Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 5.1 Bugs/Issues

Default Re: 5.1 Bugs/Issues

Lusted, I played about 100 turns of a Parthian campaign and noted a couple of things you might want to look into if you're planning another release:

-- The new eastern forts (the stone ones with big walls) are buggy -- the walls can't be battered down with rams, but the AI thinks they can, so they sit there battering with their rams (which are half inside the wall, since the wall is so much thicker than the old wooden ones). These should be replaced with the original forts -- they look great but play horribly.

-- Something is odd about the region on the south-easternmost edge of the map, it kept rebelling from the Seleucids and becoming Parthian, and giving me high-level units every time it switched (at one point four or five 'General's Bodyguard' units appeared after it had rebelled!) -- I had to ignore it and pretend it didn't exist for reasons of gameplay, didn't want any advantages vs. the Seleucids.

This was on a H/H campaign using the RTW .exe (not BI).

Oh, and I've said it before, but I'll say it again: TE is one really amazing piece of work!

First of all, i want to congratulate you , Lusted for your splendid mod, i really like it , and since my pc isn't enough powerfull to handle EB campaign , this is the only roman mod i play.

Quote Originally Posted by cherryfunk View Post
    -- Something is odd about the region on the south-easternmost edge of the map, it kept rebelling from the Seleucids and becoming Parthian, and giving me high-level units every time it switched (at one point four or five 'General's Bodyguard' units appeared after it had rebelled!) -- I had to ignore it and pretend it didn't exist for reasons of gameplay, didn't want any advantages vs. the Seleucids.
    I have the same problem :S

provinces near india and on the arabian peninsulla keep rebelling for no reason and getting to my Armenian kingdom, they have temples of my gods on them and armenian culture, wich makes no sense AT ALL becouse i have never been even close to them, im just peacefully playing on 3 armenian provinces ,paying tribute to all my allies so they dont atack me without reason (and it works ! pontus even decided to break their alliance with the allmigthy selcs for me)

however when the province rebells and joins me , i get a war with its old master, so now im at war with the selucids and the ptolomaios (sp?) the 2 superpowers of the middle east since they are not fighting each other.

kinda ugly since im the only nation at war with the selcs and thus they send they numerless infantry and elephants to my small kingdom.

History is a set of lies agreed upon.
    - Nappy B.

The only fact in history.

Mithradates's Avatar Domesticus

If you DONT play these eastern factions than this rebbelling stuff will simulate the attacks on the seleucids by their neighbours (I think)

I hope this is the right place to post.

Just downloaded and started a new campaign.
    I have installed 5.0 + the 5.1 patch + Candelarius minimod.

This is my problem: First battle against Epirus at Tarentum.
    I "attacked" Tarentum (siege), the next turn Epirus attacks me with
    two armies (the army inside the settlement and an army that comes for their rescue) - The game "freeze" at the load screen when loading bar is fully loaded and music stops playing. If i try to press a key on my keyboard the game CTD. I tried to reload my save game with the same result.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sOhei View Post
    I hope this is the right place to post.

Just downloaded and started a new campaign.
    I have installed 5.0 + the 5.1 patch + Candelarius minimod.

This is my problem: First battle against Epirus at Tarentum.
    I "attacked" Tarentum (siege), the next turn Epirus attacks me with
    two armies (the army inside the settlement and an army that comes for their rescue) - The game "freeze" at the load screen when loading bar is fully loaded and music stops playing. If i try to press a key on my keyboard the game CTD. I tried to reload my save game with the same result.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    What if you attack a different city? Just for testing purposes, attack a Gaul city with the exact same army, and see if your game freezes.

If you want, host your save-game at filefront or rapidshare and post a link here. I'll load your save-game in my game and see if I get the freeze.

I don't think it has anything to do with my mini-mod, though, since I've been playing it CTD-free for many, many turns and many battles and seiges.

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

@Candelarius: You got some missing model in your mod, I believe it was Aux cavarly.

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

@Boromir

Maybe post your problem in my thread perhaps?

But, the Aux Cav are working fine for me, I tested each and every unit out in custom battles. Are you getting an error message?

EDIT: I posted my additional answers to your question in my own thread to avoid cluttering Lusted's bug post. Cheers.
    Last edited by Candelarius; May 22, 2007 at 06:31 PM.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I withdraw from Tarentum and met the Epirote army on the field -
    so this time it was 1 on 1 and no siege involved - same result -
    the game freeze at the load screen and then i get a CTD.

