Page 40 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1530313233343536373839404142434445464748495065 ... LastLast

Thread: RS 2.6 - Post Your New Empire

Evalation's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: RS 2.5 - Post Your New Empire

The Imperivm Romanorvm:Sorry about the long writing, I had alot to say.

I first went after Greece after killing Hannibal because I get tired of the GCS death swarm stacks they send at me if I leave them alone. Carthage and Galaeci then entered into an alliance which seemed very odd as they usually are at each others throats, after hannibal was gone I marched north into the alps then west as far as Massalia. The spanish had taken emporiae and I wanted it back so I took a few Arvernii towns and then took emporiae, they diddnt like that and sent two stacks to take it back. I then launched a massive invasion of spain and managed to bring the whole country into the empire. After that I was curious at what carthage was doing scince they hadnt attacked me in a while and I used toggle_fow to find out.

To my horror they had conqured almost all of north africa and almost alexandria, What?!?.. That was a no-no so I retrained my legions I used for the spanish invasion and took carthage's capital and all their citys west of carthage itself.
    They responded quite aggressivly and managed to take back Lepcis_Magna up to Hadrumetum but were met by 2 legions that I began moving back from the west, they already destroyed one legion but I had 3 more left.

I defeated their two armies and marched east taking back lost territory till Carthage was no more. In Greece and Gaul I was meeting massive resistance by the Arvernii on one side, and the Macedonians/Dacians on the other. But alas, the Reforms finally came and I recruited my first early republican legion and marched it north to aide in the defense agianst the gauls. The arverni put up a good fight but my one legion managed to conqure 3 of the cities and their capital before it needed reinforcing. In greece the Macedonians had built up quite the army scince I left them alone for the most part in my conquest to be rid of the GCS and sparta. They began pushing hard and managed to conqure 3 of my cities (cant remember which ones) but the almost managed to unite Greece under their banner with 4 full stacks of some of the best units.

I rallied some legions and marched on Greece scince gaul had quieted down a bit and brought the Macedonians to heel. In the time it took to destroy Macedon I had recruit 3 named/numbered legions. I then took the offensive agianst the Dacians striking them before they could strike me agian, and managed to secure the danube river and fortified it quite well, when I was satisfied with the fortications of the danube I turned my attention back to gaul, the Arvernii had recovered and were now raiding my cities I lost 2 of them plus gergovia, I answered with my new named and numbered legions and struck them hard, I enslaved and destroyed every city I took from them and once the conquest ws done I saw to setting up the defenses of the Rhine and the river north of the alps.

I was in the process of recruiting more legions untill the second rebellion happened..... I wont go into detail about the headaches, screaming at my comp, and throwing my hands up into the air sessions I had.. but I won and I got my first emperor, with him I took the new Late praetorian legion I just recruited from rome, the 12th fulminata, the Rapax, and the Flavia felix legion and brought asia minor under my grasp, I then recruit more named number legions, the Domitiana, Flavia Firma, and the V Macedonica and marched on egypt and Seleucia.

and here I am now, Im planning an invasion of pontus and armenia with the V Macedonica, the Flavia Felix, the Flavia Firma, the Apallonaris, the Rapax(My favorite legion), and the Valeria Victrix.
    Last edited by Evalation; December 26, 2013 at 02:07 PM.
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion." - Alexander the Great

High Fist's Avatar Vicarius

Woah. Nice campaign.

I'd take a bit of Pontus and England and then say GG, goodbye forever. How long have you been at this one?
    The only self-discipline you need is to finish your sandwiches

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

How were the battles with the Seleucids?

If you want, show us some nice armiesss..

That's a real Empire!

Thanks guys, Ive been doing this campaign off and on for about a month, this past week I havent had much to do as im waiting on my new assignment in the Marines so ive had alot of time to conitinue my roman campaign.

The battles with Seleucia were tough, probably my toughest enemy besides Macedonia. Seleucia is one of my favorite factions to play as so I kinda felt bad destroying their armies, but in the end im a roman at heart and the greeks needed to go to make way for the glory of Rome.

Seleucia is actually serving as a strong buffer agianst Parthia, I havent come into contact with them yet but they own some territories that I want in armenia so Ill be fighting them soonm but Seleucia has 2 full tacks near the parthian border in the east but I dont know how long they can hold their eastern border as Parthia has the tendancy to create some nasty death stacks from my experience playing as Seleucia.

Yea i guess Ill make a post about all my legions, im still recruiting a few that I dont have yet. I disbanded all the late republican legions and I now solely use the Imperial Segmentata legions. Keep an eye out.

EDIT: @High Fist, I thought about stopping the campaign after I finish off pontos/Armenia and britain.. but the damn dacians... and skythians.. I will not stop untill they are dead... they keep bribing my selttlements of Oescum and Histrya and its pissing me off, so they need to go then Ill be happy.
    Last edited by Evalation; December 26, 2013 at 03:48 PM.
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion." - Alexander the Great

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

How did you prevent rebellions? Whenever I capture a city as Rome, no matter what I do i.e. destroy rival culture buildings, massacre the population, keep a strong garrison with a good governor, keep low taxes and such, they always revolt.
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

Heres the world with all the factions, I forgot to Toggle_fow on the pic above so here it is.

The Imperator himself.

The Frontiers:
    The Rhine.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The Danube.
    I hate Dacians and Skythians..

The Boii front.

@General Maximus, My advice would be to secure all of italy first, I just sent a few legions I had left and conqured all of italy and Rome *AFTER MY DICTATOR FOR LIFE DIED*, my heir diddnt get the Imperator Ceasar trait right away and I began to get nervous that I did something wrong but I kept playing and eventually once the rebellion was almost wiped out I got a message saying that the current faction leader had been crowned Imperator of Rome and that his power is now unequaled throughout the imperium( or something like that).

Another bit of Advice and what I did, I used only the legions NOT characters to reconqure regions, they did not rebel if they did not have a character in them. Once I got the imperator trait I was able to move FM's and Generals back into cities and they stayed loyal. I hope I helped a bit. Goodluck man, its a pain in tha ass.
    Last edited by Evalation; December 26, 2013 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Evalation View Post
    @General Maximus, My advice would be to secure all of italy first, I just sent a few legions I had left and conqured all of italy and Rome *AFTER MY DICTATOR FOR LIFE DIED*, my heir diddnt get the Imperator Ceasar trait right away and I began to get nervous that I did something wrong but I kept playing and eventually once the rebellion was almost wiped out I got a message saying that the current faction leader had been crowned Imperator of Rome and that his power is now unequaled throughout the imperium( or something like that).

Another bit of Advice and what I did, I used only the legions NOT characters to reconqure regions, they did not rebel if they did not have a character in them. Once I got the imperator trait I was able to move FM's and Generals back into cities and they stayed loyal. I hope I helped a bit. Goodluck man, its a pain in tha ass.
    Thanks mate, that was really helpful for the civil wars.

Although I was actually referring to generic rebellions instead of the scripted civil war rebellions, I mean the ones that can happen at any time. For example, after the first civil war in Italy during the beginning, I created two legions and sent them to Iberian peninsula and Greece respectively (after original Legions died out). I annexed a Carthaginian or rebel settlement in Iberia, massacred the population inside it, but the the public order was still low with or without the governor. Taxes didn't help, and I didn't have any time to build structures since rebellion would break out by then.

Same goes for the east - I conquered a Macedonian city but it just won't stop rebelling, which forces me to station all available troops just to turn the public order into disillusioned. Which literally means doing nothing while AI spams huge stacks with cheat money and besieges me every turn. My army whittles down to nothing after defeating one huge stack after other, and the city is taken back by the enemy.

In the end, due to this problem, I cannot expand at all, and sometimes in fact I lose my starting territories outside of Italy (Emporion and that Epirote city).

While this mod is great on one hand, it is equally frustrating on the other.

Hmm, That hasnt happened to me much. After I conqure a city I look to see if they are happy, or potential for rebellion if they are then I enslave them adn that usually sends the public order to green or almost green, after taht I destroy the taxI or TaxII icons and that adds to public order.

I always conqured a region with about 4 legions when I was strong enough and could support them so I could keep a legion in a city untill I felt it was time to move out and used the other legions I brought to fend off enemy stacks and conqure other settlements and wait untill I was able to replace the legion with a garrison army. Thats about all the advice I can give about this particaular issue, like I said I think its only happened to me a few times.

Edit: I may have used the process_cq cheat once or twice to put in some public order buildings before this happened in alot of cities, I remember doing that. hehe
    Last edited by Evalation; December 26, 2013 at 05:01 PM.

UsuallyI massacre the city as population growth is fairly high in this mod and it really helps with squalor.
    Then destroy anything the foreign barracks, communal tributes and anything that lowers public order while leaving anything that increases it.
    If you're still in trouble, build tribal justices, first aid shelters and lots of shrines. You really shouldn't be experiencing much trouble after that. A small garrison should keep them happy.

