Page 58 of 68 FirstFirst ... 8334849505152535455565758596061626364656667 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1346

Thread: RS 2.6 - Post Your New Empire

Default Re: RS 2.6 - Post Your New Empire

Quote Originally Posted by High Fist View Post
    As soon as we shared a border they declare war. Dammit game. Well, at least I wasn't the one who declared it; my international reputation is intact.
    March an army into their capital and say they attacked you first.

Or that you're delivering humanitarian aid.

Romans were meant to rule the whole world anyway, barbarians shouldn't make it hard for themselves by fighting.

A smoking gun, 100% confirmed intel, we know where the weapons of mass destruction are, etc etc
    Last edited by Alavaria; May 19, 2014 at 10:07 PM.

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Alavaria View Post
    Or that you're delivering humanitarian aid.

Win.
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

The barbaric Boii pose a deadly threat to our Coalition. We cannot think of them as friends, who sat there as we fought Romans in bloody matches (Roman blood, mostly).

They clearly had not equipped themselves with assault-style weapons for hunting.When the barbarians attacked, we had to respond proportionally in order to not appear weak.

Observe how the Boii have deviously attacked our routine patrol with heavy weapons, violating our territorial rights and security concerns.

(This is actually pretty close to a standard army, exept probably with -1 infantry unit (6 total) and +5 pikes (when I get them).
    Might not need that Royal Hoplite unit, but then again why not get more morale, especially against barbarians)

In this hour of glory, we must be on our guard! To this end, the Coalition's Defence Council asks General Hieronymos of Syracuse to launch a defensive campaign deep into Boii territory. It anticipates that in order to neutralize the threat, it will be a necessity to carry out mass purges of all related settlements. As a result, emergency recruitment of Sicilo-Italian style legionary defense cohorts will be initiated in Northern Italy.

In unrelated news, the Coalition's Development Council is looking for funding to expand Greek settlement efforts.

Last edited by Alavaria; May 19, 2014 at 11:48 PM.

High Fist's Avatar Vicarius

I was going to just hole up with my borders secure, go through the whole reforms business and replace the Polybians with Marians and then attack Pergamon. :

@Max I've been playing this save game since before Christmas I think. On and off though, as I haven't the time to play it as I once did.
    The only self-discipline you need is to finish your sandwiches

I was going to just hole up with my borders secure, go through the whole reforms business and replace the Polybians with Marians and then attack Pergamon. :
    Huh, thought the Romans did all that reforming due to being pressed and needing more soldiers or something.

Instead, getting all nice and cozy, no real pressures... then suddenly rushing to reform

'Tis a logistical nightmare at first, as I remember it. I have more cities built up as close to the necessary buildings as possible though, and will have more by the time Akragas is big 'nuff. Should be an easy transition, when it comes to it.

Unfortunately, the Athenian marines aren't nearly as effective as the Ptolomaic ones were. Not nearly as cool either, if you ask me.

I used a unit as an auxiliary; all but one survived. But then 76 of them recovered, so I was happy there. Had another battle and they took another mauling. 'bout ten recovered this time. Oh well.

Yeah, well one of the oddities if developing a highly modern combined-arms approach army was I couldn't ever reform, because if I did, suddenly I couldn't raise pikemen anymore, just guys with swords and so on.

As they say, an emergency causes regression in technological development.

You should've seen those Parthians when they realized their arrows were rather ineffective against pikemen. Find of funny because you might imagine pikemen would be worse off compared to the cohorts, but nope, pikemen can take arrows like champs compared to them. RTW mechanics are a bit weird sometimes

You can testudo, but the AI sees this as an opportunity to attack. Meanwhile it will just stay far back and shoot at pikemen (or occasionally make a mistake and end up trying to melee them, a very bad idea)
    Last edited by Alavaria; May 21, 2014 at 06:03 AM.

Domesticus

I don't know if the 2.6's economic changes have affected AI behaviour - i only played a brief spartan campaign after it's launch - but geez the game is a pain in the arse now (in the good way).

Playing a Pontus campaign right now and it's almost 600 auc and im still stuck in central Anatolia, when pre 2.6 i'd have a firm grasp on all of it by now.

What's different this time, exactly?

Domesticus

What's different this time, exactly?
    I suppose that the economic changes to the campaigns have impacted AI behaviour somehow...?

Im seeing a far more aggressive AI with more somewhat decent army setups - outside of those trigger by the script.

Previous to 2.6, i could handle a Pontus campaign just fine. Now, i had to force myself to accept protectorate deals from Armenia and TSE in order to survive. The economic pressure wouldn't allow more than one stack, and that certainly isn't enough to fight back those 2 factions along with Pergamon, and we're talking about early stage regions, Mazaka by TSE, Heraclea by Pergamon, Amasia and Trapezius by Armenia.

On this lattest attempt, i accepted those deals, freeing myself from 2 points of pressure (although TSE latter broke it) and now im kicking Pergamon out of Anatolia, leaving it as buffer zone.

Hm, I do know that Armenia is pretty tough, what will all the enemies everywhere. As Rome, the economic changes aren't nearly as noticeable IMO.

Domesticus

Hm, I do know that Armenia is pretty tough, what will all the enemies everywhere. As Rome, the economic changes aren't nearly as noticeable IMO.
    They were /are.

I recall starting a Spartan campaign right after the patch's launch and taking control of Greece. You could notice right away the difference in the riches generated.

Greece is so rich, even with the AI developing it. It's a huge economy boost.

Domesticus

Greece is so rich, even with the AI developing it. It's a huge economy boost.
    I know it is, im just saying that pre 2.6 the money boost was bigger

Really? That seems a bit much tbh. I'm spitting out legions like there's no tomorrow since I took Greece.

Domesticus

Pontic campaign
    1 turn
    Hard/Hard
    Year: 631 A.U.C

At war with:
    - The Seleucid Empire
    - Armenia
    - Pergamon
    - Sarmatia

Allies:
    - the Plotemaic Empire

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Context:
    After spending a great deal of the campaign struggling to deal with so many fronts (TSE, Armenia and Pergamon), i decided to accept protectorate proposals from TSE and Armenia, which was a good move, since it relieved me of 2 fronts for a while. TSE broke that after a while but Armenia stuck to it longer, which allowed me to kick Pergamon out of Asia Minor and make it a buffer state between me and Rome.

Later, Armenia broke it's own deal which resulted in me expanding eastwards. Sarmatia took advantage of the situation and attacked me, but their armies was no match for my veteran stack - the one seen here -and now im beating their stacks back at Kotais.

Meanwhile in Europe the situation is pretty interesting. Dacia which had an empire that ran paralel to that of the Cimbrii, was attacked by both them and Rome so yea. Dealing with Rome, eventually, will be amusing to say the least.

I like the nice distribution of factions.
    Rome is HUGE....
    Proudly under the patronage of Tone
    Roma Surrectum Local Moderator

Domesticus

I suspect they'll grow even bigger since they're at war with the Cimbrii now.

I should start making more armies and plan an invasion of Greece.

Domesticus

State of the world when minor campaign victory conditions were achieved.

No allies.

Now at war with Rome and the Ptolemaic Empire.

I proceeded to conquer the roman cities in the Thrace region, destroy their infractures and hand them over to the Greek city States, hopefully blocking any roman incursions from the north so i can invade Greece itself.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Tesla's Avatar Senator

I like your Ptolemaic color could you post the values ?