Thread: Modern Traditonal Army.

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

Default Modern Traditonal Army.

A mod idea of Erwin's got me thinking...

Why hasn't anyone made a mod that adds a "Line Katchi" unit? You could use the Yari Katchi model, and give them rifles. I can't do this myself, currently, but I thought I would throw this idea out there.

While we're at it, there are many ideas for units like this. A skirmishing unit that has the Matchlock Katchi model, Carbine cavalry that wear light armor, an "Assault Trooper" type thing, with good melee stats, heavy armor, and a revolver, etc.

These would be fantasy, of course, but I think they would help make a bigger difference between Traditonal and Modern Clans.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

Default Re: Modern Traditonal Army.

Lol. Don't feel like ruining the historical feeling yet, so I won't be doing this mod.....yet...maybe.

I'm assuming you saw Demonic Punisher's ninja marines?

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=531544&page=8

There is an extremely awesome unit proposal by weirdoascensor is anyone is interested.

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII

That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

Actually, Erwin, that second one is pretty close to what I was talking about. Just, minus the pack.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

I was thinking of suggesting to remove all armor parts that show lacing, specially in the do-cuirass, the sode shoulder guard and other parts. Kabuto should be those smooth zunari kabuto with minimal lacing in the neck guard.

Maybe boots as well?

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans

I..... Think I know what you mean.

the "colored silk cord thingies" on the armor, find other ones that show none of those or at least minimal.

And you explain the English word...

I don't know if you can give them boots, or mix and match armor like that. Can you? I though we weren't able to do things like that...
    Last edited by ♘Top Hat Zebra; May 20, 2012 at 01:06 AM.

The unit model is separated into helmet, crest, shoulders, torso, arms, and legs.

Of course, some parts can't be forced together, but usually we can customize these sections....

Oh. Well, that's good to know.

What about...the Traditional Modern Army?

Imperial Infantry wielding nodachis, odachis, naginata. HAHAHAHA!

Quote Originally Posted by IGdood View Post
    What about...the Traditional Modern Army?

Imperial Infantry wielding nodachis, odachis, naginata. HAHAHAHA!
    A Shaguma wearing cavalry unit wielding yari.

Indefinitely Banned
    The western part of an Island They thought a kind of Coffee...

Its page 7, not 8...

Quote Originally Posted by weirdoascensor View Post
    ...If my memory serves me right, I've posted unit suggestions at The First Page...

Well, maybe i'll make some units for this mod...Don't know if I'll have the time for it though...

I'll repeat it again: We Need Skinners.

Let me reiterate this again: We Need Skinners

Why Would We Need Skinners? For Unit Insignias, Markings, Arts, and Camoflage.

For Instance Army Star or Navy Anchor on Hats and Helmets. Rank badges on collars and shoulders. The Infamous Armbands of the Kempeitai. Ainu-patterned sheets. Joshigun Makeup removal. Warpaint application. Canvas coverings on Helmets and Breastplates. Japanese Paintings on Samurai Armor - Samurai loves to stand out...

...Talking about Standing out and get shot, Camoflage. Clever use of textures and alpha channel to transform shaguma and jinbaori into ghillie suit. Of Course, Gaudy Colorful Samurai Armors that screams Shoot Me do need an adaptation to the modern world, through Camo Pattern. Sure, it is a camo pattern, but the wearers of those particular camo are known to be feared...

Well, Im not known or used to make infantry or cavalry units, but these units are what i thought possible for now...

Oh, Do not forget that TEd release date is closing...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Repeat: Need Texturers.
    Last edited by weirdoascensor; May 20, 2012 at 02:27 AM.