I guess I have to do some experimenting here, maybe reinstall the
    mod and overwrite the old files :hm:?

Thanks for the quick reply.

I withdraw from Tarentum and met the Epirote army on the field -
    so this time it was 1 on 1 and no siege involved - same result -
    the game freeze at the load screen and then i get a CTD.

I guess I have to do some experimenting here, maybe reinstall the
    mod and overwrite the old files :hm:?
    Yeah, I would do a fresh clean install of TE 5.0, then 5.1, and then my mod. See if that helps. Because it's working fine for me. Sorry, not sure what else to say. Do you have any other mods installed perhaps? :hmmm:

If it turns out the problem is my mod (ie, regular TE works fine for you), please post your responses to this issue in my own thread so we don't clutter Lusted's vanilla bug post.

Hmm...I´m not having any luck with this mod

I reinstalled TE + the patch this time without Candelarius mini-mod.
    The first battle against rebels worked fine - in the second battle I
    tried to drag my Velites in a long single line and the game frooze again
    but this time it was in "battle setup" and not at the loading screen.

(So the first time I probably did something wrong when I installed
    Candelarius mini-mod.)

This time...well it cant be Candelarius mod so it has to be something else...?

Edit: No other mod is installed, I´m using a fresh copy of RTW.

Edit 2: Just saw this post by Lusted:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lusted View Post
    Please post any bugs or issues you find after installing the 5.1 patch for 5.0.

Known bugs/issues:

-incorrect eprius/baktria starting speeches, still referred to as brutii/scipii
    -some random freezes on dragging out formations, caused by Darths Formations mod
    -infrequent CTD when assaulting some greek cities with stone walls, fixed on reload
    -various errors with unit descriptions
    I guess I got the random freeze when dragging my Velites :-)
    Last edited by sOhei; May 22, 2007 at 07:16 PM.

I guess I got the random freeze when dragging my Velites :-)
    Never fear, Count Flip made a hotfix for the dragging issue (which I included in my mini-mod), you can download it here:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=95754

It fixes the dragging issue completely. I haven't had a single CTD with this mod yet, my friend.

Good luck!

UPDATE: I loaded a new campaign with 5.0+5.1+my mini-mod, and immediately fought three land battles and too Tarentum from the Epirotes, without a CTD. So, I'm pretty darn sure there is nothing wrong with 5.1 or my mod, you must have had a random CTD or a bad install. Try it again with a new campaign and let me know. Here's my "proof" for ya:

I think this might have been asked before, but whenever I load the game, it says, "Error loading mount database." How do I solve this?

Light of the West
    An AAR for Fourth Age Total War: The New Shadow

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Something wrong in descr_mount.txt, goalieman

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

You must have a clean RTW 1.5 install, that means no other mods installed.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Hi, I having a problem with playing the people of pontaic.(I think I spelled it wrongly).

It was going fine for a few minutes at first but then it suddenly CTD on me....
    When I tried to load the autosave, it CTD on me again.

I couldn't figure out what's the problem....and my RTW 1.5 install is clean....
    We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love... and then we return home. -Aboriginal Australian proverb

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Have you tried any other factions to see if they crash?

Quote Originally Posted by irishron View Post
    Have you tried any other factions to see if they crash?
    It fixed now, seems like my com is the problem.
    We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love... and then we return home. -Aboriginal Australian proverb

lusted, not sure if this is a bug or something i did,when te loads,the picture for the loading screen appears briefly,then the screen gos black,only the progress bar shows and a couple of coloured lines. the game otherwise plays like a dream. any thoughts?

Had a recent CTD with the Roman Republic.
    After I got the "defeat imminent" message (which means what exactly? I wasn't losing...) I sent my men to take over Carthage, to stop whatever they were doing.
    Anyway, I take over the place, and enslave the population.
    Then, CTD.

I have a clean installation of RTW 1.5, and TE 5.1. However, I didn't restart my coputer after installing. Does this has anything to do with it?

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ashkenaz View Post
    Had a recent CTD with the Roman Republic.
    After I got the "defeat imminent" message (which means what exactly? I wasn't losing...) I sent my men to take over Carthage, to stop whatever they were doing.
    Anyway, I take over the place, and enslave the population.
    Then, CTD.

I have a clean installation of RTW 1.5, and TE 5.1. However, I didn't restart my coputer after installing. Does this has anything to do with it?
    Random CTDs related to RTW. Make sure you save game often. If CTD after capturing city, then try to move some agents around, or if nothing else works, try to autoresolve the battle.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers