Default Re: [Hotseat Tavern] - The Green Dragon Inn Thread

For those intrested in WTW, here you have the main differences:

- developed cities, building and planning almost obsolete
    - growth not important, city level is fixed
    - forts
    - bigger campaign movement distance, faster pace
    - more seas
    - no spies
    Retired GS member, admin and local moderator in Hotseat Subforum. Voted best TATW admin.

Aldor's Avatar Campidoctor

For those who want to try out WTW, here are the main differences:
    - developed cities, building almost obsolete
    - growth not important, city level is fixed
    - forts
    - bigger campaign movement distance
    - more seas and ships
    - no spies
    - all in all, you get a less 'safe-feeling' as you don't know everything and many players could attack you
    Retired GS member, admin and local moderator in Hotseat Subforum. Voted best TATW admin.

I'm not sure where to post this, so I'll just post it here.

I've recently decided to drop out of around half my hotseats. I only plan to stay in one hotseat here.

I need replacement admins for Arrow's Hotseat and Shadow of the North. Neither of these hotseats has required nearly any admin action, so they would be good for someone interested in learning how to admin.

I also need a replacement for Isengard in Aldor's Hotseat. They are in a fairly good position. They are poised to conquer all of Rohan, but currently only hold around 7 or 8 settlements.

I plan to continue to play and admin these hotseats until replacements are found.

Contact me if you are interested in any of these positions

Arrow2daknee's Avatar Vicarius

THis looks like a good place to post what I want to post.

TATW needs more ppl, bye.

Chieftain Khuzaymah's Avatar Domesticus

Break out the ale!!
    Most Promising Youngblood TATW: Chieftain Khuzaymah

Axis Sunsoar's Avatar Domesticus

Has anyone else spotted this thread in the modding forums? Could be useful for balancing the autoresolve of different factions http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post13955331

Matto16's Avatar Steward of Middle Earth

I decided to move all very old threads (on page 3 and forth) from this subsection to the archives (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...p?2066-Archive) to free up some space and makes it more clean. They did the same in Westeros HS Community and it is a very good idea in my opinion. All threads on page 1 and 2 are still here, though I closed ended hotseats while leave the dead ones still open in case a miracle happen and they get revived sometime.
    TATW HS Community Award

Someone should start another FFA, dibs on the faction right beside Joe's

I wish this thread was as active as the War Room in WTW

The War Room hasn't had a post in it since late August lol! Btw how is Shadow of Mordor, any good?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow2daknee View Post
    Someone should start another FFA, dibs on the faction right beside Joe's

I wish this thread was as active as the War Room in WTW
    Hahahah. Well, luck is on your side Arrow. The new one Gimli is creating will be ffa, now you only have to convince Joe to join it! I'm sure your plans and schemes will go quite unnoticed to him! ^^

joerock22's Avatar Leader of Third Age HS
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Chieftain Khuzaymah View Post
    Hahahah. Well, luck is on your side Arrow. The new one Gimli is creating will be ffa, now you only have to convince Joe to join it! I'm sure your plans and schemes will go quite unnoticed to him! ^^
    If it's FFA he won't have to try too hard to convince me to join. I'm just waiting to see what the setup is.

And I don't mind fighting Arrow. I'll get to kill Theodore Butterwell's twin brother from another dimension (also named Theodore Butterwell).

Quote Originally Posted by joerock22 View Post
    If it's FFA he won't have to try too hard to convince me to join. I'm just waiting to see what the setup is.

And I don't mind fighting Arrow. I'll get to kill Theodore Butterwell's twin brother from another dimension (also named Theodore Butterwell).
    The Butterwell's are a mysterious family, they appear in both Westeros and Middle Earth creating Empire's and giving all their real friends a ton of gold. Some say they're an Alien dynasty disguised as humans, others think the Middle-Earth and Westeros families are completely unrelated and their names are just a coincidence. Neither are true, and their dimension spanning techniques are to remain a mystery.

And Joe, you won't kill Theodore Butterwell XVII 'The Devious', because we're going to be best buddies, right? Just ignore his nickname, I'm sure he got that from some harmless prank...

Shadow of Mordor is great Panda, the story does fall off at the end though, mainly because the final 2 boss fights (which are right beside eachother) are really bad compared to the first one, which was really fun. The combat and animations feel super good and it's really fun to just run run around killing non fancy uruks in the most gruesome ways possible. It also feels nice to play a game that isn't super buggy on release, and it runs great on my PC.

JWANT's Avatar Senator

I need an admin for JWANT's 3v3v3 hotseat. If you'd like to volunteer, PM me. Just need someone to set up the game and the players should be able to take it from there.

I am planning on setting up a separate FFA hotseat as admin so stay tuned...

Axis Sunsoar's Avatar Domesticus

I've caused some rather severe damage to my computer (I acciden tally knocked it off a balcony, good for about a 15 foot fall) and so I cannot do my duties as admin until it is fixed. The Free Peoples 2 HS, which I admin, needs a sub.

If anyone not involved in the HS would be willing to lend a hand and sub, I would be much obliged, just send me a PM and I'll give you the pass

Hi Guys. I've played quite some campaigns already and for fun I was going to do something else. I know that when the Invasions kick in, Rohan usually suffers from the first ones (at Edoras). So all evil factions come in to kick your ass.

I thought it would be fun to play Rohan and let them all come to me while I defend my capital. I was however not in the mood to build everything up again, so I decided to fully expand my settlements before I started along with some excellent traits for my generals. This probably took me an hour or something to enter all the commands and place some watchtowers so all the lands of Rohan are now visible. So I thought perhaps I'm not the only one who likes to play like this every once in a while, hence I'm posting my turn 1 save where every command is done. (Spent about 1,1M coins on construction costs )

Have fun with that

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9T...ew?usp=sharing

EDIT: Amazing! I just played the first 4 turns, and your amazing strength as Rohan makes Isengard kneel before you. Isengard offers ceasefire and accepts an alliance. A different style of campaign for once
    Last edited by Chieftain Khuzaymah; January 19, 2015 at 09:54 AM.

I didn't even think it was possible to spend 1.1 million in this game...

themzr's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow2daknee View Post
    I didn't even think it was possible to spend 1.1 million in this game...
    Ofc you didn't. You wouldn't think of spending 1,000 if you didn't have to

Theodore Hoarderwell is his name

Btw Arrow, I just beat you in the good names contest. I got a born family member with the name "Sexburg". Beat that Mister Butterwell.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9T...ew?usp=sharing

LOL, I wish I could rep you for Mr. Sexburg

As of late I've actually been spending my money, but I still make it my business to be at #1 financial whenever possible.

Matto16's Avatar Steward of Middle Earth

Great to see this community still so alive, I have stopped hotseating in TATW but that hasn't stopped me from visiting you from time to time. Since I am no longer a Gaming Staff member its a shame that all the rest are only active in Westeros thread but I see JWANT isn't lazy with hosting new games so +rep to him.

For the time beeing I won't be much around, but I am planning to continue my work on balance patch so it can be released sometime in the summer if everything goes right. Hotseating could be much more enjoyable then and I am sure we would get a lot new members who are avoiding hotseating because of balance issues.
    TATW HS Community Award