Page 54 of 68 FirstFirst ... 429444546474849505152535455565758596061626364 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1346

Thread: RS 2.6 - Post Your New Empire

High Fist's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: RS 2.6 - Post Your New Empire

I hate taking cities with plague, had to bite the bullet and do it anyway when taking N Africa. It's gone now but I lost a lot of men to the attrition.
    The only self-discipline you need is to finish your sandwiches

I rather not lose the ubergeneral. Though there is a way... having just a single unit assault and everyone else come as reinforcements (they won't enter the settlement in that case).

Still a pain. At least it makes the AI units a bit weaker... though if I have to siege and let it garrison script that'll be costly as well...

Last edited by Alavaria; March 16, 2014 at 03:17 PM.

Damn...back in RS 2.5 Armenia was sooo buffed up. They wrecked my Roman Empire's eastern borders, even though I sent legion upon legion to fight them. They all got slaughtered.

Yeah Armenia just attacked me... not bad, first the Cimbri declare war, now Armenia does. I'm at war with so many factions.

My Germanic holdings are all on fire. Though, it's nice that before a settlement rebels, they will finish building a road... that lets their punishment arrive that much faster. Thanks!

I might have done it. The Galleci are down to one settlement, so depending on stuff, they might ceasefire next turn and then they will die.

Might be able to get all the Belgae to leave the mainland, probably not, but always hope for the best Then I will of course finish them off.

EDIT: YEP, bye bye Galleci, your last settlement will just be mine when I can sit down to do this battle, and then you're dead. Haha.

I'm not even particularly bothered that those settlements will probably rebel right after this.

Thus ends the fearsome Galleci, after like... 10 turns? Probably not even that. They had two stacks at least left, not that it did them any good.

All your base are belong to us. Get out.

• 552 AUC, Winter: Forces under Agesipolis III make landfall in Iberia
    • 553 AUC, Summ (T+1): Iberian land operations commence
    • 553 AUC, Winter (T+2): Brigantion (Galleci Treasury settlement) is taken
    • 556 AUC, Winter (T+8): Galleci are wiped out as a faction.

Sparta wins again!
    Last edited by Alavaria; March 18, 2014 at 02:25 AM.

I thought you were the roman empire for a second.
    Proudly under the patronage of Tone
    Roma Surrectum Local Moderator

It would make me very happy to see some screenshots from dvk, enjoying what he created and is still making better and better with no end in sight (really keeping my fingers crossed he actually takes the time to do that sometimes)!

Quote Originally Posted by century x View Post
    I thought you were the roman empire for a second.
    Sparta actually had a red coloration long ago (I think in beta). But then it turned into that pretty bad yellow.

Hmm, I tried to match the colors in the Sparta icon (which is a rather bright orange lambda on dark red). Looks clean, I guess.

Fighting all these factions is fun. I have:
    • Two armies in Iberia beating Carthage (though one is a bit ragged now)
    • One army attacking Cimbri
    • One army attacking Boii
    • One army attacking Dacia
    • One army attacking Armenia
    • One army holding off Seleucids and Ptolemies

Belgae have been kicked off the mainland, I'll have to finish them off at some point...

ooooh dude, take pics of your naval invasion of Britannia....

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Do connect your Empire by conquering Dalmatia, though. It is very necessary...although it also acts as an invasion magnet.
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

I'm fighting everyone, so I kind of have to conquer everywhere. What invasion magnet, the last barbarian factions are already being invaded by me

There's a stack conquering Cimbri, there's one beating on the Boii, there's one destroying Dacia as well

Quote Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
    Do connect your Empire by conquering Dalmatia, though. It is very necessary
    You're referring to that one Rebel province between Italy and Illyria, aren't you? It doesn't matter, I'll clear it eventually.

It is in no way necessary, actually ... in fact, it's keeping me safe, as the Boii won't attack there, they will keep bashing their heads in on the west line (where they actually border me).

You'd be surprised what a single region of Rebels can do to help funnel the AI into a killing field where my armies are, instead of areas where I have no one defending.

Quote Originally Posted by century x View Post
    ooooh dude, take pics of your naval invasion of Britannia....
    A single boat dropping off a stack that then kills the Belgae? What's so great about that With only three settlements, and their treasury lost, the AI will not really be able to put up much resistance.

Once Carthage is dead, that frees up two armies, and the barbarians are resisting my three armies, but not for long ... everyone is doomed.

44 turns in, not bad, averaging over 2 settlements per turn.

Cimbi, Boii, Dacia all lost a settlement each to me today The Armenians and Ptolemies were luckier, they only lost a stack each to me... (well actually I think an armenian settlement will drop as well)
    Last edited by Alavaria; March 22, 2014 at 07:09 PM.

Sparta is a devouring Empire that spans a significant fraction of the known world. Much of this progress has been made in the last 24 years.

As always, Sparta's success is thanks to an aggressive military tradition and excessive use of force.

Part of the Agesipolis Reforms included the use of large "levied" armies of hoplites and pikemen. In this timeframe, the Romans never developed their named and numbered legions due to the extermination campaign headed by Agesipolis.

However, for whatever reasons, the term "levy army" stuck and eventually was replaced with the Italian "Legio". These armies were initially identified numerically for administrative reasons, but naturally gained names in common use.

Sparta currently commands 7 "legions" of the Agesipolis Codex style, making it the strongest in the known world, although not able to directly match the Romans at their peak.

Here follows a reckoning of Sparta's armies, 558 AUC.

Quote Originally Posted by Legio 1

Legio 1 Iberia
    Formerly: Legio 1 Italia -> Legio 1 Gallia

Legio 1 is not the most senior legion, but was created before the new designations. Legio 2 is the most senior legion, but the number of 1 was awarded to Agesipolis' army for merits gained in the Italian campaign of extermination.

Legio 1 Iberia is led by the First Among Equals, Agesipolis III, who created the Agesipolis Reforms and developed the military doctrines (tactical and strategic) that would be later recorded in the Agesipolis Codex.

In foreign lands, particularly those inhabited by the remnants of Romans, he is known as "the Demon of Sparta".

Target: Carthage
    Quote Originally Posted by Legio 2

Legio 2 Armenia
    Formerly: Legio 2 Makedonia -> Legio 2 Asia

Legio 2 is led by Machanidas "the Wall" who advanced Sparta's borders to the east and then held a line against countless Seleucid attacks.

After defeating the remnant of Macedon, Pergamon and taking multiple settlements from the Ptolemaics, this army's last great victory is the destruction of Pontus.

Target: Armenia
    Quote Originally Posted by Legio 3

Legio 3 Africa

Legio 3 Africa is led by the last of the "Spartan Trio", the three generals that initially set out on Agesipolis' campaign against the Athenians.

Legio 3 participated in a supporting role for Agesipolis' forces in the early stages of the Italian campaign, before separating to attack Sicily and then Carthage.

Status: Serious need of reinforcements (none available currently) and withdrawing to the north of Iberia
    Target: Depends, Carthage or potentially re-assignment to the Barbarian front (Germania)
    There's 4 more stacks, which have their own little stories, but these three were the earliest ones I had for a long time

(The reforms are obviously named after the Polybian/Marian reforms. The codex is a reference to Warhammer40k)
    Last edited by Alavaria; March 24, 2014 at 11:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alavaria View Post
    A single boat dropping off a stack that then kills the Belgae? What's so great about that With only three settlements, and their treasury lost, the AI will not really be able to put up much resistance.

Na man, you could have made it epic. 20 boats and 10 armies...

Sadly, Death (to Belgae) Day will not be so impressive, as they have no navy to speak off, and I have ships on their ports so I will be aware if they do try to make anything.

They are fighting the rebels on the island now

Sadly, Death (to Belgae) Day will not be so impressive, as they have no navy to speak off, and I have ships on their ports so I will be aware if they do try to make anything.

They are fighting the rebels on the island now
    Easy mop up for you.

Never not mop up.

Behold, Dacia's amazing punishment for bribing my settlement (that east-most Dacia settlement is the one they bribed from me)

Heh, making good progress. Though it seems Armenia still has a bunch of stacks to worry about... at least Dacia has lost their treasury and Carthage lost their second one.

This is the sort of terrifying monster attacking in Iberia, he can drag siege engines around half of Iberia in a single turn.

Last edited by Alavaria; March 30, 2014 at 10:19 AM.

High Fist's Avatar Vicarius

Gotta love movement bonuses.
    The only self-discipline you need is to finish your sandwiches

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

awesome campaign!

ferike_2007's Avatar Tiro

Sparta actually had a red coloration long ago (I think in beta). But then it turned into that pretty bad yellow.
    Could you provide the RGB code for this colour? I like it...

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by ferike_2007 View Post
    Could you provide the RGB code for this colour? I like it...

Thanks in advance!
    primary_colour red 130, green 15, blue 15
    secondary_colour red 180, green 130, blue 70