Page 51 of 68 FirstFirst ... 26414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1346

Thread: RS 2.6 - Post Your New Empire

Default Re: RS 2.5 - Post Your New Empire

Quote Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
    A united Greece is exactly what would've rendered them impossible to defeat if they ever united in reality. Are they still your allies?
    We are no longer allies.
    I slaughtered two of their armies on their mainland. They really did not want to give up their city...
    Proudly under the patronage of Tone
    Roma Surrectum Local Moderator

Default Re: RS 2.6 - Post Your New Empire

1000 replies, yeay RS2!

Heh, four assaults adding 4 more settlements so far this turn, with two (maybe three) more to go.

Averni capital, get !

In Africa, that long strip of Carthage-held space is jusst 1 settlement, so I should be able to grab that and go.

Carthago has a large foundry so yay!

In the west, the Averni capital has a large foundry as well. And a ton of stuff, good news.

In north Italy, I have a stack to clear that one Boii settlement, then I'll see I guess...

In the east, my stack has its sights on the Pontic capital. Going to need another army though...

Last edited by Alavaria; February 23, 2014 at 07:42 PM.

Keep it coming man these pics.
    I want to see the whole map as a Spartan Empire....

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Good. Hellenic Gaul.

Take up Dalmatia as soon as you can, though. It is a kind of magnetic invasion target for everyone north of Danube in the east, particularly the Boii. Once Hoplites form up on the bridges of Danube, the entire Mediterranean world becomes secure for a long duration.

What mod do you use for for invisible province boundaries in the minimap?
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

That's the way the map was when I installed RS2.

There should be another file that will use the map with province borders.

Basically "invisible province boundaries" is just making the secondary color of a faction the same color as its primary. It's in data, desc_sm_factions

For some factions invisible is the default and for others it isn't. I don't see why anyone would prefer the province border one...
    "Aristotle dines when it seems good to King Philip, but Diogenes when he himself pleases."

Ok, so this is what I've got. Currently, I have the Arveni capital, the Gallaci have traded me their map, so I know where their capital is. Meanwhile the Boii and the ones east of them have already been scouted, I know where their capitals are as well.

The blitz train is still going strong. Haven't hit anything that will stop me from forming a fifth army.

Currently, I have four armies, a fifth is planned. Of my five generals, 3 are amazing, one is a three star and the last has nothing. Welp. The Eygpt expedition will be the fifth army.

The hope is Africa force clears up Carthage, and then strikes the Galleci right in the capital.

My top general will just rampage in the barbarian lands. I now know where the last three Roman settlements are, but they will be dealt with eventually... they do have revenge stacks around trying to get to their holdings.

The far eastern campaign is in a good spot. The Pontic capital has a mercenary building, and can train pikemen. It also has a large foundry. Some shiny Rhodian slingers are nearby as well.

-------------------------------------

As far as the map goes, there's nothing south of the Carthaginian lands but Terra Incognita. A good distance east is a Greek City (they're not troublesome) so that force can just go in and start clearing. After Iberia is cleared, there's no new borders.

Similarly with Egypt, after landing, the force can go east and not encounter anyone but Egyptians.

The European areas are rather large and troublesome though, as there's a lot of room, however...

The East is just massive, and has a bunch of factions with powerful horse and horse archers. Gahhhh
    Last edited by Alavaria; February 24, 2014 at 12:28 AM.

Sounds like a very good strategy. I urge you to reconsider your invasion into Spain though -- I have a feeling they will be tougher than you think! I'd suggest finishing the romans in France, and then coming in from the north of Spain as well.
    "Aristotle dines when it seems good to King Philip, but Diogenes when he himself pleases."

Yeah, a better idea might be to take the north italy force and the to-be-egypt force and just send them right into Iberia to get the mines and permanently pacify that area.

High Fist's Avatar Vicarius

Yeah it's nice having all of Spain and its mines safe.

Is Sparta's units like really strong? You're only using like one stack per faction.
    The only self-discipline you need is to finish your sandwiches

Each army has reinforcements tagging along behind it, but indeed, only one stack is attacking, the other units just hide out until I need some replacement.

Levy Pikemen, Rhodian Slingers, Spartan Ekodromoi hoplites:

No, not strong stat-wise. You can start a game and check. Basically some of the cheapest units around.

Usually my units are at least experience 2, with +2 attack +2 armor. Slingers are commonly at 5+ XP though. I'll dig up something to show the armies.
    Last edited by Alavaria; February 24, 2014 at 08:22 AM.

Every time I invade spain I run into a slaughterfest. SPAIN is a hot spot of death

Ah, and hows the treasury keeping up?

It's an empire nearly spanning 60 regions, and only has 4 armies of mostly levy/militia units. Take a guess

I'll show off more stuff later, hilariously my stacks are scattered about due to running around leaving their reinforcements lagging behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Alavaria View Post
    It's an empire nearly spanning 60 regions, and only has 4 armies of mostly levy/militia units. Take a guess

I'll show off more stuff later, hilariously my stacks are scattered about due to running around leaving their reinforcements lagging behind.
    March divided, Fight united...

If I'm not wrong, the Averni had 5 settlements when I first "made contact". I first took two settlements from them (including their capital). On turn T+1, I regrouped, and they attacked me on a river, losing two stacks. On turn T+2 I took two more settlements.

Now I think they're down to one little village in a corner, and then it's bye bye for them. I should probably just send this general to clear Iberia, he'd finish it far faster than anyone else can.

My top general is a monster. He has a bunch of traits (including Conqueror of Greece +5, Conqueror of Italy +5) that make him move his army faster. And it's insane. Of my current 61 regions, I'm pretty sure this guy has added at least 30 of them ...

To keep this in perspective, I'm about 30 turns in, and this hero has like 60 turns left of life to him, so, you better watch out AI

Just look at that grin, you know he's gonna sacrifice someone today, and like it.

(Interesting, apparently he has the trait Bloodthirsty_Barb, and NOT Bloodthirsty_Civilized; this is a good thing, by the way)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

More on the empire side, yeah it's basically pointless trying to get good income anywhere past the settlements in your immediate region. Public Order eats your Tax Income Bonus, and you'll need more of those buildings because otherwise Corruption will eat it all. So basically I look for mines, potentially trade, and then just get taxes to Very High, and grab all the +Law buildings (in this case, Ares shrines, and the Academy line). Make good use of Wells and possibly Cisterns.

As for monuments, the Columned Streets or something seems to be bugged? It has +10% Happiness and +10% Happiness, the other monuments have tax income bonus penalties, this doesn't, so I can guess what went wrong...

Wells are +25% PO in 2 turns
    Cisterns are +25% PO in 3 turns
    Columned Streets are 20% PO in 3 turns (1 for the base, 2 for the monument).
    The first level of shrines are 5% PO in 1 turn.

There are a bunch of other 5% PO in one turn building. Another possibility is to quickly make Population Growth Measures. The bonus to PO from the higher growth rate (population surge!) will buy you some time, and for 2 turns of building (1 for the basic building, 1 more for the growth measures) you might get a lot of PO. If you're having trouble holding onto a settlement, you probably have low taxes -> even more growth and more PO.

When you first take a settlement this can help a lot. Also a low population from slaughtering means garrisons are more effective (tops out at 80%) and really really high growth.

NOTE: Wells/Cisterns add 20% Public Heath, this increases growth rate, meaning potentially even more PO.
    Last edited by Alavaria; February 26, 2014 at 01:53 AM.

Hamilicar's Avatar Tiro

The might of the Republic is found in this picture though it isnt all the stacks they have avalible.

^Wow look at Sparta.

Hamilicar's Avatar Tiro

Sparta is me lol and I can fight a defensive war against the Romans while expanding into Asia if I wish but the total amount of armies I can put into the field at this moment is about 5 full stacks worth of men as i go for elite unit armies (which are still massacred in auto resolve against Roman levies) and smaller border fort forces of local levies.