Page 59 of 68 FirstFirst ... 9344950515253545556575859606162636465666768 LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1346

Thread: RS 2.6 - Post Your New Empire

Domesticus

Default Re: RS 2.6 - Post Your New Empire

Here you go : red 218, green 165, blue 32

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold View Post
    State of the world when minor campaign victory conditions were achieved.

No allies.

Now at war with Rome and the Ptolemaic Empire.

I proceeded to conquer the roman cities in the Thrace region, destroy their infractures and hand them over to the Greek city States, hopefully blocking any roman incursions from the north so i can invade Greece itself.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Huge Rome you have to fight now.
    Are you going to continue and fight them?
    Proudly under the patronage of Tone
    Roma Surrectum Local Moderator

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

nice pontic empire grim,you gonna have alot of fun with that map setting,only huge factions left on the map.
    i woud love to see more pictures of your campaign and battles here.+rep

i started a campaign with pontus also and have the same problems with the surrounding factions.
    seleucids are sending stack after stack to antioch and tarsus,witch are under constant siege,i can hold of 2 army's but then i gonna loose the settlements.
    and im also at war with GCS and ptolomais but not with armenia yet.i have 3 army's,one at antioch,one at tarsus and one to hold seleucia out of asia minor
    and defend my homeregions against perga,ptolomai,GCS.playing 0turn h/h it's a really hard start. but is there a point when it becomes more easy when accepting no
    deals? are the seleucids ever run out off stacks?if i don't move east are armenia a trustwothy ally?
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

You should definitely try to take Seleucia.Without the 2 treasuries the Greys might fall to Armenia and Parthia.

Domesticus

I hate eastern expansion. It must be a trauma from RTW where those regions were rebellious as hell.

I kept going for a bit after that screenshot was taken. Went to war with rome and tried to cut off their access to northern greece by making a buffer state out of the GCS, except i didn't noticed that Rome was at war with them, so that failed.

Rome opened the tap and their legions started pouring.

so here is a small follow up from my roman campaign.
    first off the map

leader and heir
    aulus is a real commander and loved by the soldiers and peopledecimus is more off an administrator and loved by the senatesextus the son of aulus is next in line but verry young,he is sended to the east and gets the command of XXI rapax to prove he is whorthy of the powers that come with ruling the empire wish this one was a scipio,legendary commander that has taken over the command of the praetorian legion from aulus

just finnished the war with armenia for now and forced them to become vassell's
    they have some regions in the steppe and one in cappadocia.but have only some small army's left.
    pontus i keep alive for now just like macadonia
    [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

in the seleucid wars i was fighting off stack after stack of verry though army's that try to retake duro-europus and palmyra.
    but now it seems that they finally are out of huge stacks(first time in 30 turns,damn i love 0turn)
    im keeping it defencive for now but shoud i push for babylon and seleucia?but then they become an easy faction to deal with
    and i wanna play this campaign for a long time to come,so what do you guys think i shoud do??

in the north the peace with the cimbrii is over and they keep sending small stacks of elite warriors to the rhine border but it's defended by 2 legions and some auxillary army's.
    im also helping out my trusted ally boii to retake what was theirs north of the danuba river.all taken over by the cimbrii and roman rebels
    im planning a full invasion with thedanuba legions and give all lands to the boii so that i have a real treat in the north when the boii backstab me
    this is how the plans look like

[IMG]first invasion from the south with legion gallica,ferrata and germanica]than from the west with fulminati and gemina martia[/IMG]

some battle pictures
    [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

c'mon guys keep this thread up
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

Cool campaign , it looks almost like the actual Roman Empire , did you do it on purpose? What do I have to do to have such good generals , mine kinda suck?

it's one of my house rules with rome,keep as close to the roman frontiers they had.
    but shoud i expand more east and take babylon and seleucia?????

about the generals,,auto resolve small battles against5 unit rebel stacks when they are young
    i use only general and 2 units .they get good traits and retinue then.like master of archers,leads from the front,good commander,scout...
    always fight big battles with the same 3/4 guys that you wanna have as your field generals,so they get,legatus+1command,legatus legiones+2command
    when they are getting old swap their ancillies to a younger one.

i had a constant stream off legendary generals this campaign,lots of 10 and 8 star generals.
    but i always fight with my generals ,not only running down routed enemy's
    in my old campaign with rome on 2.5 i had only a few,so maybe its also a bit of luck.

look at sextus he was back then 18,now he is 20 and already has 4 stars by fighting against pontus alone

ill post some pics of my young generals that gonna be great ones imo
    hope it helped a bit pompey
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

and some old ones
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by tungri_centurio; July 17, 2014 at 04:05 PM.

update on my campaign year is 697 AUC

no mutch has changed only in brittannia the belgae have broken through the northern frontier and trying to take back their settlements and they boii are coming to take a look at the border to see if they can backstab me( i bet within 15turns im at war with them)

in the campaigns across the danuba it went verry well to help the boii get more land,now pushing to the roman rebel city's near the baltic coast.

the planned attack from the rhine border came to a hold because the cimbri attacked the forts and legions on the frontier and won actually 2 battles.but it's safe again and the legions there are gonna stay on defensive duty's till the uprising of the belgae is struck down.

in the east the seleucids seem finally broken and can't produce not mutch off an army anymore.so the legions can plunder and burn their villages as they want,causing havoc around babylon.

my financial,diplomatic and overall status

2000+battles to 0turn campaigns

my treasury is getting to small and im loosing alot off $$ to that damn script

diplomatic status,i need to send a diplomat to parthia and try to get alliance with them

the scipio's keep their power but the next heir should look for a girl soon so he is getting to rome to find a good one for him

next update will be battle pictures.(totally forgot to take some against the cimbri)

My Armenia 1-turn M/M campaign , year 549 AUC . I'm at war wiht the seleucids and allied with Pergammon , Pontus and Parthia

Here countless battles against the Seleucids took place and more to come:

Here is my main army led by the national leader himself and his son:

And here is my second army led by the succesor:

I gotta say this is one of the most fun campaign i had in a while, i love the unit roster of the armenians , especially the Dismounted Nakharas and Nakharan Cavalry and Cathaphracts of course. I switched to 1-turn campaing due to the annoying and endless stacks from 0-turn , but to my surprise the Seleucids seem to attack Karkathiokerta every turn with almost a full stack , what's up with this? It's not a very big issue since their armies are composed of mainly Levy Pikemen and Thureophoroi.

Where should i go next? I plan on wipeing Pontos since I'm sure they soon attacks me and then slowly take care of the Seleucids

finally someone else posts their empire+rep for that alone pompey

i had the same issue with the seleucids attacking every turn with a full stack,on top of that couple turns later pontus and sarmatia attacked me as well.
    i abandond that campaign and i never gonna play 1turns again.at some point they stop sending levy's but you get pezetarhoi and silver shield bastards on your doorstep.
    so i suggest take out seleucids first, specialy their capitals antioch and seleucia.

good luck,let's see how you progress+rep

Thanks. I'm glad their not smart enough to go for Van or those other cities near Van , since I took Karkatiokerta that has been the only place they attacked. I'll make sure I post more

Vardan the Great's Avatar Campidoctor

Hey guys get ready. This is my Armenian M/M 0-turn campaign. At last I have learnt how to make that screen shots, so here we go. This Selucids are some kind of paranoia on me and were always attacking Karkathiokerta. I assembled 2 heavy armies and sent them to take Antioch. I think this will chill down their passions but that didn't work when my main armies were away they surrounded Karkhatiokerta, Van, Armavir, and Pontus declared war to me and surrounded Arsamosata. I tried to take Antioch asap and sent 1 army to help my hometowns. Luckily i could defend my towns till my army came and i started to clear my homelands step by step. After that i thought that i may pressure them till the end and take the Gazaca, the town based so near to me, and the place were they attacking from. When i sent my Arqah's army to take that city see what happened.

