Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ressurecting,Reborning or Coming Back anyway i will try

MarkusAntonius's Avatar Tiro

Icon2 Ressurecting,Reborning or Coming Back anyway i will try

So people good news. i've been working with this mod. changing most possible and adding some new stuff and now i will try to release it. Maybe as a new mod called The Lord of Asia.

But i'm not sure if will be able to release. because there are much things from other mods and modders that will need to ask permission. and i still not tested if all the things work properly( i mean not all of the things i changed ) and still some things that i didn't or couldn't do by myself or not had time to. like all symbols,flags,new units and unit cards. so i actually tryied to make more original as i could.

ROFL Copter's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Ressurecting,Reborning or Coming Back anyway i will try

If it is possible, a release would be brilliant.

Yes I Hope so and here are my previews

ACHAEMENID ARMY :

INDIAN ARMY :

BALKAN BARBARIANS ( Dacians,Thracians) :

CAMPAIGN MAP :

So this is why i fear never be able to release this mod. Because i've used lots of units from RS2,FERRES and few things from Total Overhaul. That in my view were the most realistic ones. As i Said (tryed to make the most real possible). so i hope but i'm not sure they will give me permission. i've made this for myself to play as i'm exigent about realism. few time ago i tough maybe should share this. and try to release and see if people from TWC are interested in play too . so i promisse i will try.
    Last edited by MarkusAntonius; May 24, 2012 at 01:46 AM.

Very charming visuals! I'd like to play this for sure. But you'll need to get permission... Total Overhaul was taken down for that reason.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON

Yes. and "IF" they give me permission i will soon be recruiting people to help me with things i couldn't. like add new units and ancillaries. and things i don't have time to do with more attention like symbols,flags,and unit cards. and make a instlaller

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Beautiful battle and campaign map!!

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

To add something, maybe a new colour for Persia (like purple as in Rise of Persia), will give a fresh note. It's better when the 2 worst enemies (Macedonia and Persia) have very different colours, it adds to heat and rivalry

Can't wait for this. Get those permissions!

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Excellent work! I hope you will get the permissions you need.

About the map, just a little suggestion: Sparta was not the member of the League of Corinth, maybe it should be represented like a rebel city, maybe as independent faction. What do you think?

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Great work!

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by tomySVK View Post
    Excellent work! I hope you will get the permissions you need.

About the map, just a little suggestion: Sparta was not the member of the League of Corinth, maybe it should be represented like a rebel city, maybe as independent faction. What do you think?
    Agreed
    I think Athens should be independent also, but allied or a protectorate, same for several other Greek Polis. There is the possibility for revolt then
    Last edited by Antiokhos Euergetes; June 14, 2012 at 02:32 PM.

yes dudes and it is a rebel city. this picture was taken after i conquered all greece and started the expedition. so Sparta, Ambrakia and the cities in the anatolian coast except for lesbos and troy are free or persian. anyway i have good news. i've changed the colors. now Persia is dark yellow in my view to represent a more Desertic a more Eastern nation . India is dark green to represent a more tropical a more Forestal nation. the barbarians have now brown or redish colors. and the illyrians a and Macedonians are light and Dark blue to represent more Civilized nations. I've Finally changed the Symbols too. now they Are made from Symbols of Coins of each culture. to became more real. and Rebels Symbols are from the facades of Persepolis. for example The Indian Rebels have the indian deciption in the facades. and the same for the other rebels as all of the map were known by the persians. so i've incorporated more of the culture. not so greek, greek and greek as always as at the time it were the persian world the ruling culture at that area so our job is the conquer it and mix it with the greek.

Ohh i was forgotting. I Have Plans to add the Wonders and The Historical Battles. but i have no idea of how do it. so if someone could help i would thank. and will be remenbered in the credits.

Great to hear this Looking forward for more updates!

I hope that you will find people to help you. I guess that you can always ask questions at Rome Workshop if you get stuck with something.
    Good luck with the mod. Have you got permissions by now?

Yes Ferres already gave his permission. now still RS2 and Res Gestae. and more good news I've Sucessfully added the wonders back to the game. now we have at least the pyramids, the gardens and the mausoleum back to the map. i've tried to add the temple of artemis and the statue of zeus too. as they were present in the time of alexander but the game script don't acepted. so we have to be happy with at least this 3 ones. i've changed the barbarians. now only miss some UI things like cards, info, indian portraits and change some of the event pics. then i shall try to add the historical battles again. bring back the voice of brian blessed " in my view a good Actor who deserve to be remenbered in the game for his work " and later i will try to add some new units. at least an african unit for souther nile. and maybe a chinese unit for the Yuezhe desert " for the courageus ones to seem like an encounter of cultures that never happened "

I hope that you will get those other permissions. It would be huge waste not to. Nice to see wanders in the game again. And Chinese unit sound interesting too, but it seem to me that map doesn’t go so far to encounter them. Maybe I’m wrong... maybe some units protecting trading caravans could end up so far...

maybe not. but that region of central asia in the game called Yuezhe is the region of Tarim Basim the home of the Tocharians and The yuezhe. a placed that is not important at the game time and will remain unconquerable. but later that region mixed the indo greek, bactrian, nomad and later chinese culture was ruled by many of this peoples from indo greeks who made expedititions to multan. to tangs that secured their silk road. is something that i like to imagine, the influences of alexander in the far asia. togas dressing gods from roman portugal to nara japan.

The permission from Res Gestae is a little problematic now as Salvor is inactive these days. I hope he will come back soon and that he will granted the permission.

Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by tomySVK View Post
    The permission from Res Gestae is a little problematic now as Salvor is inactive these days. I hope he will come back soon and that he will granted the permission.
    Agreed this work looks promising.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast