon. I think it will be interesting starting position. What do you think?

yes will be something about this time. about new factions i think macedonians,seleucids,lisimachids,ptolemies and indo greeks will be to much to add. the rest can be imagined as rebels. and units i think i will at least retexture the basic greek ones for every faction. maybe add some new one for each faction but not too much. because i don't know how much the game and the engine can handle about this. i don't want to risk add dozens and have a big crash. so it will be something very simple. a sequel campaign with new factions. and i don't even know if i will be able to do this as i have no idea of what scripts to change.

Do you require some historical sources, both ancient and modern?

Wow, it's a relief to see some progress report as I still haven't seen a total overhaul for Alex-TW. RTW and BI already have total overhauls from mods yet RTW Alexander still doesn't. It puzzles me.

EDIT: +Rep
    炸鸡

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

This is looking really great so far Just one my decire/wish concerning units/grafic: could you make the persian and indian chariots four horsed?

i've already tried once. but don't worked. got a CTD every time i tried to play with them. so will be the 2 horses chariots of always. now i'm trying to make the persians a little more agressive and real fighters. because their cowardice is destroying the fun of the battles. they attack and in less than minutes retreat. so i will try to make them stand a little more. and make the chariots charge instead of act like mounted peltasts. shooting and running. what i think is ridiculous. most of all chariots are made for charge in infantry. actually is only the persians cause the indian chariots are no missile so they really charge. i know the achaemenids were knew for cowardice. playing those battles i feel myself like those greeks cursing them for only shooting and not fighting. but there is no fun in playing this way so i will try to change.

Fourth Age: Total War uses four horsed Chieftain’s Wains for Chiefdom of Rhûn. If you find that model useful you could ask developers permission to use it.

Screenshots:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

freyreuxine13's Avatar Libertus

It would be cool if the Hypaspists will look like the one in the Alexander film (2004).

yes. actually i'm basing everything i can on that film. i'm basing in what i believe is real. and see greek soldiers rotten in a desert or in a tropical forest full of mosquitoes. is more realist than images decipiting them as heroic in almost every moment. about the chariots. i've already asked too much permissions. and i don't know if i will receive all of them. so i'm avoiding it now. and anyway the chariot models are for four horses. i don't know why the engine didn't accepted. and about the last post. i didn't whant to offend the persians. i've believe that this movies like alexander and 300 are nice and well made. but in a point they want to decipt the greeks as heroic westerns crushing the savage and depraved eastern persians. and in my mind this is racism. the same as people saying aliens build the maya and egyptian pyramids or the zigurats. but never say they build the parthenon or the colosseum. i'm mean they are saying that native americans,nilotic egyptians or eastern arabic were not capable to do that at that time. and to stop this kind of **** . i decided to make the persians and the indians playable. so to those who think like me and respect this once glorious peoples being able to play with them. it's an alexandrian campaign but i will try to make it equal for everyone. maybe now zoroastrians, parsis and hindus will be able to play without have to destroy their ancestors. good luck people. se ya soom with news.

NEW PICS i'm talking too much promissing too much. but showing not so to show i'm really working and that this mod is real. here it is some pics of gaugamela

Alexander

battlefront

Immortals

Phalanx

OBS: this is what i told about the chariots, why i hate they behavior see this... shamefull. totaly stop in front of the phalanx,archers,cavalry

Darius being chased by alexander part 1

Darius being chased by alexander part 2

" Run to the end of the world you coward you will never run far enough " Alexander, October 1, 331 BC

i hope you all liked. see ya soom
    Last edited by MarkusAntonius; December 22, 2012 at 05:38 PM.

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Excellent work!!! Alexander is getting piece by piece all the glory he deserves!!

freyreuxine13's Avatar Libertus

wow, nice one. can you make the cape of the companion cavalry a little bit longer?

hi people unfortunatelly now i came with some bad news. this week i tried some big things like add a custom campaign, add a new faction "Epirus" to ambrakia and taras, add some titles like basileus,shah,pharaoh,satrap and make a small campaign of phyrrus using sons of mars map. but unfortunatelly none of this attempts worked. all end with a CTD. i've tried to add pirates and amazons too but the script or the game itself seems to be at it's maximum of units. i blame the engine for most of them but some may have been my knowledge in scripting that is basic to medium. So we all will have to accept a campaign with only alexander and as i said persians and indians playable. now i will try to add a few ancillaries like tiger, parrot, crocodille, elephant and baktrian, nubian, italian, indian turncoats, amazons, tribes of india etc... something to make the game more original. to remind the lands were he once walked and the world he lived. more ideas for ancillaries i'm hearing ?. but i didn't gave up i still have hope to add a Epirus to have some fun in italy. and maybe a prequel campaign with philip of macedon. that i would need a small map of greece or a cut of the game map. but i' know nothing of mapping or moddeling. thanks for the help you all are giving people. merry christmas and happy new year for you all.

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

do you think amazons would be a good addition?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast