Page 7 of 68 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257 ... LastLast

Thread: RS 2.6 - Post Your New Empire

Default Re: RS 2.5 - Post Your New Empire

their will always be that one spot the greek navy goes overboard

Last edited by Jose150; June 20, 2012 at 08:30 PM.

Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Jose150 View Post
    If just have to look for the old "post your empires" thread to see that.

Sadly the majority of those who achieved it were roman. I think i saw a macedonian aswell.

Hamilicar's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Jose150 View Post
    Im going for it or going to die trying in my AAR

Sertorio's Avatar Domesticus

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

At the end of 660 Illyria has turned into a grinding match between Carthage and the Greek Cities. Two armies took Segestica and Salonae, but afterwards i am put to the defensive while i ressuply my armies and the Greeks send army after army to the roads of Dyarrachium or the walls of Segestica.

Segestica

Salonae

In Africa the garrison of Lepsis Magna is relieved from never ending atacks and can finaly turn into a staging point to the ofensive towards Cyrene. Macedonia is reduced to a small island on the greek coast and the ptolemaic empire ceases to exist.

Lepsis Magna

The Belgae,Arveni and Cimbri are quiet so I devise to march across Dacia, opening the route to Asia and severing the Greek empire.

Texture works by Sertorio, banner courtesy of Joar

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

Nice empire but how have thegreeks grown strong?

EDIT: which empire rules egypt now? The seleucids?

that would be the greeks

Beautiful empires...
    Proudly under the patronage of Tone
    Roma Surrectum Local Moderator

Update on my Averni campaign. I've included the previous posts.

I took southern Gaul and invaded the Italian Peninsula, sacking Rome itself. Boom.

upload picture

1st update:

gif hosting

In the early years Brennos expanded our territory to include almost all of Gaul. In the following decade there was relative peace while his heirs consolidated
    our rule and improved our settlements. Our current leader Euoiurix is the grandson of Brennos and a great warrior. He spent his youth defending our borders
    against the Massalian Greeks. He commands the great host of The Averni, the most noble of all the Gallic tribes.

image hosting

In 605AUC Noreia rebelled against its Roman occupiers and declared allegiance to our leader. Though Noreia is far to the east of our lands their call for help
    could not go unheeded. Euoiurix sent reinforcements led by his nephew Reburros to bolster Noreia's defences against the inevitable Roman rebuttal. In 610AUC
    the Romans reached the walls of Noreia and laid seige. Surprising the Romans, Reburros sallied forth and attacked, crushing the arrogant foe.

upload images

image upload

The Romans will have learnt from this defeat and they will be back, of this we are sure. Even now we are recruiting throughout Gaul to help our brothers in
    Noreia. However the mighty Cimbri, Teutonic warlords of the north, control the lands between Gaul and our new city. It may be difficult to transport troops across
    their borders without offense. The survival of Noreia relies much on the leadership of Reburros, only 20 years old and far from home. Of course, there are ways
    of hurting the Romans to the south. If we were to take Massalia we could launch raids across the alps right into the Italian heartland, even into Rome itself.

2nd update:

We expected the Romans to return to Noreia and they did. In force. After a short siege they attacked the city walls in 615AUC. It was a long and bloody battle
    but Reburros and his troops won the day. When the battle was almost over Reburros and his guard struck out from the city gates and caught the Roman general
    Vibius Atius Rufus off guard, killing him where he stood.

adult upload image

image hosting adult

The battle was hard won and Reburros lost many men. When yet another legion under the command of Spurius Terentius Varro laid siege it did not look hopeful
    for Noreia. Seeing the danger, Euoiurix took the Averni nobles and raced towards the city. He arrived just in time to secure victory over the enemy.

jpg upload

free picture hosting

During this time more and more reinforcements had slowly been making their way to Noreia from Gaul. Euoiurix had also been recruiting from the surrounding
    lands and in 618AUC he had enough men to challenge a wayward Roman legion. The legion was no match for Euoiurix, fighting as they were in dense forest.

image upload

image hosting adult

This turned out to be a crucial battle in the fight for Noreia. It weakened the besieging forces and allowed Euoiurix and Reburros to gain the upper hand for
    the first time since hostilities began. They took advantage of this and booted the Romans out.

jpg upload

adult image hosting

It was to be a fitting end for Euoiurix. He died in 619AUC, honoured as a hero and champion of The Averni. Reburros became the new leader of our people
    and set about a series of military reforms. Fighting the Romans had taken its toll on our finances and yet more troops needed to be raised to defend Noreia
    from future attacks. All unnecessary forces in the west were either moved east or disbanded. Reburros also set about recruiting a raiding army to inflict
    retribution on the Romans. It was to be commanded by his brother Nennicos.

upload images

The year is now 625AUC. The Romans have not dared to attack Noreia again and, if they are so foolish, they will find a nasty surprise waiting in the dark forest.
    The Volcae Axemen are ferocious warriors, capable of hacking through even Roman armour. They are backed up by fearsome Naked Fanatics and Medium Cavalry.