Ive been doing this campaign off and on for about a month
    Amonth?! I was playing my campaign on and off for about three months and I hadn't half that land.
    On 0-turn too? Here, you must have auto resolved every battle. :
    Nice frontiers though. The forts really do help don't they?
    Last edited by High Fist; December 26, 2013 at 06:57 PM.

I try to fight alot of the battles that I could lose alot of men from or lose the battle entirely. But if you knew how much time ive had to play for the past week you wouldnt be so shocked, it gets really boring waiting around for the Marine Corps to give you something to do, so I basicly had no life for the past week except for RS2.6.I just started auto resolving alot of battles when I got close to conquring egypt and all of asia minor, just so I could hurry up and connect my empire on all sides. I only play 1-turn btw.

Edit: Yes the forts do help alot when defending borders, especially with the way im playing in only recruiting the segmentata legions. It gives you a real situation the Romans faced in having your legions overstreched. The forts are filld with mainly auxilia troops and local mercs. The forts alone are keeping the seleucids, germans, and boii at bay because I guess they are not willing to go through all the almost full stacks I have defending my borders.

Its been a fun campaign and ive been meaning to try out an Armenian one to recreate the Persian Empire with them, I like their imitation legionaries and some of their other troop types. Can an Armernian player tell me if its a good challenging/fun nation to play?
    Last edited by Evalation; December 26, 2013 at 07:57 PM.

Armenia is fun. D'you like horse archer factions? You'll be relying on them heavily at first, or at least I did. After a while you can gather enough infantry to actually take the enemy head on (and boy do they take them head on).

I was scrabbling around for ages trying to defend my settlements - Seleucids coming from the south and east, Pontus coming from the west. Armenia's troops are some of my favourite though. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post13459693

I didn't get too far though, as I started focusing on Rome again.

They are fairly challenging I suppose. If you can manage lots of horse units, you should have no problem.

A tip I'll not for anyone interested: don't bring too many horse archers to a balanced army. They require too much micro and you can wither lose one or two completely or mess up a bit in the infantry battle. Two or three should do it.

Sounds interesting, Ive never been much of a horse archer person. I like infantry and playing as Seleucia, and pergamon alot the Armenians always gave me a run for my money. I believe I may start a campaign with them tommorow after I spend time with the wife first, shes been jealous of Rs2 lol.

you should post your Roman campaign. Im going to update mine tommorow after I conqure pontos and armenia, and maybe a little bit of dacia.

My Roman campaign is dead, corrupted save and I didn't keep multiples. I have a pic of the map though.

Was just taking over Gaul and Thrace. :'( I was so proud of the empire.

This is where I am now on the start over.

*Breaks down in tears.

SD_Man's Avatar Semisalis

Im thinking of starting a new Roman 1-turn hard campaign with the 2nd rebellion disabled (I find it unrealistic and too much focus on Rome) and some tweaked stats to make Marian legionaries weaker. What faction do you guys suggest I should " nurture" besides the all too common Carthage? Parthia and Dacia are definetly not a choice.

I really like the Ptolomies?

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

i go for pergamon next campaign,i like them alot
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

Mary The Quene's Avatar Praeses

I would go for the seleucid empire, they're the best
    Veritas Temporis Filia

I'd say Arverni. They are in a great position early game onwards, and the southern neighbours won't be arriving until at least mid game. And by then, you will be in a positinon to hold your ground and return the favour by taking Italy. Also, Arverni can get seriously rich if Rome doesn't arrive early.

SD_Man's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
    I'd say Arverni. They are in a great position early game onwards, and the southern neighbours won't be arriving until at least mid game. And by then, you will be in a positinon to hold your ground and return the favour by taking Italy. Also, Arverni can get seriously rich if Rome doesn't arrive early.
    This sounds interesting but maybe I can raise the stakes by making a Super Faction Triumvirate. I would prefer two other factions that border each other, besides Egypt and Seleucids (Antioch and Alexandria will be mine)!

Quote Originally Posted by SD_Man View Post
    This sounds interesting but maybe I can raise the stakes by making a Super Faction Triumvirate. I would prefer two other factions that border each other, besides Egypt and Seleucids (Antioch and Alexandria will be mine)!
    Don't worry. By mid game the Cimbri will reach the Rhine in full numbers.

Same goes for Celtiberia if they aren't annexed by Carthage or Rome.