Thread: Seleucid Empire

Default Seleucid Empire

Hello!

I'm having a great time with this mod playing Julii on H/H. It's a nice change actually having to fight the gauls using formations and sneaky roman tactics, instead of just forming a line and running through them!
    Anyway, I decided to turn off the fog of war, just to see how the world was doing and WOOW! WHAT THE HELL! Seleucids have expanded west and south, wiping out Armenia, Pontus, Asia-greeks and egypt forming a huge empire! This certainly was unexpected. I'm looking forward to facing cataphracts and war elephants in battle instead of just the usual nile-folk. I was wondering, is it common to see the seleucids expanding their borders taking over the entire east? Have they been made stronger somehow, or have the egytians been weakened? Great work by the way!

Grand Duke Vytautas's Avatar Dueling it out
    Citizen

Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Universe, lol

Default Re: Seleucid Empire

Cool to know that Seleucids are so powerful in your campaign , I played like 5 full campaigns in DM already - only once were Seleucids able to forge huge empire, Ptolemaic Egypt mostly (but not always as in vanilla) dominates that region , once it was Pontus and once guess who - Armenia! :wink: (it seems random in DM which is VERY GOOD). Right now i'm into my h/h Parthian campaign, having great time battling Seleucids, although in the beginning they mostly field militia/levy phalanx which are at huge disadvantage vs trusty HAs, nevertheless I'm having tough battles, esp that now they bring along more merc, eles and ranged support. In no other mod I'm having such AI challenge as in DM!
    “Great empires are not maintained by timidity.” ― Tacitus

Default Re: Seleucid Empire

Cool... Great to know it's random which eastern super-power prevails! And thank god it isn't egypt every single time
    I guess fighting egypt now in the campaign will be less of a bore, since it's not an inevitable event anymore...