I didn't know that Selucids had so many troops in Armenian highland, that was a big surprise.
    But I used my old loved tactics, cut their cavalry with my light-fast archers, then start to charge my heavy cav from the back of infantry. it worked properly so the heroic victory is mine. All you need is a well-balanced army. Infantry troops that can def the first time attacks, ranged cav, and some heavy cavalry with heavy charge. Luckily Armenia has a well-balanced roster that perfectly matches for it

and then
    another huge selucid Army attacked my from the back. This time they had so many infantry units, and no cav. They didn't repeat the same mistake and always kept 2-3 phalanges to cover they back, that was a disaster. The only think I could to is to charge and go back again and again

yeah, that was something, they were covering their back but i managed to run faster and could hit again and again and then run away not to be closed in the trap, so i made it, a fantastic battle Then i jsut transfert my Arqah to Van and sent another manager to the Gazaca with new troops. Then i tried to attack Pontus, take the capital of Lesser Armenia, after what i would be able to pressure them in their homelands.
    the battle was coming up

this time they have both good infantry and good cav, and the reinforcements are coming, this will be harder.
    and then the game crushed -_- But i was loosing the battle so it wasn't the worse outcome luckily i saved that and will continue my campaign again)))
    Last edited by Vardan the Great; August 03, 2014 at 04:26 AM.
    "An unexpected death is a death, an intended death - immortality"
    (c) Vardan Sparapet, before the Battle of Avarayr

Nice Armenian empire +rep

Even on my 1-turn campaign the Seleucids attack with almost full stacks every turn . Use Nakharan Cavalry and Dismounted Nakharans , they wield maces which are armor piercing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pompey View Post
    Nice Armenian empire +rep

Even on my 1-turn campaign the Seleucids attack with almost full stacks every turn . Use Nakharan Cavalry and Dismounted Nakharans , they wield maces which are armor piercing.
    thx dude :3
    unfortunately i can not recruit Nakharars yet, and my economy is going down due to the durable war with Seleucids, and when Pontus come here it is really bad. Now I try to kick Pontus back for a while and conquer a few Seleucid towns. My hope are my allies - Pathians. They must make some pressure, to make Selucids go back. But then we will face each other in any way. The location of Armenia is ing "awesome"
    BTW +rep to you too I just saw your 1 turn campaign. It is great, cuz it is difficult to provide troops and fight with Selucids in 1 turn campaign with so few towns. It is much more easier for me cuz when I see the enemy are coming I just recruit the full town garrison and defend the town...

It is a bit difficult , because if i up in a battle and lose then the campaign is pretty much over. I'm slowly taking Pontus out and only then i'll start going after the Seleucids and in my campaign the Parthians are doing very well , they took Gazaca and another town , can't remember the name.

I would love to see some more of your campaign

I just love seeing beautiful Roman Empires........
    Proudly under the patronage of Tone
    Roma Surrectum Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by century x View Post
    me to, but any empire i see here makes me feel good

Quote Originally Posted by century x View Post
    You wont see them anymore My main goal is to reach the hegemony in the east and then break Romans down, and own them in their homelands
    see you later

I always take breaks in the middle of my saves. Especially with Sparta, since it is 0-turn. So I hopped in, fought a couple of big stack battles against Dacia, whacked Carthage's second treasury city... and I'm still not done with this turn yet. But I looked at the map and realized....

How the heck did I get all the way into Dacia, while apparently surrounded by them?

Also I seem poorer than many other people with similar sized empires, though perhaps I simply haven't had time to properly enjoy the income...

Oh yeah, like everyone else, I have to deal with multiple Seleucid stacks. But it seems that years of peace have allowed the Ptolemics to also build up, and I'm in the middle of grinding through the first four stacks on the border as I attacked...
    Last edited by Alavaria; August 04, 2014 at 01:22 AM.