Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ressurecting,Reborning or Coming Back anyway i will try

MarkusAntonius's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Ressurecting,Reborning or Coming Back anyway i will try

good news homies. i succesfully added camel riders to be recruited by the caravans. now the battles will have a more desertic feel. now i will try to add amazons. and nubians for the world became more realist, exotic and legendary as alexander saw.

Clagius's Avatar Campidoctor

I suggest to ask a permission to continue this mod before you do anything. (Unless you were part of the team before?)

Ferres already gave me his permission to use his models and textures in game. most of the models in game are his ones. still the rs2 permission for textures and horses and res gestae for some units. the mod have some units of tanvabara, darius and variag that i need to ask permission. but now only the portraits and unit cards are missing for the mod to be complet.

hey you know whenever i see that actor who played antony in any movie, the first thing i think is
    "i shall not rise from this bed until ive somthing!"

always makes me laugh. anyways, are you adding new traits and anciliarys to enhance the rpg feel? and whats about the buildings, it would be cool if you could add the new building models and textures from the newest version of rs2 to this, like how they reworked memphis with the sphinx and pyramids. and ai and user battle formations, to switch things up so you and the enemy aren't always in a long horizontal line.

if you still need help, id like to help out, i know how to make historical battles, made lots for fall of rome mod. mod dissapeared before i could post them though ive added wonders and units before to other mods. im trying to firgure out traits for a mod im trying to make myself.

i always been waiting for an ultimate alexander mod and thought about making it myself, but if i could help make this become ultimate, that would be fantastical.

so anywayz, cool job with what you've done so far, good luck and let me know if you need help!

hahahah yes i remenber this part (Merula come here old girl). like you i've been waiting for a descent mod for alexander too. so that's why i've decided to make this one or change this one. i accept your help in any ways you could. i've suffered but i've added the wonders in their correct places in campaign map. it's funny because last night i've added the historical battles like they say in my country "Na Cagada" or "No Chute" both slangs mean Trying in luck. but actually i don't know if it's perfect because i did adding the vanilla files and changing the menu what caused the appearence of 2 custom battle options. and about RS2 yep. i think the mod already have to much things from them Horses, Environments and Textures. i believe if it have more will be more hard to have permission. see yah.
    Last edited by MarkusAntonius; August 05, 2012 at 11:43 AM.

mgabor27's Avatar Tiro

Good to hear this news! Support you!

You also need a permission to use Rise of Persia map.

I Good Luck With This Ive been waiting a long time to play this . Get those permission first to release this beautiful mod.

Rise of persia. well if i need to ask their permission them i shall do it with all respect. but i've didn't think in ask permission for things already in the vanilla mod. only for things that i've added from other mods " With no offense to rise of persia team and other ones " its just a mod for a mod with no intent to steal anybody's work.
    Last edited by MarkusAntonius; August 16, 2012 at 12:11 AM.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

You'll get yourself in trouble if you don't get permission for 'anything' you personnel did not create yourself from scratch . Its courtesy to ask for somebody's work, so good luck in getting permissions

Don't get me wrong, mate. I am a huge fan of the period, and if you truly are trying to resurrect this project, I will be sure looking forward to it. I just wanted to make sure you'll have those permissions, just so there wont be any unnecessary misunderstandings.

yes man no problem. i will ask their permission soon. i heard what happened to total overhaul. i hope not make the same mistake. and more news i've changed the " Great " unit. now alexander will have a more classical heroic face. be sure will not be Collin Farrell or Richard Burton's or anny other Hollywoodian face. and the cloak is now red

Sounds good. Could you possibly show us the new Alexander unit?

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Yes please show...what's wrong with purple?

Purple is ... strange for an army. I believe not even an army of Models led by Brüno would wear Purple. rsrsrs it's very Vanilla. i don't know how purple came in their mind. A Red Cloak is more Heroic and Realistic, A More Battle color. Almost every deciption of Alexander i've seen his Cloak is Red. and Now he will be old " More Mature " as he never passed his 30's. at least in the portrait.

Awesome, fantastic job Markus Antonius. You know when it will be possible to download this mod and to be able to play with him?. Thanks

Foederatus

Hello.

