Page 56 of 68 FirstFirst ... 631464748495051525354555657585960616263646566 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1346

Thread: RS 2.6 - Post Your New Empire

Mayer's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: RS 2.6 - Post Your New Empire

this is what happend afterwards

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Neoptolemos and his Cataphracts have retreated after several months besieging Gazaca. Ptolemy plans to retaliate with a counteroffensive

the prince defeats the Saka in Tabae

Philotas reinforced his troops with 1700 local Kappadokians and marches against the newly crowned king Yervand who gathered an army near Arsamosata

elephants vs nakharars

Kentronakans with Hoplite formation around them, fighting to the death

The crushing victory led to yet another loss of an armenian leader

and a open road to Arsamosata

Rome has given an alliance (free offer) as a sign of homage to the might of the Pharaoh
    But it appears now that they are controlling more and more greek cities

something which is at odds with Ptolemy's plan to recreate Alexander's empire

Also Sparta got destroyed

Great pics man.
    +rep...

And sparta being destroyed is OK with ME.
    Proudly under the patronage of Tone
    Roma Surrectum Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Mayer View Post
    Also Sparta got destroyed
    Oddly historically accurate =D

Syracuse, not historically accurate.

Punic Wars ended with Rome down a Roma (and the rest of the important Italian settlements) and Carthage down a Carthago. All to me. Hah

Last edited by Alavaria; April 16, 2014 at 12:54 AM.

Hi everybody =) few pictures and letters from my Great Sarmatian 0-turn 2.6 H/H campaign Story.... "Sarmatian horse archers" prooved to be very effective and deadly with nearly every nation I my steppe hordes encountered, very cheap, but sadly not recruitable everywhere When i was trying to assimilate some cities of those strange and different foreigners like Greeks to the south, I could recruit almost nothing there, but it doesnt matter Only romans were a little tougher nut to crack, but really not so much. Sarmatians will rule the world!
    The victory and the map:
    http://s24.postimg.org/vu2fmqir9/sarmatia.png
    In the late era of my campaign i was in constant wars with Seleucids, Pontos, Free Greeks, Pergamon (Which had really hard time with my hordes ), Cimbrians and finally those nasty romans wearing those funny kits for fights and unable to ride the horse like true sarmatian!
    Scythians, Dacians and Greek cities in our coasts were defeated quite fast.... And assimilated... We learned them how to ride a horse and herd cattle. Then our Mighty King of Kings established an alliance with Macedonians against those hostile Greeks... Then a "kingdom" of Pergamon wanted to conquer some thracian provincies of our macedonians allies, so we declared war on them... It was 2 against 2 war, cause Greeks in Bythinia and Pamphylia wanted to speak with us also. So macedonians with their phalanxes did their job well, while our cavalry smash those greeks and we won and celebrated 2 weeks. And then we moved all our hordes to the asia minor and we keep moving from one city to another and all were burnt to the grounds...

While conquering south, We made strong alliances on the east... We made alliance with Armenia and Parthia... Also Armenians and Parthians were allies with each other, and we all together were fighting many years against Seleucids and Pontic Greeks...

And Finally on the west... When we were still fighting with Dacians, Cimbrians and Romans together already defeated Boii... And romans pushed themself very much to the north up to campus Venedae. We couldnt let this agression unpunished... So we started to push Romans back to their homeland... slowly.. continuously... and we pushed them up to the northern Italy... And made strong fortress in Patavium.

Some statistics from the western war line: 9 of 10 roman soldiers have died from our lances or swords or under the feet of our armoured horses, while 9 of 10 cimbrian soldiers have died when trying to won "catch your arrow" lottery.

Sometimes it just happens that our Mighty King of Kings will find some full equiped 2 roman legions during his hunting season.... no worries... "Sarmatians, wear the armour, take the lances and we will have a raiding party"

http://s29.postimg.org/l6k9y6utz/sarm.png
    Last edited by neofrage; April 17, 2014 at 07:01 PM.

Deleted.
    Last edited by Quintus Dias; February 20, 2021 at 01:12 AM.

With the agreement between the Peloponnesian League II states and the members of the Sicilian-Italian Alliance, our coalition of the free continues to grow.

The mainland greek rebels lost control over Sparte, Argos, Korinthos, Athenai and Thebes to the Coalition in a single turn

Rome is on the ropes, apparently Macedon took the greek settlement they were occupying.

Roman Continuity of Government plans had led to a fortified redoubt on Caralis serving as their emergency capital. However, Coalition naval forces have blockaded the island.

Soon, coalition ships will commence transport missions as part of a critical invasion to end imperialist resistance. Spearheading Operation Romani Exterminatus is the Coalition's Legio I Italia, commanded by Heironymous of Syracuse

The Sicilian-Italian-Peloponnesian Coalition forces rely on "levied" (generally, in the sense of "state-equipped") armies, designated in the manner:
    • Number, indicating seniority
    • Location name of current area of operations
    • Comma
    • Current Mission name

As such, there are currently supported:
    Legio I Italia, Romani Exterminatus
    Legio II Grecia, Macedonia Hegemon

This is the Syracuse Weekly, bringing you the latest from the front.

The following is a paid message brought to you from Coalition Italian High Command:

Support our troops, join our troops! Registration is now open for Legio I Italia. Those able to volunteer for the Phalanx Thureophoroi units may be eligible for a signing bonus. Standard levy recruitment for the Legionaries is also open.

All able-bodied citizens, free greeks are depending on you to step forward and fight against oppression!
    Last edited by Alavaria; April 21, 2014 at 09:57 PM.

Mayer's Avatar Domesticus

You know what could totally screw you up? A ambush by an army of elite cataphract generals!

I could do some hit and run tactic, take out 1 general unit and their catapult but then they got into the rear of my infantry and attacked with all their gens. Therefore i had to push all my cav into their back before my inf was slaughtered.

But it was hopeless. After Ptolemy died in battle which was a tremendous shock for all egyptians, most remaining troops ran in fear and were massacred. Noone survived!
    Thereafter another stack of mine was smashed and the general situation is that although Armenia is reduced to 2 cities and divided they have a mighty army while most armenian cities held by the Ptolemics are revolting and there is no proper defense for them, there is also no army in proximity to relief the situation and there are not enough men to levy in the border regions
    HATE SPEECH ISN'T REAL

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Mayer View Post
    You know what could totally screw you up? A ambush by an army of elite cataphract generals!

I could do some hit and run tactic, take out 1 general unit and their catapult but then they got into the rear of my infantry and attacked with all their gens. Therefore i had to push all my cav into their back before my inf was slaughtered.

But it was hopeless. After Ptolemy died in battle which was a tremendous shock for all egyptians, most remaining troops ran in fear and were massacred. Noone survived!
    Thereafter another stack of mine was smashed and the general situation is that although Armenia is reduced to 2 cities and divided they have a mighty army while most armenian cities held by the Ptolemics are revolting and there is no proper defense for them, there is also no army in proximity to relief the situation and there are not enough men to levy in the border regions
    I call this a lol moment. A well-planned campaign progressing smoothly....and then suddenly an army of general's bodyguards appear out of the blue and and ambush you.

I mean, how did the enemy even get all those troops? Did he recruit a huge pile of generals who were all assassinated?

I had a similar experience as Macedon, against Pontus. Except that it was only 5-6 generals (LIVING generals) who left their army to go and face me without any leadership, and then formed a stack and hid in the woods until my army arrived.
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

Agrippa19's Avatar Tiro

Restoring the State of Pergamon after the Roman onslaught, one city at a time. Starting with Ephesos. I am the Ptolymics, but i want a strong kingdom of Pergamon to act as a buffer against the Roman's until I'm ready to invade Carthage and develop a safe and secure empire across North Africa from which I can invade Rome.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0000.jpg   0012.jpg   0010.jpg   0003.jpg   0007.jpg  

0019.jpg   0021.jpg   0018.jpg  
    Last edited by Agrippa19; April 29, 2014 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
    I mean, how did the enemy even get all those troops? Did he recruit a huge pile of generals who were all assassinated?
    you only get generals without FM members if

A: they are placed in the descr_strat without a character place in them in a army

B: You are given a settlement (gift or revolt) and the AI decides to give you bunch of random units

with good upgrades.

C: garrison script that gives you a elite army
    Last edited by Spartan999; April 29, 2014 at 06:01 PM.

A single revolt usually gives about 6 generals units, so two of them could give that stack you see there.

If a settlement is about to revolt back to a faction that isn't the slaves one, and therefore might take those units and start attacking with them, it's best to have a plan. Usually just assaulting the settlement immediately and killing those guys with swarms of spearmen and using some ranged units...

Quote Originally Posted by Quintus Dias View Post
    neofrage wow good campaign you make people like me look like noobs seriously though nice campaign and your economy seems to be in a very good shape.... something I've barely achieved...

Nvm I think I figured out the economy in RS2. Still impressive.
    sarmatia is quite easy to play... cavalry, cavalry, cavalry... i would like to see few changes for sarmatia 0 turn campaign in the next version...
    MUCH STRONGER - BOII
    STRONGER - SCYTHIA, AVERNI, PARTHIA...
    WEAKER - SELEUCIDS

boii had been defeated by cimbri and rome before i even managed to get to them and romans had CAMPUS VENEDAE - rofl!!!
    and seleucids has managed to fight with armenia, sarmatia, parthia, ptolemaics, free greeks and still grove up.. unbelievable

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan999 View Post
    you only get generals without FM members if

A: they are placed in the descr_strat without a character place in them in a army

B: You are given a settlement (gift or revolt) and the AI decides to give you bunch of random units

with good upgrades.

C: garrison script that gives you a elite army
    Ah, that explains so much. Thanks mate.

It would've likely been the revolt or the garrison script.
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

Hurrah for freedom

When I take Edessa (green box), you can see via the borders (green lines) that any units in the region of Thessalonike and to the west will be cut off. The AI will try to recall its armies (red ovals) back to Macedonian territory. At worst they will try to attack Phillipi, but not Thessalonike.

Sadly for the AI, this will not happen because you can trap cut off army stacks by having two units stand near them such that they can only move one tile per turn. This is preferable to killing them, as not only is it less effort and loss of life, the AI has to pay upkeep for all those units.

In this case, the army attacking Pella needs just one unit to come from the west to catch it, while the Macedonian stack further south (I just took that settlement this turn) can be caught with a unit standing south of it. Strategy!

Successful pocketing of some Roman stacks. The green lines show some of the pocketing forces. The stacks are a bit smaller because some units disappeared when the Roman faction died and the stacks turned into Rebels. These stacks are totally harmless, by the way, just that they are standing on the roads, so I might clear them now.

They don't move or anything now, it's just where they were standing when Romans died, just a couple turns ago.
    Last edited by Alavaria; May 08, 2014 at 10:31 AM.

YOu are Macedon??
    Proudly under the patronage of Tone
    Roma Surrectum Local Moderator

No, that's the Syracuse "fire" logo, not the macedon "sun-with-rays" logo

The purple guys with the sun are the enemy. The purple guys with the trident on fire are me.

Basically, my logo shows up red, while theirs shows up yellow. Both of our banners use purple (though macedon's is a lighter purple)

alavaria,i like your style all in finesse and thinking (blitz, destroy, mass exterminate, im the boss!) haha keep up

Well, here there is a Greek Cities save I will no longer use, for I will update my RSII to 2.6, and it isn't save game compatible. So I feel must put it here:

Finally, Greece (and beyond) is united under the Greek League of Cities. Even though our empire is not huge, it has become the dominating force of the Mediterranean. Our current leader, the great Telephos, is an example to be followed! A wise and kind ruler, intelligent, honest and generous, his bad traits are nothing compared to the positive ones!

Below, you can see 3 screenshots I've taken (click on them for larger image). You can see my empire on the mini-map on the bottom left corner, and in all 3 of them I tried to include most of the many traits of the faction leader. You can also see that I used money cheats.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-05-12_00004.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	412.5 KB 
ID:	307161Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-05-12_00003.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	408.3 KB 
ID:	307162Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-05-12_00002.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	413.4 KB 
ID:	307163

Default Re: RS 2.5 - Post Your New Empire

Oh my god all these amazing stories, empires and screenshots make me want to install Rome and RR again, and I just started Third Age for MW2!

..If only the diplomacy wasn't hardcoded into the game to be completely useless and unreliable, this'd be my dreamgame. MW2 (SS atleast)
    has such manipulative diplomacy it becomes a strategical minigame of its own, this is the biggest flaw with Rome-- and it makes me shed a tear everytime I remind myself.

Keep posting, it's super fun to see your work in your campaigns!

------------------------------THE TOTAL WAR INDEX------------------------------
    ------16 Campaigns, 5 Total War Games, 1 Third Age, 3 Overhaul Mods------

Domesticus

Look at that, a full page with no roman scum screenshots