hosting images

One thing we are concerned about is the war between our neighbouring tribes the Belgae and Cimbri. The Cimbri attacked first and, having already
    united Germania, are in a strong position. If the Belgae are to lose this war we will have a temperamental and unpredictable foe on our
    northern borders. Therefore we have sent generous aid to our ancient brothers. Only time will tell if it will be enough or if we are forced to face the Cimbri
    ourselves. Noreia would be in a very precarious position indeed if it were completely cut off from Gaul with enemies on both fronts.

free image hosting

3rd update:

Nennicos waited on the border until the time was right, then launched the raid on Carnuntum. Our spies opened the gates in the dead of night and the
    Volcae Axemen and Fanatics tore through the city, razing it to the ground.

picture hosting

picture hosting

At the same time Aneunicno of Vienna took a light ambush force north into Roman occupied territory and destroyed three legions (retraining in Noreia
    between battles). In the third battle most of our archers were killed by the enemy cavalry and were later to be replaced by young Averni Nobles
    eager to prove themselves in battle.

upload images

adult upload image

jpg upload

After reinforcing, Aneunicno took up a defensive position on the border to Carnuntum, holding the pass against Gnaeus Flaminius Nepos.

adult image hosting

free image hosting

During these years Reburros held the bridge north of Noreia against three legions. In 634AUC Eburonum rebelled against the Romans and declared
    their independence, further weakening Roman power north of the Alps.

gif hosting

upload images

free image hosting

free picture hosting

With Aneunicno defending our only border with Roman territory, Nennico embarked on a daring mission to raid Roman settlements, starting with Segestica.
    He then moved east to sack Singidun, moving north to take Aquincum before making for Noreia.

upload pictures

free picture hosting

picture hosting

upload images

Nennicos had evaded the Roman forces during this time, keeping to the woods and staying one step ahead of the Roman commanders thanks to his spies.
    However by 639AUC Roman forces had tracked him to Aquincum. Taking the initiative, Nennicos attacked first and won the day.

jpg upload

free image hosting

Bolstered by this victory, he moved west to intercept Roman reinforcements before engaging the legions stationed at Carnuntum.

image hosting adult

image upload

free picture hosting

free picture hosting

free picture hosting

upload images

The year is now 645AUC. The Romans have not returned to Noreia. Our forces guard the deep woods and prepare for another attack. Our allies Scythia have
    taken Eburonum and the people of Aquincum have rebelled against their Roman occupiers. Our spies report that the Greeks have sent an army to take
    the settlement. They are already at war with Scythia.

The Belgae are faring well against the Cimbri while the Gallaeci are hard pressed by Carthage. We have sent the Gallaeci the same generous aid as we once sent the Belgae.

4th update:

In 651 Reburros died and Senorix, son of Euoiurix, became our leader.

Between 645 and 655 The Romans made some tentative incursions into Noreia but in 657 they attacked in force. Comagos, son of Nennicos, defended
    the border.

free image hosting

image hosting

image upload

adult image hosting

He then moved north to take Leucaristus while Aneunicno of Vienna took up an ambush position south of Carnuntum to delay Roman reinforcements.

image upload

jpg upload

image upload

Ateano, son of Reburros, moved to defend our border.

adult image hosting

image hosting adult

In 659 Comagos crushed the Roman forces in Carnuntum, killing their commanders Vispanius and Norbanus. The time was ripe for a punitive raid on
    the Roman peninsula. Ateano led our forces south.

adult upload image

image upload

upload pictures

In the winter of 661 Comagos attacked the Roman forces at Segesitica. He first launched a night raid on the legion led by Manius Cassius Hemina but the general
    escaped with most of his cavalry. Instead of pursuing the cowards, Comagos laid siege to the city and forced them to come to him.

free image hosting

picture hosting

image upload

jpg upload

By 662 Rome had mustered troops for a counter attack but Ateano held his ground. In 663 Senorix died and Ateano became leader of The Averni. He moved
    on Patavium, defeating the enemy, but was soon cornered outside Bononia.

gif hosting

adult image hosting

gif hosting

image hosting adult

jpg upload

jpg upload

Though outnumbered, Ateano bravely chose to stand and fight. He positioned his warriors against a rocky outcrop near the city while his slingers and
    cavalry hid in the forest.

gif hosting

However, the Roman scouts discovered the ambush and routed our slingers. The nobles fought valiantly but were heavily outnumbered by enemy cavalry. It was
    left to Ateano and his champions, trapped against the cliff and battered by waves of Roman troops. Our warriors fought like lions and won the day, but only just.
    Ateano was killed in the battle.

adult upload image

Our remaining warriors made their way back to Noreia with Aneunicno and Comagos forming a rear guard against pursuing Roman forces. The venture had
    weakened Rome considerably but at great cost. Our leader had been killed and we lost many experienced warriors. Ateano provided an example
    of Averni bravery but there were many lessons to be learned from his death. He died without an heir and the line of succession passed firmly to Gergovia.
    Borodatos, son of Senorix, was crowned King Of Gaul while the descendants of Reburros and Nennicos became Princes Of Noreia.

free image hosting

The year is now 665AUC. Our allies are doing well. The Belgae have gained the upper hand in their war against the Cimbri and the Gallaeci have retaken
    northern Iberia from Carthage. Scythia now control eastern Europe and form a powerful barrier between Rome and Noreia. They are still at war with Greece
    while Rome and Sparta are now enemies.

It is time for a change in strategy. Noreia is well protected, both by distance and her experienced warriors. Newly crowned Borodatos is keen to lead
    the Averni to greater glory and casts his eyes on our long time enemies to the south. The Greeks have ever raided our lands and rejected all peace terms.
    They will fall first. Then there is small matter of revenge. Ateano will not be forgotten.

5th update:

By 670AUC Borodatos had defeated the Greeks in southern Gaul, taking Nemausus and Massalia. Three years later, a large Roman force laid siege to
    Massalia. Borodatos sallied forth and crushed the enemy.

image hosting

photo upload

He then set about making preparations and retraining his army for the invasion of Rome. By 676AUC the pieces were in place. Borodatos moved east
    across the Alps while Comagos took the elite Volcae force south from Noreia to intercept Roman troops. He was backed up by an ambush force under Setubogios
    Of Matisco. Together Comagos and Setubogios held off the Roman legions in Illyria, leaving Borodatos to liberate Taurasia, Mediolanon and Genoa.

image host

image host

picture hosting

img upload

photo hosting

By 679AUC Borodatos had reached Arretrium and laid siege. Comagos was on his way south, after taking Patavium and Bononia. Borodatos
    defeated a Roman attack and Comagos sacked the settlement of Ariminium.

upload pictures

upload picture

In 680AUC the combined forces reached Rome and laid siege. In 682AUC the Romans attempted to break the siege but were defeated. After sacking the
    city, Borodatos and Comagos took their depleted armies and marched home in victory.

upload images

image hosting

The year is now 685AUC. Rome has been weakened yet again by our legendary warriors and Gaul prospers under its great king Borodatos. Noreia
    also now prospers as a great trade centre with no fear of attack from Rome, or anyone else. In the east Sparta and Scythia control vast swathes of territory
    while our allies the Belgae and Gallaeci hold their own against pressure from the Cimbri and Carthage respectively.

upload picture

Domesticus

Waaiiiit a minute, barbarians with golden armor? Which temple is that?

Hmmm... i hadn't thought about that until you pointed it out. As far as i can tell its the war temple of Eponamaros & Epona. Gold armour is only accessible in my capital (Gergovia) where i have all three war temples built. In my other military cities everything is built except for that temple.

Domesticus

Well that's the first time i've ever heard of that. Even back when i did my first big Gallaeci campaign where the capital was maxed, i don't recall any golden armor.

Maybe it's an Avernii thing.

Btw did you hand northern Italy over to the Rebels?

I've never seen it either until now. Yeah i handed northern Italy to the rebels. I'm playing a bit of a turtle campaign to see what happens. For now i'm content with harassing the Romans and keeping them weak. When Carthage eventually take Iberia it will be an interesting war. Ideally I want to unite Gaul and Iberia under the Averni.

Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by dibbles View Post
    I've never seen it either until now. Yeah i handed northern Italy to the rebels. I'm playing a bit of a turtle campaign to see what happens. For now i'm content with harassing the Romans and keeping them weak. When Carthage eventually take Iberia it will be an interesting war. Ideally I want to unite Gaul and Iberia under the Averni.
    Well that is the (short)campaign goal

I care not for campaign goals! But yeah, that makes sense.

ExtremeBG's Avatar Decanus

You have quite strong Sparta and Scythia there,something i haven't seen in my campaigns...

Macedonia(FYROM) is Bulgarian. If you don't believe me, read a book.

I've seen Sparta strong once before but never Scythia. Its preferable to having Sarmatia strong which is an absolute nightmare.

Unfortunately Scythia and Sparta are now allies. Scythia has just attacked me.

Domesticus

How...nice. On my Cimbrii campaign, my heir, a promising young warrior was hacking his way through avernii stacks. His trait list was good so far, when all of a sudden BAM! the king dies, he becomes warchief and gets the minor recession trait, which a few turns later turns into economic depression.......

Edit: It's a major depression now.
    Last edited by Grimbold; July 07, 2012 at 11:43 AM.

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

What about posting the empire clarifying if it is 0-turn campaign or 1-turn campaign? (is just curiosity, maybe empires expands in a diferent way)

Domesticus

That was for dibbles right?