Thread: Few questions about this mod

Default Few questions about this mod

1. Why can only the greek city states recruit spartans? im macadonia and i control Sparta but i cannot train spartans.

2. For some reason it seems Macadonia gets the short end of the stick in this mod, as in they get fewer units then the GCS's do.

thx.

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

Default Re: Few questions about this mod

1) Spartans can be recruited only by GCS because that's what historically happened...

2) New units will arrive for the macedons in the new releases, if you got any idea about what can be added we would like to hear it!
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

how about silver shields for the macedonians? i saw them in the movie Alexander. the silver shield phalangites

Germanicus75's Avatar Domesticus

Hi guys!

I'm still around and still enjoying this mod. I've been trying some other mods too - TE, Darth, SPQR etc. - but XGM still has a special place in my heart and ranks as my fave slightly smaller mod.

Can you tell me which version of the Darth formations you're using in 4.0.11 and whether you have any plans to use Lt's excellent forts (freely downloadable) in XGM?

Keep up the good work! :-)

Cheers for now, Germanicus91

Cúchulainn's Avatar 我不是老外,我是野蛮人

why not have the units of all civilisations created in Sparta have a morale or experience boost or something!!

even though they are not greek spartans they are spartan men

Locky's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by jw1089
    how about silver shields for the macedonians? i saw them in the movie Alexander. the silver shield phalangites
    The silver shield, Bronze shield, and "gold" shield (foot companions). Were all Macedonian Phalanx troops. The Siliver Shield was Seleucia's elite corp of 10000 picked soldiers, who faught as the hypastastai, the Agema, the chosen unit, they faught as phalangites. They were latter re-equiped as Silver shield "legionairies", in reality it was similer to Macedons picked Agema, jhust a a different name, Macedon's were equiped as phalangites carrying a smaller shield, but were well drilled and trained, basically the Hypaspastai you see, in XGM, is what they reflect.

why not have the units of all civilisations created in Sparta have a morale or experience boost or something!!
    It can be done, i think Dimey, was planning on adding a shrine to Sparta that gave morale or experiance bonuses to troops trained there.