Thread: Battle Camera REVELATION - all problems solved!

Icon3 Battle Camera REVELATION - all problems solved!

And it was so simple that I can barely believe it!
    Now we all know that we have two solutions in using battle camera in shogun, classic and debug. Both solutions have pros and cons, classic is good but it cling too close to ground. Debug is just too detached of action, has no cap in height, messes up your click on minimap. There is even one mod, which looks great (mod link) but has issue of dead slow scrolling.

Best solution the way I see it would be to use normal camera but increase cap height for 25-30%. And that is exactly what I did. Fairly simple operation, results - flawless! Fantastic! I just love the new camera, it goes somewhat higher, giving you better view of battlefield, has height cap, and acts totally normal. Again - just awesome!

Here's what you do:
    Go to Pack File Manager 2.1.5 page, download latest program, it's small exe file.

In program, go to file>open CA pack>patch20.pack. It has to be latest patch, currently it's 20 but if new patches arrive, just open one with highest number.

In pack, open db>battle_cameras_tables>battle cameras_version1
    There you will find max zoom out value. For naval it's 80, for land 50. Change value for land battle to 80 (same as naval) - it was my first try and I would say it's flawless. If you like you can decrease/increase this value when you try it out once. I recommend not to touch anything else.

Now go to options and de-check "CA packs are read only" - to be able to save your changes.

Save the file.

All done.

Profitsssss!

You are welcome.

Default Re: Battle Camera REVELATION - all problems solved!

Quote Originally Posted by Thorien Kell View Post
    And it was so simple that I can barely believe it!
    Now we all know that we have two solutions in using battle camera in shogun, classic and debug. Both solutions have pros and cons, classic is good but it cling too close to ground. Debug is just too detached of action, has no cap in height, messes up your click on minimap. There is even one mod, which looks great (mod link) but has issue of dead slow scrolling.
    I don't think that was anyone's problem to begin with m8

Players who use debug cam have no time for enjoying unit actions except for replay, and the debug cam offer much more flexibility when it come to observing actions (in game and in replay). There is no dissatisfaction with lack of cap in height because the no cap is actually what they want. Also if you use debug cam and clicking on minimap for camera jump then you doing something wrong

Classic cam is indeed too low like you said and is a problem but getting debug cam is a much simpler solution than doing all that modding

If you talking about the problem and quarrel that the community have over classic cam and debug cam, then modding it on your own is the worst solution

Edit: scrolling speed is adjustable in pref file btw.
    Last edited by VersionLangley; May 20, 2012 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VersionLangley View Post
    I don't think that was anyone's problem to begin with m8
    It was - mine, and somehow I don't think I'm the only one. I tried debug camera, indeed it offers better overview of battlefield but I just didn't like it. You seemed detached from ground features, and detail troop status. I't too easy to wonder away too high. I'm sure you can adjust to that after some time but why bother. Setting cap high as much as you like and have all benefits of a normal ingame camera that i love and I'm used to is far better solution for me. "all that modding" - 3 minutes lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorien Kell View Post
    Go to Pack File Manager 2.1.5 page, download latest program, it's small exe file.

In program, go to file>open CA pack>patch20.pack. It has to be latest patch, currently it's 20 but if new patches arrive, just open one with highest number.

In pack, open db>battle_cameras_tables>battle cameras_version1
    There you will find max zoom out value. For naval it's 80, for land 50. Change value for land battle to 80 (same as naval) - it was my first try and I would say it's flawless. If you like you can decrease/increase this value when you try it out once. I recommend not to touch anything else.

Now go to options and de-check "CA packs are read only" - to be able to save your changes.

Save the file.
    Do not do it this way.
    The "CA packs are read only" for a reason. Amongst others, the change gets overwritten when you validate file integrity (or Steam does it by itself upon updates, don't know).
    Also, it's not guaranteed that further patches won't be more strict about MP and editing original game files...

I'd suggest you download the camera zoom mod and edit that pack with the values you want.
    It contains only the battle_cameras db file so it's even easier to find than in patch20.
    Last edited by daniu; May 21, 2012 at 04:25 AM.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum