Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 18435859606162636465666768
Results 1,341 to 1,346 of 1346

Thread: RS 2.6 - Post Your New Empire

Default Re: RS 2.6 - Post Your New Empire

It isn't intended to be historical any more than the legionary pikemen are

You know how fighting the general's bodyguard unit is pretty terrible on Very Hard battles? Well take a look at this conference of jokers:

Besides Hippostratos, the king of Macedon, there were also slain: Abreas, Mukaporis, Damasos, Deukalos, Aristarchus (of Apollonia) and Demetrius. Mostly by slinger. I had three units of Scythian Hoplites and six units of Aetolian Thureophoroi to throw at them (sadly, no Scythian Heavy Cavalry, not sure why the stack didn't have one) but it wasn't necessary.

Anyway, the First (Strategic Siege) Army under Radamasis has taken back Pella. There's still a number of Macedon's stacks running around though, we'll first concentrate on stabilizing Pella before moving on.

EDIT: Right after this, Radamasis was killed by an assassin while camping with his full stack in Pella.

Chwdonakos's Second Army moved south to clear a small pocket of Macedon and Dacian forces. Thankfully the Dacians are being quiet, though I did let one settlement up north rebel up to them in the process of pivoting south.

Oh well, it happens. Dacia is, however, basically standing between me and the Boii/Cimbri so I don't mind too much.

EDIT: So since the commander of the 1st died, Chwdonakos will have to take combined command of the 1st and 2nd in order to keep killing Macedon.

While the buffer settlements (not designated for holding) went over to Pergamon/Greek Cities, Sotrakhs is doing well, he's smashed a few heads and this important front is safe. Also, a Camp of the Warlord was just finished in Pergamon, so we now have good access to standard XP+2, Armor/Weapon+2 units.

Our population is growing nicely. As I'm not around to strangle the Romans in their crib, they are growing like evil smallsword-wielding weeds.

It takes quite a while for a settlement to actually grow to 216,000 population. At some point I won't be using enslavement to add population, instead just killing everyone. From 24,000 to about 40,000 is pretty fast and the squalor jumps to 25% and then caps out there. After that is a slow growth, which most settlements will only sustain at maybe 1% or so.

"Depopulation" cuts a settlement's population down to 1/4, which is quite helpful for reducing the squalor and making garrisons more effective.

Tesla's Avatar Senator

Been a while since I posted so here is my (finished) Dacian campaign
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Wow, Carthage actually beat the gallaeci for once. impressive

Tesla's Avatar Senator

Carthage usually beats the Galleaci in my games,
    they would've taken France too but they're allied with the Arverni
    so now Carthage's armies are at the border of the Arverni doing nothing.

Also here are some of the armies,
    (I know some of them are missing generals but it's a hassle shipping them back and forth sometimes
    since you can't recruit general units outside your homelands. hence the mercenaries or empty slot)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I just wanna say hi to all of you guys and wanna say thank you very much to developer team of RS 2,because I am just download and play this mod such awesome and fantastic mod dev team have made..Thank you guys . Right now I am play as Rome in 1 turn campaign in 538 A.U.C still repulsing Hannibal Invasion and Italia Allied rebellion..wish me luck 😜😁
    My name is John, Tribune of Legio Ripenses IX Tertiae Italica and loyal servant to the computer generated Emperor, Julianus Flavius Augustus "The Apostles". And I will have my vengeance again The Quadi tribes, barbarian scums who decimated half of my legio in Mediolanum City Siege almost a year ago and Gratianus Flavius "The Traitor", the former Caesar who convince a half of precious my legio to his petty scheme rebellion just 3 months ago in this save game or the next
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar