Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 5.1 Bugs/Issues

C_F's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: 5.1 Bugs/Issues

Hi,
    I'm new here, what a wonderful mod this is.
    Just noticed, and don't know if it has been mentioned, but when playing the German faction, the 'Muster Field' gives you Spear warband (exp1) while the upgade to 'Meeting Hall' omits the (exp1) bonus... hope you noticed and its not too late for gold ed.
    Looking forward to the new release.

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Yeah its been noted and fixed for Gold edition.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

The Black Reaper's Avatar Hell's Gate

the rebel nubian spearmen turn invisble when you scroll out...

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 4.0 GHz | CPU Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 + | Mobo: Asus m4a79xtd evo
    Ram: Corsair XMS3 2x4GB DDR3 1333 MHz | PSU: Antec Truepower 650W | GPU: Evga Geforce GTX 580

Under the Patronage of the Honorable Nicholas Rush

i was playing as armenia, and all of a sudden, without trading or bribing anything i had a city in southern persia, that the selucids declared war on

.....?

That happens. This is because Armenia are set as the faction creator of many rebel settlements in that area, so when they rebel agains the rebels, they go to Armenia. Likewise with Parthia and a lot of settlements in that area as well. Its not a bug, it happens.

Flip, i must've define dthe sprites wrong for them, easy to fix.
    Creator of:
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.

C_F's Avatar Laetus

Hi Lusted,
    Setting 'DISABLE_ARROW_MARKERS:TRUE' in the preferences.txt file will not turn the 'arrows' off. Does that have to do with the Darth mod? or am I missing something?
    Also, playing as the Britons, Rome offered me to become a protectorate, after betaying me as an ally and sieging a couple of my towns. I accepted, and I became an ally again - not a protectorate - 1.5, your mod, or my 'management skills'?

o, thanks lusted

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by C_F
    Hi Lusted,
    Setting 'DISABLE_ARROW_MARKERS:TRUE' in the preferences.txt file will not turn the 'arrows' off. Does that have to do with the Darth mod? or am I missing something?
    Also, playing as the Britons, Rome offered me to become a protectorate, after betaying me as an ally and sieging a couple of my towns. I accepted, and I became an ally again - not a protectorate - 1.5, your mod, or my 'management skills'?
    You need to edit the preferences.txt file in the Data folder.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

No, the one in the Rome - Total War\preferences folder

And your management skills, diplomacy is hardcoded.
    Creator of:

C_F's Avatar Laetus

Thanks Gaius Baltar,
    I'll try that, only funny thing is, it took all the other changes I made in the root file...

PS, @Lusted, forgot to ask, playing the Britons makes it very hard to distinguish the Britons and Gauls on the campaign map (green + light green) got me in trouble several times as glancing over the map I thought those were my troops just to get my butt kicked the next turn - I liked the 'blue' as a better contrast for the Britons - any way to change that - beware, I'm not a modder, not afraid to tinker away in files either though as long as 'no_special_tools_required=true'.
    Thanks.

C_F's Avatar Laetus

Thanks Lusted,
    it worked..

Don't worry C_F, in Gold the britons will be blue once more on the campaign map, and Gold will be fully save game compatible.
    Creator of:

The Black Reaper's Avatar Hell's Gate

i hope that gold edition fixes the ctd when you try to resize your unit!! its getting on the nerves... i was about to win a battle against those pesky numidian rebels... i hid all my cav in the forest and moved my infantry and my general to a spot where they could see them.... when a couple numidian rebels were near i sent my cav on an all out charge against them.... 2 more rebels joined the fight equaling my 3 round shield cav against 4 numidian mercenaries.... i one the skirmish and tried to resize all 3 units to make a last charge at the last 3 numidian rebels and then it ctds!!! AH most of the rebels had silver chevrons to and i my men were just recruited....

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 4.0 GHz | CPU Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 + | Mobo: Asus m4a79xtd evo
    Ram: Corsair XMS3 2x4GB DDR3 1333 MHz | PSU: Antec Truepower 650W | GPU: Evga Geforce GTX 580

Under the Patronage of the Honorable Nicholas Rush

Yes it will, don't worry.
    Creator of:

C_F's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Lusted
    Don't worry C_F, in Gold the britons will be blue once more on the campaign map, and Gold will be fully save game compatible.
    Not worried - just giving 'customer feedback' :wink: (hoping its not to late for 'gold')...

2 more things I noticed and I'll quit bugging you:

a) The unit cards of the Bireme, Trireme, Ballistae (both), Onagers, scorpoins still have the 'vanilla bright red [hull, and soldiers]'; it would be nice to match those colors to your other units (oh, the roman faction I'm talking about), again both in the description and where you click to build them...

b) battle behaviour: should I wait (for the new DM) or mention it now - as Britons, I noticed individual units seem to just suddenly 'forget' their orders and just idleing even on just a marching order - I had a warband standing between two battleing groups, I gave the order to march to assist one group and attck from behind, when I came back to them, they were still standing there and my engaged unit almost killed off - gosh I wish you could make movies during campaign battles it would be so much easier to explain what I mean...

I know you must be very busy right now, so thanks for your time reading...

When Trying to Exterminate Croton I CTD'd

I hope it autosaves immeditely after battles xD

Taelok's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Favre
    When Trying to Exterminate Croton I CTD'd

I hope it autosaves immeditely after battles xD
    If you read back earlier in the thread this has been noted before. I've had this happen to me at least 10 times now. It's not just Croton, but something to do with the Mundus Magnus map. It's best if you press escape and hit save game when you are confronted with the 'Occupy, Enslave, Exterminate' screen. This way, if it crashes, you won't have to fight that loooong siege again and can instead just choose you're option. Hope that helps :-).

Only dream I ever have. Is it the surface of the Sun?
    Everytime I shut my eyes, it's always the same.

Every time I take a settlement by besieging it until it surrenders or sometimes when I take a rebel settlement the game crashes.

I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think - Socrates
    Barbarus hic ego sum, quia non intellegor ulli - Ovidius
    The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool - William Shakespeare
    A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

Anarius's Avatar Senator

Hey, great mod, I'm busy right now conqeroring Asia Minor as Armenia. But when I attack the settlement north west,
    I get a crash. Without error message. Any idea?

Leonidas if you are having frequent CTDs in a campaign, start a new one. Or try reinstalling TE.

anarius, which city, the one north west is a bit of a vague description.
    Creator of: