Thread: How to destroy your own fortifications?

Default How to destroy your own fortifications?

I am playing the High elves and set up a new capital at Lond Angren which I proudly renamed into Angrond and thought I pillage everyone around me
    So as i was focused on that I realized that you can destroy all buildings except for roads and fortifications.
    I don't mind the roads but the fortifications really drown my troop amount and I think it would really be more realistic to make it possible to make a village out of a razed town.
    Just burn the fortifications down and get some money for doin so

So my question is, is there a workaround to it?
    Or do i have to destroy the fortifications over and over again?

smoesville's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: How to destroy your own fortifications?

Afaik, it isn't possible to downgrade the wall level of a settlement especially since wall level = town level. Only thing i can think of is to use siege weapons if you can. Also there isn't much point in constantly raiding other cities because there won't be much gain in the buildings that are rebuilt.
    Were there but a tree in this godforsaken place i would have hanged myself.

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

Welcome to the Forum.

You will be sadly disappointed, the AI sucks at building up its settlements, possibly because it is usually as bankrupt as you, and settlements around Lond Angren are all small, so the buildings in them are not worth much anyway. It will cost more in lost troops than what you gain from them.

"the AI sucks at building up its settlements, possibly because it is usually as bankrupt as you"

Because you're not using the Carl script.

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    "the AI sucks at building up its settlements, possibly because it is usually as bankrupt as you"

Because you're not using the Carl script.
    Carl script? I saw the AI building up its settlements ... quite a lot actually ... sometimes more than i could i think ...

Yeah the AI seems considerably better than I am at building up settlements, they seem to get far more population growth than I ever do and always have more money to upgrade them further.

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

I am using everything MOS has, except Immortal Heroes.

Gondolin's Avatar Tiro

The Ai is likely to go bankrout, the script help it by giving some money in order to creat unit but doesn't help it to build. If you keep destroying all building, destroying wall won't change that much ..