I am enrirely new to moding and have been playing rome total war and it's mods for only a year and a half (has it been that long already). I love all the mods of rome total war, and Bi but I have not seen much for Alexander Expasion. The point is that when i first saw megas alexandros I began to be very interested in it, and it was the reason that I chose to get alexander Expansion in the first place.But after finding that it did not have much else besides a beter map and buggs which had been fixed. I began to further search and then I found Alexander Total overhaul. It Is much like Roma Surrectum 2 actualy, and I personaly believe roma surrectum to to one of the two best mods ever made, the other being Europa Barbarorum, (I don't wish to offend any other mods, but considering that I prefer historical acuracy, these two are my favorite.) Enyway, I havent played Alexander Total Overhaul much at all (which I perhaps should). The reason why I am making this comment is to ask what Megas Alexandros is going to become about: gameplay, historical accuracy, realistic art (one of my favorite), economy and construction (my absolute favorite), or is it at the best circumstance going to become a mixing of all these qualities.
    My second reason for making this comment is to say thank you for the fact that you are trying to create a beter mod for rome total war Alexander Expansion.
    My third reason for making a comment is to ask whether or not you will be working with other modmakers, to try to create, a mod that his a considerable amount of diversity in units nad buildings. It would be good if you were to include units from Persian Invasion, Rise of Persia, Hegemony City states, Extended Greek Mod, Extended Cultures, Diadochi Total War, Roma Surrectum (perhaps, i am only giving ideas), Europa Barbarorum, and maybe even other mods. Of course this will all be your choice and that of your team but I must say that I supposed Alexander total war would have been better than Rome total war because of the fact that it was being made bout a time in which the great deed of great wariors and thinkers were springing fort and iluminating the world, I was disapointed t find that Alexander Expansion was not very accurate, nor was it respecting the so called barbarian factions which I personaly believe were wrongly called barbarians. If perhaps you are to add units from other mods, with the permission of he makers I mean, then perhaps this mod would entirely change the way that Alexander total war is played.
    The fourth reason why I made this comment is to talk a bit about the units that I added to Megas Alexandros after I got the mod. I added several units to the Alexander campaign and he persians, and I hope to add units to the thracians and the illyrians very soon. My point is that I wish t somehow help you in your making of this mod although I bellieve that I will be of absolutely no use whatsoever except for finding information about the particular factions and perhaps about he units. I am new to moding and I do not have the program needed to create unis for rome toal war or any of its mods.
    I also wish to ask about what factions you and you team wish to have in the new version of Megas Alexandros.

Thank you for taking the time to read this comment, and please answer.
    Sariur.

yes i had this problem too. i don't know why nobody made a descent mod for alexander after thousands for rome. every time i see dozens of nonsense ideas for mods but none about alexander. so i decided to make it myself. there manys good things i've added. but for now i will let it a surprise. for the players when start to play. i accept your help. Barbarian is a description use by a so called "Superior People" for another. even the macedonians were once called barbarians. But for me barbarian is good name. represents rebellion, break the laws and rules of some politically correct civilization. the thracians will be there, ande the illyrians and the steppe peoples too. but with new units and models different from the picture of the first page. see yah

Wow, if you get to release this and of the gameplay will be reworked with some aor's, and types of governments like EB/some other mods I forgot (Well I don't want to get too ambitious) Then this will be one of my top mods for rtw before the war of the diadochi time frame/later.

Well, I think I'm too ambitious on these thoughts.
    Last edited by BroskiDerpman; August 23, 2012 at 05:25 PM.

Icon14 Re: Ressurecting,Reborning or Coming Back anyway i will try

Quote Originally Posted by MarkusAntonius View Post

Purple is ... strange for an army. I believe not even an army of Models led by Brüno would wear Purple. rsrsrs it's very Vanilla. i don't know how purple came in their mind. A Red Cloak is more Heroic and Realistic, A More Battle color. Almost every deciption of Alexander i've seen his Cloak is Red. and Now he will be old " More Mature " as he never passed his 30's. at least in the portrait.
    Really Nice

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast